any deaf rock climber ?

deafclimber

Reaction score
i wonder are there any deaf rock climber ? i think there are very few deaf climbers. i have been climbing since 1994.

i have about 4 deaf climbers/partners at different climbing areas and met 5 other deaf climbers online.

next year my friend and i are working on deaf climbers gathering that may be hosted in or near boulder canyon in colorado.

if anyone is interested in it, please let me know. i would love to share my experience with ya.

Last edited:
well from what i read in some articles in climbing magazines, blind climbers do, CP climbers do, and paralized climbers do also. u can do it ! :)

Originally posted by deafclimber
well from what i read in some articles in climbing magazines, blind climbers do, CP climbers do, and paralized climbers do also. u can do it ! :)

well I am not intersting at all

i wonder are there any deaf rock climber ? i think there are very few deaf climbers. i have been climbing since 1994.

i have about 4 deaf climbers/partners at different climbing areas and met 5 other deaf climbers online.

next year my friend and i are working on deaf climbers gathering that may be hosted in or near boulder canyon in colorado.

if anyone is interested in it, please let me know. i would love to share my experience with ya.
I DO !!! but u already know my skills is pppfffftttt lol but forward to learn something from u this August or next year whenever it is !! :cool:

Myself I used to Rock Climb at RIT when I went to College there. It was fun.. Now I miss doing Rock Climb I would love to go back and do it again :)

Hell no..I ain't afraid of heights...

I used to swim around some spring creeks where we could climb about 100 feet of cliff to reach the top so we could jump off it. There's a section of the cliff that is about 80 degrees. I've actually fell but lucky there was a water down below...about 12-14 feet deep.

I know a little kid (must have grew up by now) who used to climb it to the top very fast in less than 15 secs. I just took my time after that fall...made me more careful.

Yeah, I like to boulder... Used rock-climbing gym and climbed some rocks in washington state, and some places.
I think I used to climb at rate of v10- v13
And about 5-10 or something... But I heard and know that gym are easy and the real cliff, or mountain are little tougher.

By the way, it's nice to meet you.

ahhhh bingo ! glad to hear from yall...

bigoldman, cool ! i do bouldering too, but i do up to V4 cuz i am OLDER than u are ! j/k i do bouldering at boatrock near my home twice a week. i dont have a crash pad. i need 20 chicks to watch out my ass to fall off the rocks.

i am working to increase my skill on rating up to 5.11 this year. last weekend i failed on 5.10c route in RRG(red river gorge in ky if u dont know). it was pretty steepy, but fun.

knightwolf68, yea we talked about that while ago. i ll let u know sooner before i ll fly over to denver, co. for climbing in bounder area.

silentgold, yea fun to climb behind the water... then jump into that. did u climb without shoes ?

lezartist, i remmy someone mentioned that missouri does have the rock. i can give u a link to find where to climb on if u want to.

ahhhh bingo ! glad to hear from yall...

bigoldman, cool ! i do bouldering too, but i do up to V4 cuz i am OLDER than u are ! j/k i do bouldering at boatrock near my home twice a week. i dont have a crash pad. i need 20 chicks to watch out my ass to fall off the rocks.

i am working to increase my skill on rating up to 5.11 this year. last weekend i failed on 5.10c route in RRG(red river gorge in ky if u dont know). it was pretty steepy, but fun.

knightwolf68, yea we talked about that while ago. i ll let u know sooner before i ll fly over to denver, co. for climbing in bounder area.

silentgold, yea fun to climb behind the water... then jump into that. did u climb without shoes ?

lezartist, i remmy someone mentioned that missouri does have the rock. i can give u a link to find where to climb on if u want to.

Yes, Without shoes...

silentgold - thats cool... i climb on my homemade climbing wall w/o shoes too.

if i climb on harder route i wud wear climbing shoes.

BigOldMan, you called me that?! :eek: :laugh2:

Yeah, I love to climb some rocks... Aw, looks like you live in Atlanta? Correct me if I'm mistaken...

It's hard to find that many deafies who can climb some rocks...

I have always wanted to go to Greece where you can climb the cliff and the cliff goes up and back... Like crescent. If you fall, the water's right there!... I'll find the picture...

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
BigOldMan, you called me that?! :eek: :laugh2:

Yeah, I love to climb some rocks... Aw, looks like you live in Atlanta? Correct me if I'm mistaken...

It's hard to find that many deafies who can climb some rocks...

I have always wanted to go to Greece where you can climb the cliff and the cliff goes up and back... Like crescent. If you fall, the water's right there!... I'll find the picture...

oops ! i thought urs was bigoldman.:shock:

yea i m from atlanta.

indeed, it is very hard to find deaf climbers. so far i know about 12 deaf climbers and some climbers/interpreters... i hope we will have over 30 deaf climbers at deaf climbers gathering that may be hosted in august 2004. this august i will fly to denver and will drive up to boulder to find what campsite and climbing routes will be good for the deaf climbers gathering. my friend is trying to post some climbers in europe. i dontknow if they like the idea to fly to the States. wait and see..

what is your favorite place to climb on ? my favorite place to climb is red river gorge near lexington, ky. beautiful. it has over 1200 routes. my favorite places near my home are foster falls and T-Wall. very beautiful sandstone....

Oh kewl! Boulder, Colorado???? If so then not that far away from my home. about 20-30 minutes depend on which area in Boulder.
Myself as deaf climber. i am not that expert for that. If I go ahead, then might increase more muscles in my legs especially thighs.

Sound so interested. Keep update posts here. Thanks

ahh another climber ! yahoo...

that is allright if u aren't expert. hope yall have climbing gears like climbing ropes and protections and stuffs like slings and runners.

hey ? i will fly to denver on this coming august 1st. maybe yall will meet me at boulder on saturday ? maybe i can meet yall at the bar for deaf socialization. what do ya think ?

the reason i will fly to there is because i need to prepare a location for the deaf climbers gathering. i have several friends that recommended me where to climb. i am very much interested in el dorado canyon for climbing, but no camping is allowed. i will look for campingsites. it would be nice if we stay at national forest, but it restricts the numbers of campers.

so i will keep u, deaf climbers, posted. i will put a website for deaf climbers gathering asap after my trip in august.

deafclimber! I m joining alldeaf. it s intersting. i m more interested to join to part of climbing forum then i m there :)

guys pls welcome him and he is "legend" of climber J/K I want to applaud deafclimber.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Yes, Without shoes...

Because you are the chimpanzee Poor Lisa, she keeps changing your diaper. :eek:

Back