annoyed by having to click to activate quick reply box.

bmxer

Reaction score
I liked vbb 3 but im annoyed by few of its features.

one of bad feature that quick reply is disabled at default :/

bmxer said:
I liked vbb 3 but im annoyed by few of its features.

one of bad feature that quick reply is disabled at default :/

I agree with you. However, the only way you can enable it is click one of a button that look like this
quickreply.gif

The reason why it's disabled by default is because of the "Quote Message in Reply?" feature is available. If you're reading the threads and you see someone's post that you want to quote and reply to, just click on the
quickreply.gif
icon in that post and it will take you down to the Quick Reply textbox. When done typing in your reply, check the "Quote Message in Reply?" box and it will include the quote of the post that you are replying to. I didn't realize this until a week after AllDeaf was upgraded and I find it a lot easier for me instead of having to click on the
reply_small.gif
icon and then typing in my reply. I only use the
reply_small.gif
icon if I want to modify the quote in any way before posting my reply. I would use it for something like this:
I saw a car
Oh really? What kind of car?
and it almost ran over this woman
Was this woman sexy?
but I ran and pushed her
I bet she thought you were abusing her at first... heh!
out of the way.
I bet she was so happy that you saved her life that she decided to get you laid!
That's something I use the
reply_small.gif
icon for. If the Quick Reply textbox was not disabled, then the "Quote Message in Reply?" feature would be irrelevant.

Ahhhhh now that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering where Quick Reply was so I could make quick replies. I use the Reply button because I want to have a whole new post instead of a reply with quote included. I didn't know where the Quick Reply button was at first until the icon was pointed out, it's a bit hard to work out at first.

Ziusudra said:
Ahhhhh now that makes a lot of sense. I was wondering where Quick Reply was so I could make quick replies. I use the Reply button because I want to have a whole new post instead of a reply with quote included. I didn't know where the Quick Reply button was at first until the icon was pointed out, it's a bit hard to work out at first.
Yeah, took me a while to figure that out too. It makes things a lot easier for me now.

ROFL VAMPY! that example is SOO FUNNY! haha but good clarification ROFL i LOVE ur comment LOL! :thumb:

I guess there will be a vbb mod on vbulletin.org that will change the way this quick reply works.

Is there any way to disable the default feature so quick reply is always on?

Ziusudra said:
Is there any way to disable the default feature so quick reply is always on?
That would be a good idea, but if it's always on... how would the box know which quote you are replying to... if you're quoting someone else. When I click on the QuickReply icon, it takes me to the QuickReply box and I type in my reply. If I check the "Quote Message in Reply?" box, then it will include the quote that I clicked for.

If it is off by default, then is it there? It would be nice and less confusing if it isn't there at all unless they wanted them on specifically in their own setting.

Back