any deaf rock climber ?

Originally posted by deafclimber
silentgold - thats cool... i climb on my homemade climbing wall w/o shoes too.

if i climb on harder route i wud wear climbing shoes.

Obviously, you are the Spiderman. Do not climb up on my apartment wall to peek through my bedroom. :eek: I will make sure to shut the window's shade down.

your parent did change your diaper. You will change your future daughter or son or your nephew or whoever diaper. what s wrong with it?

Originally posted by prana0777
guys pls welcome him and he is "legend" of climber J/K I want to applaud deafclimber.

ha ha ha you too ! btw welcome to AD ! yea maybe if we have more climbers in alldeaf.com then we can put questions on climbing stuffs for those ppl.

Originally posted by prana0777
your parent did change your diaper. You will change your future daughter or son or your nephew or whoever diaper. what s wrong with it?

Excuse me... I was just joking around. I am a mother of two teenager boys.

Sorry, you don't know me that well.

you re welcome :) if deaf climber want to ask some questions about climb thing. ask DEAFCLIMBER! he s MAN to answer

Originally posted by Sabrina
Excuse me... I was just joking around. I am a mother of two teenager boys.

Sorry, you don't know me that well.

relax. i just mess around with. i dont know all of you guys. if it s offense. then sorry

I took rockclimbing class once...I am a bit afraid of heights but I like rockclimbing...I might learn to love it...I like to be the climber...not the belayer...I got cramps being a belayer...shoulder cramps...it was torture..I felt like want to let the rope go..hah!

Teacher got us to climb blindfolded also...

Originally posted by SmellyFeet
I took rockclimbing class once...I am a bit afraid of heights but I like rockclimbing...I might learn to love it...I like to be the climber...not the belayer...I got cramps being a belayer...shoulder cramps...it was torture..I felt like want to let the rope go..hah!

all sweet ! that s allright if ur afraid of heights. i have some friends who r climbers r afraid of heights also. isnt it ironic, is it ?

ahh i never thought about climbing blindfolded ! sound funs ! actually we climb at night also... wearing headlight, we do climbing or bouldering. it has been fun. if u dont like belaying, u can try bouldering... it has been fun to climb without rope, harness but VERY hard to do.

happy climbing...

Originally posted by SmellyFeet

Deafclimber is right answer! he s still the MAN! If you dont feel comfortable with belay. you can ask someone who will belay for you while you climb. if no one will help you - go bouldering. the bouldering is fun to climb. I love bouldering so much. climb blindfolded - i had been teaching that stuff when i was working with indoor gym. alot of kids and adult like that kind (blindfolded) beucz it s more challenge but for deaf, it willb e huge challenge :)

if you are in colorado. you can join deafclimber. he is best teacher and the man to answer all of your questions :slap:

all sweet ! that s allright if ur afraid of heights. i have some friends who r climbers r afraid of heights also. isnt it ironic, is it ?

ahh i never thought about climbing blindfolded ! sound funs ! actually we climb at night also... wearing headlight, we do climbing or bouldering. it has been fun. if u dont like belaying, u can try bouldering... it has been fun to climb without rope, harness but VERY hard to do.

happy climbing...

I wouldn't climb blindfolded. I want to see the entire of my life flash before my eyes if I fall to my death. :p

silentgold, ha ha nah.. last jan i fell 25 ft within a sec ! i barely hit a ground by 4 ft and last month i fell 15 ft and barely hit the ground by 6 ft. u cant blink once when u fall down. just eyes wide open.

silentgold. i saw several climbing areas in ur state. do u live in prez clinton's town ? i can give u the locations where to climb on :) maybe i ll go to ark. this coming sept. or nov.

silentgold, ha ha nah.. last jan i fell 25 ft within a sec ! i barely hit a ground by 4 ft and last month i fell 15 ft and barely hit the ground by 6 ft. u cant blink once when u fall down. just eyes wide open.

silentgold. i saw several climbing areas in ur state. do u live in prez clinton's town ? i can give u the locations where to climb on :) maybe i ll go to ark. this coming sept. or nov.

I live in Malvern, AR. President Clinton's home town is Hope, AR. He was raised in Hot Springs.

Yes, there are a lot of climbers around here. I have never went nor went to watch here in arkansas.

Only place I watched was up in Maryland. I've never climbed except just to reach higher than my cousins in a dare game. :p

blindfolded is fun and challenge! if you dont try then you never have exp. if you try. you will have some exp with fear and how to trust your belayer :)

When I saw this website, I just thought about posting it up here for you if you're interested in rock climbing in Wyoming. Here's the link.

cheleler, thanks for the link.. it is a nice site. :) maybe next year my big climbing trip wud be in wyoming. :) bring ur family to climb on easy routes with me. :D

this post is really old, but i want this refreshed again. :)

do you know anyone who may be deaf rock climber or interpreter/rock climber ?

Back