After The Affair.....

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your spouse has confessed after the affair and promised to be honest from now on. How do you rebuild all those shattered pieces and trust your spouse again?...

I never been married or Isn't Currently Married...I would say if He made a promise to me that he would end the affair and stay with me I would possible Not accept that because I believe once a cheater would always be a cheater...If he love me he wouldn't have had the affair the first Place. I would have a hard time trusting him again and Trusting is a very Important Factor in a relationship if there isn't no Trust there isn't no Relationship. ;)

*Hugs* Good Thread Twinie.....

^Angel^ said:
Your spouse has confessed after the affair and promised to be honest from now on. How do you rebuild all those shattered pieces and trust your spouse again?...

You don't

^Angel^ said:

At once your spouse admitted that he had an affair. Forgive him and move back with you. It will be recycle as forever. At once he made a mistake, he would continue like that.

I did forgive my ex husband twice !! I end up threw him out of my life !

When you make a mistake, it is hardly to change urself !! I do not trust with any men who are a player or love women.

Well, to me, it would be very very hard to do so!..it would depend on circumstances really...like if there are small children in the family, probably could give him a second chance..if he did it again, then divorce the bum!!!

I know my husband will never have affair on me. I told him if he ever had affair while being married to me, that the marriage would end. He treasure me and he would not even dare flirt with any women. He told me that his worst fear in his life is to lose me. I would do the same for him by being faithful and true to him. We are christian and believe in being faithful to each other. Our eyes are locked onto each other forever. :locked: :kiss:

Like Most People say they can look but cannot Touch. I love that Phrase. :ily:

^Angel^ said:

If he confessed it to me then I will forgive him, but I make sure that he doesn't forget how I feel.

If he doesn't confess and I find out the truth myself then I will not forgive him, but I'll make sure that he understand that there's no chance for "us".

He didn't confess it to me, being married and together for such a long time, I learned it the hard way, it broke me in a million pieces to find out he loved & lusted for another woman while being married to me. Now I'm with my significant other and I have found what love truly means.

Socrates said:
He didn't confess it to me, being married and together for such a long time, I learned it the hard way, it broke me in a million pieces to find out he loved & lusted for another woman while being married to me. Now I'm with my significant other and I have found what love truly means.
Aww thats sad! thats terrible for what he did to you! Its his loss cuz you are truly a great lady! Im glad that you found someone and its a wonderful true love for both of you! :ily:

my ex hubby did cheated on me while i was at home for a whole weekend, then he came home and my heart and guts told me that he already cheated on me... i already knew it!!! i never forgive him for that but i accpeted be his friend cuz of i dont wanna WAR divorce that why!!

Although your question here in this thread is about AFTER an affair, what would you do?
It would mean sooo much to me and for what I hold dearly in my heart is this: I wouldn't DARE consider having an affair, for the things that goes with it like; broken trust, ill-feelings, awkwardness, faith being shattered within the marriage and plenty more sticky feelings and emotions attached to an 'affair'...it's NEVER worth its moments...which spirals the conformity of the marriage relationship into the realm of chaos beyond repair...is it worth it? With an affirmative NO!!!!!!!!! My eyes and heartfelt love is faithfully locked upon ^Angel^...I wouldn't ever want to shatter her world by committing an affair! The thoughts I uphold for her is genuine and faithful...and will be until my last breath gives away....

So, therefore, I do NOT have an answer to the 'after', cuz there won't be any...but for those that have succumbed to having a partner being involved in an affair...it could be easily said 'how or what to do' when it is much harder to 'do it'...and that is to 'forgive' as the One above would do, and seek counseling through a viable and certified counselor or minister/priest....in my most heartfelt opinion.

Sorry, Angel... I do NOT have an answer
to this "AFTER" only because this
is something that I can NOT deal
with this... thats why I decide myself
NEVER to get married NEVER...
I simply do NOT know how to
"trust him" or "forgive him"
no matter what he said etc...
Even if he is a billionaire,
I still can NOT trust him enough
to marry him anyway....

Originally Posted by ^Angel^

coffeeeeman said:
You don't

That's right. You don't. I believe that the bitterness that results stays for a lifetime, and there will always be questions in that person's mind. Once someone cheats, it's virtually impossible to rebuild trust. I am not a big advocator of divorce, but this is one scenerio in which, it is better for the couple to just go their seperate ways. Especially, if children are involved.

trust?

^Angel^ said:

you don't trust your spouse again. if your spouse is willing to cheat on you once...that shows he isn't in the relationship one hundred percent...so maybe he will do it again...and if he cheats and finds you take him back...he may keep cheating knowing you'll take him back. my last girlfriend cheated on me and admitted it and i never took her back b/c i think it's like kids...if they do something wrong and aren't punished...they'll keep doing it knowing they get away with it. (make sense?)

Roadrunner said:
I wouldn't DARE consider having an affair, for the things that goes with it like; broken trust, ill-feelings, awkwardness, faith being shattered within the marriage and plenty more sticky feelings and emotions attached to an 'affair'...it's NEVER worth its moments...which spirals the conformity of the marriage/relationship into the realm of chaos beyond repair...is it worth it? NO!!!!!!!!!

I agree Roadrunner...cheating is NEVER worth anything. I could never cheat on my girlfriend. I love her too much to do that to her. Besides it shouldn't be done at all. The reason you do marry is because you want to spend the rest of your life with that person and be loyal to them so why mess that up? Personally I think cheating is just wrong and if someone cheats they can never be fully trusted again.

I'd not cheat on my girlfriend. If I didn't love her, I'd tell her right away and not commit adultery/have affair in any way.

I know plenty of people doing adultery/having affairs when they aren't legally divorced. :roll: I think is very wrong!

Cheating is not a nice word to me at all. Cuz my exh have cheated on me many times. I cant trust him at all. He claim that I can but I dont. That is why I divorced him. Now that he married again and want cheated on his wife with me. I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY and he knows how I feel about it. Forget it. Dealing with it is really hard and it not easy to get over it til you kick that bum out of your life.

Pomeranian said:
Cheating is not a nice word to me at all. Cuz my exh have cheated on me many times. I cant trust him at all. He claim that I can but I dont. That is why I divorced him. Now that he married again and want cheated on his wife with me. I say NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYY and he knows how I feel about it. Forget it. Dealing with it is really hard and it not easy to get over it til you kick that bum out of your life.
Smart girl! Pomeranian!. ;)

Back