Andy Rooney Dies At 92 years old.

I read that this morning. He said he never wanted to retire and die while still working. He almost made it.

My parents loved Andy Rooney. He will be missed by many fans.

Oh :-( May he rest in peace. At least he had a nice, long life and accomplished so much. To this day I still love the Holiday movies such as, "Rudolph" and "Frosty the Snowman".

Are you confusing Andy Rooney with Mickey Rooney, by chance? Mickey Rooney, the actor and singer, is still alive, I believe. Andy Rooney, best known in recent years as the cantankerous commentator on 60 Minutes, is the one who just died.

Are you confusing Andy Rooney with Mickey Rooney, by chance? Mickey Rooney, the actor and singer, is still alive, I believe. Andy Rooney, best known in recent years as the cantankerous commentator on 60 Minutes, is the one who just died.

No wonder I'm confused. I've never associated Andy with Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer or Frosty the Snow Man. :P

Although he did sometimes have a red nose. ;-)

Andy Rooney and Mickey Rooney are about the same age too, I think they're only a year apart. Lots of people have to think twice as to which is which when they see the name of one or the other.

He had the biggest eyebrows in the world! Loved his way with words.

Less than that, actually. It was almost exactly a month ago that he had his last appearance.

I guess the new reporter was wrong about this then.

Hmmm???

From the article you posted:

"But his life after the end of "A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney" was short: He died Friday night, according to CBS, only a month after delivering his 1,097th and final televised commentary."

Hmmm???

From the article you posted:

"But his life after the end of "A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney" was short: He died Friday night, according to CBS, only a month after delivering his 1,097th and final televised commentary."

I will admitted I did not read the whole article! I heard on TV it was 2 months.

I remember when that cantankerous old man was one one of the best things on 60 minutes....since growing up we kids had to watch him Sunday nights. He always said it just like he thought it and didn't care who agreed or didn't for that matter. He will be missed sorely.... God bless you.

Back