Anti-Adoption?

I think adoption is great if the adoptive parents can provide loving and stable homes for the children.

As for the abortions..I really wish people would be more wise with sex and preventing pregnancies if they know that they are not ready to have children. Better yet, they can refrain from having sex if they dont want to be parents.

My sister is adopted and I think adoption is loving and positive. But she struggled because of adoption. She felt different and wondered about her birth family. Years ago she was negative about adoption because of pain to children away from the birth family. She read anti-adoption websites.

WARNING: UPSETING LINKS AND QUOTE

Example: Adoption: Legalized Lies

There are myriad reasons to oppose adoption, including the damage caused to exiled parents and adopted children/adults. In addition, we believe that adoption is an inherently dishonest act. In other words, children are given one, true set of parents by nature, and these parents cannot be replaced or “switched at birth” based on a man-made legal document. Most importantly, it is unnecessary for anyone to endure the emotional damage and unnatural lies inflicted by adoption. It is not only possible, but critically important to assist struggling families without dismantling them.

(Use "anti-adoption" in Google but many links are very angry and sad)

I don't understand adoption as lie. Then my sister learned about her birth family - single mom, prison, sexual abuse. She was upset for many years. Now she is sorry she was so negative about adoption and hurt my parents and happy they adopt her.

I am not adopted so I don't know I guess. But I think adoption is selfless and not a lie.

My sister is adopted and I think adoption is loving and positive. But she struggled because of adoption. She felt different and wondered about her birth family. Years ago she was negative about adoption because of pain to children away from the birth family. She read anti-adoption websites.

There are myriad reasons to oppose adoption, including the damage caused to exiled parents and adopted children/adults. In addition, we believe that adoption is an inherently dishonest act. In other words, children are given one, true set of parents by nature, and these parents cannot be replaced or “switched at birth” based on a man-made legal document. Most importantly, it is unnecessary for anyone to endure the emotional damage and unnatural lies inflicted by adoption. It is not only possible, but critically important to assist struggling families without dismantling them.

I don't understand adoption as lie. Then my sister learned about her birth family - single mom, prison, sexual abuse. She was upset for many years. Now she is sorry she was so negative about adoption and hurt my parents and happy they adopt her.

I am not adopted so I don't know I guess. But I think adoption is selfless and not a lie.

Yeah, I agree with you, and I understand your sister's feeling about being adopted. My ex-girlfriend was adopted, and she was always negativing against her foster parents and complaining that she want to see real mother. Later when she became adult, she was too rebel and hatred of her foster parents, but I see her foster parents was clean parents, just too strict that's all, then she found her real mom in Texas, that is when she dump me, she move to her mom in Texas and she ended up as alcoholism from her mom's influence, also her real mom forced her to smoking the cigarette, etc. I was wondering is that why her mom sent her to adoption? I am glad that her mom put her on adoption instead of making her life more worse being with her mom.

Yeah, I agree with you, and I understand your sister's feeling about being adopted. My ex-girlfriend was adopted, and she was always negativing against her foster parents and complaining that she want to see real mother. Later when she became adult, she was too rebel and hatred of her foster parents, but I see her foster parents was clean parents, just too strict that's all, then she found her real mom in Texas, that is when she dump me, she move to her mom in Texas and she ended up as alcoholism from her mom's influence, also her real mom forced her to smoking the cigarette, etc. I was wondering is that why her mom sent her to adoption? I am glad that her mom put her on adoption instead of making her life more worse being with her mom.

wow, ex girlfriend is an alcoholic?? Geeze! What's about HER new family? :eek3:

Personally, I believe adoption to be a very selfless act. I also believe it to be an act of love.

Yes, sometimes the parents are guilty at giving their kids up to someone else to raise, and sometimes the kids do wonder why their parents didn't want them.

But if I had been adopted *Im not but if*, I would have felt glad that my birth mother had cared about me enough to give me life and then give me to someone who could afford to raise me and a better life.

Sometimes people get pregnant through no fault of their own and still decide that that child has a right to life. They do the selfless thing and have that child and give it to someone else.

The act of love is, knowing that they are not prepared to give that child the best of life possible. So they allow someone with alot of love to have their child.

I wish more people adopted, and I wish there were less abortions and more babies adopted.

