Age Gap Tolerance in Relationships

What age gap are you comfortable with someone you would get involved with?

• Same Age, +/- a year or two

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Similar Age, +/- 5-10 years

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Touching on Generations, +/- 10-15 years

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Extreme Age, +/- 15-25 years

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Any Age Worthy of Controversy

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Somebody's got to pull the reigns on those brains down under!

:P :thumb: :dance2: :cool2: ;)

j/k! Just my amusing side of humor. (OK OK... maybe not! :D )
:laugh2:

5-10 is good for me, but I guess it really depends on the person and the situation.

I look at some of my 18 year old students and have to pinch myself to keep out the naughty thoughts. :D

5-10 is good for me, but I guess it really depends on the person and the situation.

I look at some of my 18 year old students and have to pinch myself to keep out the naughty thoughts. :D

I understand your point of view, girls at that age want to explore twentysometing lifestyles, not worth the trouble to get involved. I once had the same mindset, only it took reality to set in. Good thinking.

My hubby is two years older than me. I feel most comfortable with someone near my age. We share similar experiences and ideas. I was lucky to find someone with whom I share so much.

Same - I was born jan 88 so dating someone 10years younger would make them 11 or 12! hmmm... I think NOT! :nono:

I was 16 years old in 88! LOL! Two of my friends who were 16 had babies during that year so I guess their kids are the same age as you are now. EEEK!

I understand your point of view, girls at that age want to explore twentysometing lifestyles, not worth the trouble to get involved. I once had the same mindset, only it took reality to set in. Good thinking.

Whew! I thought you were going to give me another nut kick for posting that. :D

I like older guys. I'm 23 and have dated guys as old as 17 years my senior. Typically though, they're between 25-35 (so 2-12 years difference). I haven't found a guy my age or younger that has shown me a good maturity level. Not that I'm against dating someone younger or same age but it just hasn't happened!

Jess I just saw your title under your name and I was :laugh2:

interesting how 'everyone' considers age is a numbers but baulks on 'health' or 'physical appearances..... like ageist discrimination is frowned on but physical attraction is still along the lines of 'normality' so an ugly same age girl is going to have a hard time against an (rich) gym fanatic with 20 years senior to her...(and other way around for males to attract females)..
simply put, it is apparent in this thread females have admitted as much as men in being picky, SO woman now have NO excuses to complain about men being a chauvinist!! it works on both sides....since being fit is now has been known to be more important than 'age appropriateness' than ever...its just an observation, hmm interesting

interesting how 'everyone' considers age is a numbers but baulks on 'health' or 'physical appearances..... like ageist discrimination is frowned on but physical attraction is still along the lines of 'normality' so an ugly same age girl is going to have a hard time against an (rich) gym fanatic with 20 years senior to her...(and other way around for males to attract females)..
simply put, it is apparent in this thread females have admitted as much as men in being picky, SO woman now have NO excuses to complain about men being a chauvinist!! it works on both sides....but being fit is now has been known to be more important than 'age appropriateness' than ever...its just bloody interesting

LOL yes there are female chauvinist pigs. I'm not an ageist, yes he has to be somewhat good looking I don't think that's too much to ask for. But I definitely am not in it for money, nor do I like body builder types. I'm pretty down-to-earth.

Btw, :wave: hi Grummer, haven't seen ya in awhile.

in addition, while we are moving towards a so called anti agesit, anti racist, and anti sexist society, it is quite an irony which everyone is even more picky, heck we should consider a possibility of an additional anti discrimination discourse along the lines of anti-monetarically creditist, anti-intellectualist, anti-muscularalist and also possibly anti-individualist...

ok..... im signing off, im still going through cold-turkey, a symptomatic reaction from withdrawals of AD addiction.....

in addition, while we are moving towards a so called anti agesit, anti racist, and anti sexist society, it is quite an irony which everyone is even more picky, heck we should consider a possibility of an additional anti discrimination discourse along the lines of anti-monetarically creditist, anti-intellectualist, anti-muscularalist and also possibly anti-individualist...

Not quite everyone is that picky... it seems that in that area, religion plays a role in that so we see the people coming from families, strongly invested in religion.

Anti-individualism is very strong over Washington DC, right now.

im 28 years old but im born in 1981 and my boyfriend James also older than me but he born in 1980 he one years older than i am.

You misunderstood my post, this is based on one's own private preferences toward maximum age tolerance for a relationship, not a public obligation toward equality, so if you do not suit a girl's preferences, that is her private ddecision. If it were based on a public obligation, eg ASL services, disability services, etc, then that is discrimitory -which this thread is not about. Everyone has an age tolerance limit, so it describes an age range not necessarily being picky.

Back