any one of you who are in school after age 25

Back to school seems pointless these days now. Half of college grads are still unemployed but many of them are working as underemployed. That also stalls the grads from settling down and marrying because they have to pay off the student loans. It TAKES FOREVER.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

I'm 61 and attending college for a new degree. My previous degrees were bachelor's in political science, and associate's in interpreting. New major in information systems technology.

I want out of the newspaper career. So going back to school with hopes of getting into the radiography program. Right now taking math, english and medical terminology (it's my 1st semester).

Anyone of you who are still in school after age 25.

Why did you decide to go back to school?
I'm in grad school.
I'm in school because my undergrad degree is useless for getting any jobs.
Undergrad degrees these days are worthless when it comes to high paying jobs :(

I'm in grad school.
I'm in school because my undergrad degree is useless for getting any jobs.
Undergrad degrees these days are worthless when it comes to high paying jobs :(

It depends which. Some are fairly solid! Mech/comp/chemical/software/civil engineering (lots of engineering..). I forget some other ones that escape me. Most of the ones you have to get a master's/PhD in are the ones that are somewhat 'worthless', but I think they are more of a stepping stone where you need a higher degree these days.

What are you in graduate school for?

I went back to school at the age of 23 and graduated with my BA at 27 because I got pregnant with my daughter while going to school so I had to put off graduation. Then, I enrolled in the Master's program at Gallaudet at 28 years old and graduated with my MA at 30. Been working ever since (10 years now) but I do take courses for certification renewals. HOWEVER, I am complementating on going back to school for a different field ....interior designing but as someone who stages apartments, homes, or condos for people to go, "oooh and ahh". lol

Well, while in high school I attended vocational school and took auto mechanics. Right after graduating high school I went to the Nashville Auto-Diesel School and got diplomas is auto and diesel mechanics, and arc and acetylene welding. Then at age 19 I had a major car wreck and broke both legs. After that, and having worked for some years; my doctor told me I couldn't do the kind of work that I used to do anymore because I couldn't do heavy lifting or stand for long periods of time. So, at age 28 I started community college. Got two degrees - Associate in Arts and Associate in Science in Electronics Engineering Technology. Then transferred to a four-year school and got a paralegal certificate and a bachelors in Operations Technology (i.e. business management). Not that any of it matters - still can't get a decent job because of discrimination. So I work as a security guard.

I went back to school at the age of 23 and graduated with my BA at 27 because I got pregnant with my daughter while going to school so I had to put off graduation. Then, I enrolled in the Master's program at Gallaudet at 28 years old and graduated with my MA at 30. Been working ever since (10 years now) but I do take courses for certification renewals. HOWEVER, I am complementating on going back to school for a different field ....interior designing but as someone who stages apartments, homes, or condos for people to go, "oooh and ahh". lol

My husband just started college for his general requirements to work towards his BA degree. Starting from scratch..I cant imagine doing that now.

I was in school till my early 30's. I have 3 accounting degrees, AA, BS and BS in what was then called Automated Accounting (it was Acctg & IT). And I've never held and accounting job and I hate doing taxes.

I loved the IT part and wished I had "known" about programming when I was in H.S., but, I guess being female in the early 70's didn't help much with that. I was tired of school by then and was planning to start a family, so I didn't pursue a degree in IT.

I'm a programmer now and learned everything from on-the-job opportunities and some home study.

I got a degree right after high school but it never did me any good. Ten years after graduation I had a decent job but was feeling that my life was unfulfilled - that this was it, then.

So I went back to college to train for a new career.

After I got my B.A., there was just no work in my state so I returned to get my M.Ed. I don't think going to school at any age should be a big deal or prevent someone from pursuing a goal.

Laura

I am thinking about it. I used to take college classes whenever I could. I did the union electrical construction apprenticeship 30 yrs. ago. Before that I was an exploration driller here in Alaska. I have no desire any longer to be a construction worker but still want to work. Right now I am just thinking about it all.

I'm 43, just starting a last paper towards a PG Dip, then will start Masters next year.
I admit I do feel just too old for this, but its now or never, so I bear and grin it.

Am planning on going to graduate school in fall after 7 years of fulltime work straight out of college with bs degree. It amounted to nothing especially when ones deaf in a deadend job is the main motivation factor of why im going back to school in my 30s

waiting to hear results if im accepted or not

I'd love to go back to college but dont have a clue what I would like to do!

It is interesting that the majority regular posters on here have higher education. That could either mean we have less of a social life due to our degrees or that we feel more comfortable communicating over the net.

Interesting.

It is interesting that the majority regular posters on here have higher education. That could either mean we have less of a social life due to our degrees or that we feel more comfortable communicating over the net.

Interesting.

Please elabortate on what your post was?

I rather be in a real life than be in net. However, when i do errand alone, then i usually go both doing my errand and net. If i am with kids or family or firends or relatives then i can ignore the internet.

Back