Another Aussie ... Am I too old for this forum?

I think you are Jacob, the Aussie baby! :giggle:

Hello there,

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay here :)...

Welcome to Alldeaf Ozzie.

I'm a Kiwi living in West Australia (near by Perth).

Thanks ~SG~ ! :)

Why are you living all the way over the other side of Oz? A lot of people from the East say it's isolated over there, do you agree or not?

Been to NZ twice ... love it! wanted to live there but high costs of living, etc.

:welcome: to AD! Dont worry about your age!!! :)

Welcome to AllDeaf! ;) It's nice to know that there are more and more international members joining here. We all could use a fresh eye and mind here to join in the debates/discussions/feedbacks, etc. Please do make yourself feel at home while you browse around this site.

P.S. - It doesn't matter how old you are. That's the great thing about having variety of ages on this forum because we all can learn a thing or two from different generations by sharing their views, opinions so and on.

Don't worry about the age, because

1. Age doesn't matter.
2. This forum will make you feel so young.
3. This forum is for everyone to discuss.

Welcome to AllDeaf.com!

That is why, I am here to keep me younger to save my money to pay for plastic surgery on my face. :lol: j/k

Welcome Ozzie!

Thanks Kalista! I just woke up now early, excited to go on AD & look thru' the threads .... having fun reading & posting! :)

Thanks Shel & Jolie! Woke up early .... excitedly got back on AD :lol:

G'day! I have lived in Brisbane, Australia all my life ... 53 years old! and deaf from birth, though brought up orally and no sign-language as I was one of the 1st "guinea-pigs" to integrate into mainstream schools.

Am I too old for this forum? as this seems like a forum for the young people? Will you kick me off?

Too old??? Nahhh. You are only few years older than me.

Ever learn Auslan? What is your opinion on mainstreaming the deaf kids??

Too old??? Nahhh. You are only few years older than me.

Ever learn Auslan? What is your opinion on mainstreaming the deaf kids??

Hi Buffalo,

No, I haven't learnt any sign-language as there was no need for me at that time & mainstreaming was very tough for me as I was the only one in the hearing school .... very lonely! It's seems very different there in the USA compared to Australia. We didn't have interpreters, or any kind of help so was very limited.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Glad that you're enjoying being in here and hope your stay will be great! :)

:wave:
~RR

Thanks Roadrunner!

This site has very interesting insights and am thoroughly enjoying this :)

Thanks ~SG~ ! :)

Why are you living all the way over the other side of Oz? A lot of people from the East say it's isolated over there, do you agree or not?

Been to NZ twice ... love it! wanted to live there but high costs of living, etc.

You're welcome Ozzie. The reason why in West Australia, I have applied for University last year. So this year I got in.

I have meet Deaf family with 1 hearing daughter and Deaf son on the train so far.. As for Koala we will arrange to meet up one day. :) It is a quite small community here I guess.

As for NZ, yes it is a high costs of living and isn't cheap.

Hope ya enjoyed AD so far. :)

Ozzie, as the others told you, age doesn't matter. And you are not the only one being hoh (gosh, I use too many acronyms, hoh means hard of hearing) and oralize. I am SSD (Single Sided Deaf) and I oralize as well :) So don't worry :)

Hi Giulia & thanks for the kind words!

I didn't realize there were any acronyms associated with being Deaf .... just thought 'Deaf' applied to everyone so it's confusing! :)

Back