Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

Anytime I go into a fast food place, I just read the menu and ignore the employee at first. Then, I only make eye contact once I've decided. Then I give my order with specifics.
"Footlong italian bmt with pepperjack cheese, toasted. Chipotle, honey mustard, lettuce, tomato, pickles, olives, jalepenos, banana peppers. Large drink, blue Doritos, broccoli cheese soup." I give the order in parts in Subway, but everywhere else, generally, they get it.
Employees generally ask the same questions over and over. I worked at subway long enough to figure that out.

I'll say "with just lettuce and mayo" and will still get asked if I want other things on my sandwiche. Uh, what do you think "JUST" means? :cool2:

Well, I was asked by a pre-admissions doctor if I "snored"....I told him I had no idea..becauz I've never "heard" myself snore and he might want to ask my doggie (as she sleeps with me)....to find out "why" she always moves to the end of the bed. :giggle:...so it was off for chest x-rays....

Even hearies can't hear themselves snore because they're asleep when they do. Which is way they deny that they snore. Guess they thought someone may have told you that you snore.

I've woken myself up with a mid-snore "snort"!

I've woken myself up with a mid-snore "snort"!

I have to (and was thinking about that when I wrote my post), but there are people who deny they snore (my parents, for example). We even recorded my dad one time. :giggle:

That's a silly thing to deny...

Might as well say you never pass gas, either! LOL

Because there are far more hearing people than not, the deaf/HoH community will have more stories... but as a hearing person, I have one story of a girl who was quite rude when I tried to communicate with her.

She was in the library and I noticed she was reading a psych textbook that I had used in a previous semester. I approached her and asked if she was taking the same class and was going to offer her help as I had done pretty well in the course (and she was prettttty darn cute). She looked up at me with a strange look and so I repeated the question (still not knowing that she was deaf). She shook her head 'no' at which point I wondered if perhaps she was deaf/HoH so I politely asked. She wrote on a piece of paper "Yes, but I don't need any help from your ears."

I was shocked... I've been turned down by many girls before but never so rudely. It's like she thought I wanted to help her just because she was deaf. Of course, not all people are the same but I found it extremely disheartening that she was so sensitive/proud. Her hearing or lack thereof had no bearing on me or what I thought of her but I can't say the same for her towards me.

Because there are far more hearing people than not, the deaf/HoH community will have more stories... but as a hearing person, I have one story of a girl who was quite rude when I tried to communicate with her.

She was in the library and I noticed she was reading a psych textbook that I had used in a previous semester. I approached her and asked if she was taking the same class and was going to offer her help as I had done pretty well in the course (and she was prettttty darn cute). She looked up at me with a strange look and so I repeated the question (still not knowing that she was deaf). She shook her head 'no' at which point I wondered if perhaps she was deaf/HoH so I politely asked. She wrote on a piece of paper "Yes, but I don't need any help from your ears."

I was shocked... I've been turned down by many girls before but never so rudely. It's like she thought I wanted to help her just because she was deaf. Of course, not all people are the same but I found it extremely disheartening that she was so sensitive/proud. Her hearing or lack thereof had no bearing on me or what I thought of her but I can't say the same for her towards me.

Would your ears make good bookmarks?

You're posting in the wrong thread. :) :wave:

I find it funny how you are allowed to be rude to someone but the second someone does it to you, they're audists. I posted a valid story that sheds some light on the other side of the bridge and you dismiss it. You make it hard to accept the deaf/HoH community when you don't accept the hearing community.

I find it funny how you are allowed to be rude to someone but the second someone does it to you, they're audists. I posted a valid story that sheds some light on the other side of the bridge and you dismiss it. You make it hard to accept the deaf/HoH community when you don't accept the hearing community.

Then laugh if you find it funny. :wave:

Wow, I'm so glad the hearing impaired people I've met in my life are nothing like this community. Do you people just gather around here and sardonically bash anyone who isn't like you?

I was shocked... I've been turned down by many girls before but never so rudely.

Maybe it's just a knee-jerk reaction on her part. Tell her you found her attractive and just wanted to help. Ears not included!

It's been a while since we had a good hearing troll who wanted to hang around and interact. :wave:

Maybe you're not all that like you think you are. Obviously she wasn't interested. Did it ever occur to you that it's rude to hit on a young woman in the library?

I'm not even going to reply because my replies have already been denied. Clearly this website is a tightly knit group so when I offended Rebecca, I offended you all. Sorry Rebecca, please enjoy your TV room to yourself.

I wasn't rude. This is a thread that the deaf post/share THEIR experiences. You are perfectly entitled to start a new thread of your own sharing your experience.
And regarding your last sentence, if you think about the hundreds of years that the deaf were oppressed, bullied, resented, mocked (and more, we can name it) even today, I think we're more than allowed to post our own stories without you coming in and berating a deaf person in a DEAF thread.

Back