Very true. Yes, and I really wish homosexual/single people can just adopt more children as long as they want to. :)

Hmm.. I visited this website, yeah, it may be true because one of my workers said the same thing.. so this site made me to THINK that adoption is not the best option, for being prefect qaulity of life, every child is wanted child, if not wanted then just destory it. Like one of workers at my work believed that adoptees should not to be here as if they'd rather to see no adopted children here. :/

My opinion, I strongly disagreed with this site..

That's the problem with the web. There are plenty of websites easily set up by disgruntled people for whatever reason, and searchers put too much value in them.

People who are upset or have a complaint are more likely to set up a negative website then people who are happy and satisfied are to set up a positive website. So, web searchers think, "wow, look at all the negative websites; it must be true!" But that's not necessarily the case.

I'm afraid searching for and focusing on negative anti-adoption websites just feeds the feelings of discontent. I hope your sister can find a positive support group that can help her resolve her feelings.

wow, ex girlfriend is an alcoholic?? Geeze! What's about HER new family? :eek3:

Well that happened when she went with her mom when I was 16, so that's about 3-4 years ago, but now I don't know what's up with her family and her bf or husby, I am not sure whatsoever the news about them. I just don't want to know more about them..

Very true. Yes, and I really wish homosexual/single people can just adopt more children as long as they want to. :)

Yupp the homosexual folks can do so much for our population enviroments! :)

That's the problem with the web. There are plenty of websites easily set up by disgruntled people for whatever reason, and searchers put too much value in them.

People who are upset or have a complaint are more likely to set up a negative website then people who are happy and satisfied are to set up a positive website. So, web searchers think, "wow, look at all the negative websites; it must be true!" But that's not necessarily the case.

I'm afraid searching for and focusing on negative anti-adoption websites just feeds the feelings of discontent. I hope your sister can find a positive support group that can help her resolve her feelings.

100% agree, Reba. My sister never found a positive support group. She struggled for many years. Now maybe she feels better. I don't ask her about her birth mom any more because she is so upset and I think probably her negative thinking is regretted later but I am not adopted.

:ty: for positive thinking, Reba. I think probably it helps with everything. :)

I think adoption is great if the adoptive parents can provide loving and stable homes for the children.

As for the abortions..I really wish people would be more wise with sex and preventing pregnancies if they know that they are not ready to have children. Better yet, they can refrain from having sex if they dont want to be parents.

Yes I second that.

I respectfully disagree to judge/label the mothers as selfish for give their babies up for an adoption or decide to abort their babies for severe reasons because they have different decision than us.

I can understand where the mothers come from and why they beleive is right for them.

Some mothers are planning to give their unborn baby up for an adoption until after birth, they change their mind for want to keep their baby, later then they regretted their decision for keep their baby because they do not feel ready to be parent but abuse their baby, that's why abortion is choice for them.

Some mothers have strong willing and know it's not possible for them to keep their unborn baby... and beleive the best for their unborn baby to have a new home with loving parents, that's why adoption is right choice for them.

Remember each person has different point of view over abortion and adoption issues. They all have my respect except who abort dozen of times without use sex protection.

I personally prefer to give baby up for an adoption if I can't acheive to be fit mother to my baby.

Question: Should the mother force to keep her baby when she do not feel ready to be parent? If yes, then she will end unhappy and hurt her baby more and more... sometimes she could kill her baby? No Way... That's why I support mother's decision for adoption or abortion because it's safety than abuse child.

I respectfully disagree to judge/label the mothers as selfish for give their babies up for an adoption ...
I don't think anyone said that the birth mothers were selfish for giving up their babies for adoption. It's actually a very selfless decision because the birth mom puts the needs of the child before her own needs.

I don't think anyone said that the birth mothers were selfish for giving up their babies for adoption. It's actually a very selfless decision because the birth mom puts the needs of the child before her own needs.

:confused:

Excuse me, I know and can read the difference between selfless and selfish. A creator stated in her post that she know someone who beleive adoption as a "selfishful" choice, not selfless.

She believed that adoption is a selfishful choice, it's very poor choice

I am not only one who can read the creator's word and disagree that it's selfish choice to give baby up for an adoption.

Mann_K05 said:
I don't know why some people think adoption is a poor choice.
Because many women don’t have the emotional ability to put a baby up for adoption or go through the pregnancy and dealing with others judging them. It is “easier” to have an abortion and nobody else ever has to know.

Adoption is a viable choice, but a birthmother must thoroughly research the adoption agency prior to placing her baby. A good agency, such as the Gladney Center Birth Parents Resource for Unplanned Pregnancy - Gladney Adoption Agency, will do a thorough check of adoptive parents.

