Alldeaf's very own spider thread

R2D2

Reaction score
... before they were hearing and like to hear the sound of spiders walk... flies... rain... after surgery, they don't like the sound... They have to learn to accept the different sounds they were before. Interesting.

There are people who can hear spiders walk? :eek3: Is that even possible?

Now I'm creeped out. :ugh3: I remember reading some horror story about some guy who could hear a really big spider running across his room years ago. I guess you can hear spiders walk if you hear well enough. :ugh:

Yes, I did asked my sons... They said yes... :eek3: but they said that the animals can hear shape than humans... Interesting... My sons also said that it's beautiful sounds when the spider walk or "voice"... It's not just spiders, but insects as well...

They can hear the spiders walk... :eek3: They described the sound to my hubby... they like to watch spiders's movement - walk on the table... I think we should let hearing posters to answer our posts here... and will happy to describe the sound of spiders and insects...

My sons said that sometimes they don't like the sounds especially flies.

Now I'm creeped out. :ugh3: I remember reading some horror story about some guy who could hear a really big spider running across his room years ago. I guess you can hear spiders walk if you hear well enough. :ugh:

:jaw::eek: that really creeps me out! even when I was hearing I couldnt hear that! I suffer from arachnophobia, seeing them totally freaks me out, couldnt imagine what my life would be like if I could hear them walking too!

I think we should let hearing posters to answer our posts here... and will happy to describe the sound of spiders and insects...

My sons said that sometimes they don't like the sounds especially flies.

Yeah, I will ask my husband who is hearing if he can hear spiders walk. We have quite a few big hairy ones here in Australia.

I agree that the buzzing of flies is annoying and yes we have a lot of flies in Australia too. :(

Oh, I do need to add somthing else to my annoyances list:

4. Listening to my husband grind his teeth yeuch!

Yeah, I will ask my husband who is hearing if he can hear spiders walk. We have quite a few big hairy ones here in Australia.

I agree that the buzzing of flies is annoying and yes we have a lot of flies in Australia too. :(

Oh, I do need to add somthing else to my annoyances list:

4. Listening to my husband grind his teeth yeuch!

hairy spiders? :Ohno:

*curious* I am looking forward to have your next post about your hubby's reaction over the sound of spiders/insects.

hairy spiders? :Ohno:

*curious* I am looking forward to have your next post about your hubby's reaction over the sound of spiders/insects.

I woke up at 3:30 am for this? Discussing spiders wasn't what I had in mind when I came here. :lol:

I woke up at 3:30 am for this? Discussing spiders wasn't what I had in mind when I came here. :lol:

LOL! I'm evil but here is a picture of huntsman to keep you further awake.

Attachments

• Spider_Dads_hand.JPG
    Spider_Dads_hand.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 15
R2 Im gonna have to kill you for that! I am totally and utterly terrified of spiders and now you had to go and embed that in my brain! Now everytime I come to look at my thread I have to see that?!

I am already paranoid enough about spiders that I am constantly looking around me for them and now I am picturing huntsmans all over my house!!

Grrr YOU!!!

R2 Im gonna have to kill you for that! I am totally and utterly terrified of spiders and now you had to go and embed that in my brain! Now everytime I come to look at my thread I have to see that?!

I am already paranoid enough about spiders that I am constantly looking around me for them and now I am picturing huntsmans all over my house!!

Grrr YOU!!!

Oh no! I feel sooo bad now! :Oops: If you want to get me back you can post a photo of a mouse :giggle:

PS I asked my husband tonight if he could hear spiders walk and he said "no". I guess some hearing people must have very sensitive hearing and I guess you can understand why Liebling's friend was disappointed if his hearing was that good originally. It would be expecting too much of a CI to be able to hear that, I think.

oh my hearing spiders walk eeeeekkkk hate to think of hearing that and you, R2 GRR i will kill this spider you just posted as photo for anyone here who HATES spiders.

WHAMP it goes the spider.

annoying thing if CI get broken but hope not

Oh no! I feel sooo bad now! :Oops: If you want to get me back you can post a photo of a mouse :giggle:

PS I asked my husband tonight if he could hear spiders walk and he said "no". I guess some hearing people must have very sensitive hearing and I guess you can understand why Liebling's friend was disappointed if his hearing was that good originally. It would be expecting too much of a CI to be able to hear that, I think.

Interesting, I asked my co-worker today. She said that she can hear spiders walk and voice... she can't stand it... It got her :cold: It doesn't bother my boys because my cats like to catch and then eat spiders... :cold:

Yes my co-worker said that the some hearing person have very senstive hearing, not all hearing people who can hear the spider walks... interesting...

A guy with a CI, my hubby met said that the sound of spider walk is too different as his original hearing and "metal" hearing...

:Ohno: Is it your hubby's hand with that ugly spider? :Ohno:

LOL no! He's more scared of spiders than me! :giggle: That reminds me...WARNING scary spider story ahead.....when we built our house a few years ago, we didn't yet have the key to our new mail box out the front, so it was locked. So, when I came home from work each day I used to put my hand through the opening at the front and feel around for mail and pull it out that way. When we finally did get the key a week or so later, I opened it up and discovered a couple of red back spiders in there who had made it their home. They are small but are one of the most poisonous spiders in the world. I learned my lesson. :giggle:

Back