any knitters

Kateweb

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone else here is a knitter or a fiber artist ?

I am a knitter. Not doing a bunch, but when my carpal tunnel is not too bad, I knit. I am currently making a jumper in a 6 month size for a doll.

I have made sweaters, afghans, hats, skirts and scarves.

My problem is that the projects take too long due to my carpal tunnel.

I am a knitter. Not doing a bunch, but when my carpal tunnel is not too bad, I knit. I am currently making a jumper in a 6 month size for a doll.

I have made sweaters, afghans, hats, skirts and scarves.

My problem is that the projects take too long due to my carpal tunnel.

have you tried some sort of brace to support your wrists keep them from moving in painfull ways?

have you tried some sort of brace to support your wrists keep them from moving in painfull ways?

I have the braces, but can't knit with them. It seems I hold my needles in a funny way, according to my mother.

I just knit until the pain is too bad, then I move onto something else, then come back to the knitting. I keep at least 4 or 5 different things going at a time. Knitting, Sudoku, ASL puzzles, reading, and crocheting.

Knitter here. I like Fair Isle, aran, socks, and other projects. Knitting in the round is fun. I also have a Bond knitting machine.

I am currently working on this pattern using wool in Erin green and soft white:

Hello Yarn Handspun Yarns.... We Call Them Pirates

That's beyond my level.

I have only done hats in the round noting else. My mother is currently making a pullover from the book "Knitting from the Top Down" for a 4 year old at church.

I have the braces, but can't knit with them. It seems I hold my needles in a funny way, according to my mother.

I just knit until the pain is too bad, then I move onto something else, then come back to the knitting. I keep at least 4 or 5 different things going at a time. Knitting, Sudoku, ASL puzzles, reading, and crocheting.

I do all kind of crafts, too. Can't you use a knitting machine? What is ASL puzzles???

I do all kind of crafts, too. Can't you use a knitting machine? What is ASL puzzles???

The only knitting machine I ever had was when I was a child and my brothers decided it needed to be bombed with lighter fluid and the old "caps" from a cap gun.

My ASL puzzles go hand in hand with a book by Lou Fant, The American Sign Language Phrase Book and the puzzle books were written by Justin Segal with permission from Lou Fant's wife and the illustrator Betty Miller. Volumbe 1 of the puzzle books goes chapter by chapter with Lou Fant's book and reinforces what you learn, and Volume 2 is just more puzzles on the whole book going from easy to hard. I found the puzzle books at Barnes & Noble a few years ago and have been slowing going through them. My father bought Lou Fant's book when it came out in 1983.

I would have to see how you are holding them to really try and help, but thier are a few groups down by you that meet up and knit http://www.ravelry.com/groups/search?r=&query=florida&sort=best ,
I actually posed cus I wonder how people sign and knit at the same time

Last edited:
Kateweb, Is that you made knits on Flickr?? Because I saw you made these bright colors. You did good job. Are you selling your items at Etsy.com? I love the bright colors!!!

I'm crocheter and know about knit a little bit. I knitted a scarf once time. I'm a jewelry designer.

Kristina, my work doesnt look like the patterns. ha. You have seen them on FB. There are two completed hats and one in progress. Wish I had photos of some of the socks Ive done. They are the best. They are also some of my favorite things to knit.

I'm can knit and crochet, but so far, I'm leaning towards the crochet. ;)
It just seems a bit more merciful when it comes to making mistakes and frogging.
I've made scarves, hats, gloves, and right now, I'm trying to learn how to make amigurumi dolls. You guys should look it up, they are very cute.

Kristina, my work doesnt look like the patterns. ha. You have seen them on FB. There are two completed hats and one in progress. Wish I had photos of some of the socks Ive done. They are the best. They are also some of my favorite things to knit.

I have never done socks. I can't seem to handle the smaller needles or the 3 needle apporoach. I tried and it got all twisted. I am a hands on learner and my mother can't teach that way. I have a hard time with the comprehension when reading a book even with pictures and diagrams and figuring it out. Really drives my mother nuts. The jumper I am making is on the smallest needles I have been able to work with and they are a size 6. The jumper is a 6 month size for a doll. I will take a picture of it when finished.

Kateweb, Is that you made knits on Flickr?? Because I saw you made these bright colors. You did good job. Are you selling your items at Etsy.com? I love the bright colors!!!

I'm crocheter and know about knit a little bit. I knitted a scarf once time. I'm a jewelry designer.

most of my flickr photos are hidden cus I cant aford a pro account but I do have a bunch up yes my link is Flickr: Kateweb's Photostream also I am also kateweb on etsy (http://www.etsy.com/shop/kateweb) I sell fiber dye and sometimes knit stuff on my store .

Last edited:
I crochet, I finished my mom xmas afghan, nephew afghan, 1 baby boy on the way (due in late spring) afghan finished, 2 scarves done for myself, currently working on baby girl on the way (due april) its white with pastel colors randomly striped on white yarn, pretty! In bubble baby blanket pattern I love this pattern, so easy and quick to work up I'm already on 8th row in 1 day (I'm slow crocheter lol have short attention span)
After that one then I'll do shell stitch pattern for other baby girl due in march in white and purple haven't decided to do 2 strands of both or rows of color hmm...
And I also sew I sew crazy fast though lol finished 2 diaper bags, 4 diaper cover, 3 bottles bag, 4 bibs, dog coat in less than a week. Talk about addictive! Lol

Back