Personally, I believe adoption to be a very selfless act. I also believe it to be an act of love.

Yes, sometimes the parents are guilty at giving their kids up to someone else to raise, and sometimes the kids do wonder why their parents didn't want them.

But if I had been adopted *Im not but if*, I would have felt glad that my birth mother had cared about me enough to give me life and then give me to someone who could afford to raise me and a better life.

Sometimes people get pregnant through no fault of their own and still decide that that child has a right to life. They do the selfless thing and have that child and give it to someone else.

The act of love is, knowing that they are not prepared to give that child the best of life possible. So they allow someone with alot of love to have their child.

I wish more people adopted, and I wish there were less abortions and more babies adopted.

I agree wholeheartedly with your post Bear but I rather to see no abortions at all rather than a few...Personally I haven't experienced what its like to be adopted but I have heard some wonderful stories from other people who has been adopted, most of the time they do end up in a good home other times they don't but I do see adoption as a positive thing and it can give a child a full and happy life where they are loved and it also gives a child a life too, so I am all for adoption but so against abortion!!! .....

I agree wholeheartedly with your post Bear but I rather to see no abortions at all rather than a few...Personally I haven't experienced what its like to be adopted but I have heard some wonderful stories from other people who has been adopted, most of the time they do end up in a good home other times they don't but I do see adoption as a positive thing and it can give a child a full and happy life where they are loved and it also gives a child a life too, so I am all for adoption but so against abortion!!! .....

It is your choice that you do not like the abortion, and then it's your business. But, we don't interfere to tell the parents about abortion or not. Of course, the law must not be involved because it is our freedom to make a choice.

Angel ty for agreeing with my post.

However, the problem I see with your post is NO abortions. While that may be ideal it is also not logical. If we had no abortions at all, then we would see mothers who cannot go to full term and risking their own lives to have a baby because we made abortions illegal.

We would also see mothers, going to backyard doctors and obtaining illegal abortions. And some did die before abortions were made legal.

I dont necessarily agree with abortion as I dont for anyone who wants to know. But I also realize that even though I dont agree with it, that there is a need to make it legal.

Angel, while I too wish that the ideal world could be no abortions, its just not possible at this time.

I say this because if there was a high risk of death to both the mother and the baby if she were to continue being pregnant, then what is the point in forcing her to continue it? Not only then would we lose one life but both.

I also whole heartedly agree that we need to put a stop to women that use abortion as a form of birth control. In no way,shape or form should a woman be allowed to have 4 different abortions. Regardless of religious background.If that person's religion does not believe in birth control or whatever, then my suggestion is stop having sex unless you are willing to take the responsibility in doing so. To have 4 abortions to me is murder. Especially, when there is the option of giving it up for adoption.

While there may be negatives to adoptions. The major positive is showing that child that you loved them enough to give them life, and to a hopefully more loving and more capable family.

I guess I would say I am neither pro-life nor pro-choice. But I am pro-adoption. I believe adoption is a very good thing even with the negatives that come with it. Some people are so desperate for a baby that they will kidnap one to get one. Think about all those aborted fetuses they could have had instead of having to resort to kidnapping.

While some may say that kidnapping is a mental disease, I disagree. Kidnapping is a form of desperation. Maybe they were turned down by the adoption agencies for not meeting the income standards, maybe they were accepted and had to wait years. Any of those factors could have drove those people over the brink into kidnapping.

All in all I would say adoption is a very loving and selfless act period!

:confused:

Excuse me, I know and can read the difference between selfless and selfish. A creator stated in her post that she know someone who beleive adoption as a "selfishful" choice, not selfless.

I am not only one who can read the creator's word and disagree that it's selfish choice to give baby up for an adoption.
Sorry I did a word search for selfish in "Search This Thread", and the only posts it came up with were your's and one by PuyoPiyo. PuyoPiyo said that abortion was selfish, not adoption, so I don't know who you are referring to. It wasn't a post in this thread. Maybe it's been removed. :dunno:

It is your choice that you do not like the abortion, and then it's your business. But, we don't interfere to tell the parents about abortion or not. Of course, the law must not be involved because it is our freedom to make a choice.

Where did I says I was going to interfere these parents from getting an abortion? ...

While you are correct there's nothing I can do to stop them from an abortion....

Last edited:
Back