Air conditioning service

The Highlander, I'm sorry I log out this am, rush to my work. Now I reply you .
4) Use A/C too much, can reduce R134a refrigerant life. Even the A/C compressor will run with heater mode on to heat or defrost in winter time cuz the refrigerant oil need to circulating the system to lubricate the compressor. Most vehicles have this A/C functions. Some vehicles don't, might explain why the Subaru have no problems with A/C systems. Am I wrong?
5) the MPG in the older vehicle that equipped with the R12 system, is worse than the latest vehicle that you mention in post#18. My answer is no. They are different systems. No change on the highway.
The R134a compressors are working more hard overtime than the R12 compressors..... if the outside temp around 70 degree F, the high pressure in R134a compressor would be 250 psi higher than the R12 compressor about 175 psi at engine idle but the outside temp reach abt 90 degree F then R124a compressor would be over 300 psi, and R12 compressor would be 250 psi. I don't see the worst MPG on the older vehicles. Yeah, many R134a compressors suffer seize or noise. I wish you to come to my work to training you. Who is the best deaf automotive instructor in USA? Nobody. Just me, once you learn my experience then you becomes like 10 years experience in one training week.
PS. Any mechanics can be dumbass.

:giggle:.... What model year(of the vehicle), did you put a R12 freon in the A/C system? How did you get the R12 freon cans?

he probably put an expired can with rust pin holes on it he stole back in 2000 from wally world into a 134 system-when can got cold the can started to disintegrated as he got too close to check- explains his body parts falling off... :laugh2:

I want TCS to read this thread when he gets home tonight. His Jeep's AC is slow to cool compared to my older Jeep's AC. My Cherokee's AC is super quick cooling but his Commander is slow. We recently had to get the AC on his work van fixed (not cheap).

4) Use A/C too much, can reduce R134a refrigerant life. Even the A/C compressor will run with heater mode on to heat or defrost in winter time cuz the refrigerant oil need to circulating the system to lubricate the compressor. Most vehicles have this A/C functions. Some vehicles don't, might explain why the Subaru have no problems with A/C systems. Am I wrong?
How much is too much?

I'm not able to post more news cuz I work today, very busy day. My dayoff is today but my service writer need me bad. I'll post tonight. Sorry Dst

I want TCS to read this thread when he gets home tonight. His Jeep's AC is slow to cool compared to my older Jeep's AC. My Cherokee's AC is super quick cooling but his Commander is slow. We recently had to get the AC on his work van fixed (not cheap).

Reba's 2000 Cherokee - visited two different repair mechanics. Both said we needed a completely new A/C system because the compressor was toast. $1200+. Then I took it to my regular mechanic and he said it was ok with minor repairs. I bought an A/C electric fan (on EBAY) to replace the seized one and then he adjusted the magnets on the compressor. VERY cold air instantly! About $200.

Converted my 1997 Chevy van from R12 to 134 about 3-4 years ago. The compressor died after about 2 years. About a month ago my regular mechanic installed a Ford compressor. He said GM compressors are not well built. It works wonderfully. VERY cold air. About $400. This is while our temps are about 95-99 degrees.

My 2006 Jeep Commander's A/C is taking a long time to cool. It has been 4 1/2 years. I think it is time to charge it. Guess where I'm not going to take it? Also, forget the dealer. :)

btw...I can't find the A/C switch on my motorcycle..:dunno:

he probably put an expired can with rust pin holes on it he stole back in 2000 from wally world into a 134 system-when can got cold the can started to disintegrated as he got too close to check- explains his body parts falling off... :laugh2:

:lol: I guess PFH got an illegal imported R12 freon can. If I see PFH bring his car for A/C service, then I will hook up a refrigerant identifier to the R134a system, to check if the R134a get R12 virus. I can tell him to find another A/C shop and bye PFH. You know that if I see R12 freon in the R134a system, I refuse to reclaiming the contaminated freon from the system cuz they can virus the virgin R134a freon and machine. Charge a customer $45 for ID refrigerant.

Reba's 2000 Cherokee - visited two different repair mechanics. Both said we needed a completely new A/C system because the compressor was toast. $1200+. Then I took it to my regular mechanic and he said it was ok with minor repairs. I bought an A/C electric fan (on EBAY) to replace the seized one and then he adjusted the magnets on the compressor. VERY cold air instantly! About $200.

Converted my 1997 Chevy van from R12 to 134 about 3-4 years ago. The compressor died after about 2 years. About a month ago my regular mechanic installed a Ford compressor. He said GM compressors are not well built. It works wonderfully. VERY cold air. About $400. This is while our temps are about 95-99 degrees.

My 2006 Jeep Commander's A/C is taking a long time to cool. It has been 4 1/2 years. I think it is time to charge it. Guess where I'm not going to take it? Also, forget the dealer. :)

btw...I can't find the A/C switch on my motorcycle..:dunno:

How long did you get a condenser fan motor for replace a seized motor? I believe he adjusted A/C clutch for air gap clearance

ALL new vehicles manufactured for the North American market use R134a refrigerant since 1995. I had been see some R134a systems in the vehicles of the model year 1993 or later.

Ford compressor in a Chevy van? What?. I think he misunderstand for Sanden compressor. Never mind. GM compressors are horrible. I replaced a compressor in my Chevy Astro about 2 year ago due to noises after my hearie mechanic informed me.

Time to recharge fresh freon.

My ex sister in law would never had reported the mechanic , she had no backbone at all! Her husband left her for that reason.

He left her simply because of THIS incident or because she doesn't have any backbone in general in life if people take advantage of her?

heavy A/C users in LV or Arizona, then the R134a freon like to be fading after 1 or 2 year. :hmm:
Thanks for explaining the results.

We live in South Carolina, and we use our A/C about 8 months of the year. It's worse here than Arizona because it's more humid, and in the spring, even when it's not too hot, there's too much pollen in the air, so we use A/C.

How long does the freon normally last in other states?

Thanks for explaining the results.

We live in South Carolina, and we use our A/C about 8 months of the year. It's worse here than Arizona because it's more humid, and in the spring, even when it's not too hot, there's too much pollen in the air, so we use A/C.

How long does the freon normally last in other states?

I would say 6 or 7 years average in normal A/C operation and mileage. Hot temp/ high humid weather then I would say 4 years or less depend on how often the A/C uses.

Back