Adoption or Biological Parents?

I don't like it. I feel bad for the parents that are trying to adopt her, but I feel worse for the biological father. There's plenty of other babies out there, they can adopt one that the biological parents don't want. What's wrong with them?? How selfish could you possibly be? They find out that the father didn't know she was going to be put up for adoption and he he wants her, how someone possibly think they have the right to keep that child? I don't care if they had her for 28 months, if she never saw them again after that she wouldn't even remember them when she got older. What they did to the father is just plain wrong.
The birth mother has wanted them to be the adoptive family since before the baby was born. They were present at the birth, and were the first parents that Veronica knew.

The birth father was never involved with the pregnancy or birth, or early months of Veronica's life. He had signed the paperwork to release his parental rights.

A child isn't a puppy that the parents see born and raised for over two years and then just give away and forget because there are "plenty of others" out there.

The parents didn't "do" anything to the birth father. He came into the picture two years later. Who's to say he wouldn't drop out again if things got rough?

The parents had always been open to visitation; they never intended to totally shut out the natural parents.

Who should have more say in what happens to Veronica? The birth mother or the birth father?

It's rather peculiar that people support the man over the woman in an adoption situation but in an abortion situation all the rights are given to the women over the men. :hmm:

This is also the kind of experience that makes more potential adoptive parents gun shy. They might think (and with good reason), "Suppose we adopt a precious child as our own, and then have to give it back years later?"

Something to think about.

Brown didn’t know about the pending adoption until four months later.

The delay in notification was blamed on a clerical error: Brown’s named was misspelled when Veronica’s mother first filed the papers. But attorneys for Brown alleged that the mistake was purposeful.

After he was served the documents, Brown promptly challenged the proceeding, then was deployed for a tour of duty in the Middle East.

Did you not read what you posted? It sounded like he's been fighting it for a lot longer than that. I didn't read anywhere where he signed away his parental rights. They should have given her back as soon as he found out. So what the mother wants, she def did sign away her parental rights, and like there's never been a vindictive woman before? She was already the mother and 2 and she's giving this one up for adoption? Didn't ask him about it? She sounds awesome, everybody should do what she wants.

I would think it would depend of the case , every case is difference and you would have to take everything inconsideration. There is really no cut and dry answer to this.

We had or have that problem in Canada and USA for many native children being taken away from their biological parents. Many tribes don't like having the Children Service workers taking the children to many white families to adopt them and deprived them not having their heritage intact.

The native children who were adopted had problems of their identity issues when there was lack of teaching of who they are as Native American. The children were also aware of wrongful adoption. They were hurt by this and would find ways to use drugs or alcohol to drown their pain and lonely selves. Some of the native children commit suicide into depression of their own identities.

That is why Chiefs and Councils need to find a way to stop adoptions so that the native children don't go into white families. If they can find native adopted family to give a native child a home and to be able to teach them the ways of the 7 grandfathers and other traditional ways, then everything will be all right with the child. :(

So, I watched the movie, "Like Dandelion Dust" last night. It kinda hit at home with me because of my situation with my daughter. Anyways, I wanted to know what are your thoughts about the moral of the movie...

If a mother gave up her child for adoption without the father knowing about the child, and the father learns about the child 7 years later and wants the child, do they have that right? The adoptive parents and the child have already formed a bond and in the movie, all three of them were faced with the possibility of that bond severed for life. They got to the point where they were about to kidnap their own legal child so he wont get taken away from them by his biological parents.

Should the adoptive parents have more rights than the biological parents in this case?
Laws are, if the biological parent didn't know about the adoption ( usually the other may not know that there was even a pregnancy or a child was born ) when they do find out, they have every right to get custody of the child as they never gave consent to the adoption and the mother usually never tells the guy she was pregnant to begin with...either it be a failed relationship or a one night stand. There is a lot of legal issues involved but it usually turns out the biological parent, if fit to raise the child, will usually win the case.

Laws are, if the biological parent didn't know about the adoption ( usually the other may not know that there was even a pregnancy or a child was born ) when they do find out, they have every right to get custody of the child as they never gave consent to the adoption and the mother usually never tells the guy she was pregnant to begin with...either it be a failed relationship or a one night stand. There is a lot of legal issues involved but it usually turns out the biological parent, if fit to raise the child, will usually win the case.

So it means the adopting parents should make sure BOTH parents have signed away their parental rights before adopting a child.

So it means the adopting parents should make sure BOTH parents have signed away their parental rights before adopting a child.
Yes, because if one doesn't consent to it, nor if the court deemed them unfit to raise/support the child, then they have every legal right to their child.

"...Before the birth, Maldonado gave Brown a choice between giving up his paternal rights or paying child support. Brown declined to give Maldonado money, but he later told attorneys that he didn’t mean to allow Veronica to be put up for adoption…."

I think it might depend on the state. The biological parent did not enter into a contract concerning the adoption so there was no forfeiture of legal rights. Moreover, contract itself might have been illegal for the biological mother in her state.

I think guy has the right to his child. He might even have to pay support depending on how twisted the laws.

The Oklahoma case is not the same as the original topic. In that case, at least, from the fathers side, he's been fighting the adoption after he realized what the papers he signed contained. In addition, in that case, it was an open adoption, or at least was before the guy skipped out.

I don't like it. I feel bad for the parents that are trying to adopt her, but I feel worse for the biological father. There's plenty of other babies out there, they can adopt one that the biological parents don't want. What's wrong with them?? How selfish could you possibly be? They find out that the father didn't know she was going to be put up for adoption and he he wants her, how someone possibly think they have the right to keep that child? I don't care if they had her for 28 months, if she never saw them again after that she wouldn't even remember them when she got older. What they did to the father is just plain wrong.

I agree with you.

We had or have that problem in Canada and USA for many native children being taken away from their biological parents. Many tribes don't like having the Children Service workers taking the children to many white families to adopt them and deprived them not having their heritage intact.

The native children who were adopted had problems of their identity issues when there was lack of teaching of who they are as Native American. The children were also aware of wrongful adoption. They were hurt by this and would find ways to use drugs or alcohol to drown their pain and lonely selves. Some of the native children commit suicide into depression of their own identities.

That is why Chiefs and Councils need to find a way to stop adoptions so that the native children don't go into white families. If they can find native adopted family to give a native child a home and to be able to teach them the ways of the 7 grandfathers and other traditional ways, then everything will be all right with the child. :(

Yes, I'm very pro-Native American because of my heritage and Brown has my sympathy. :(

It means I'm usually side with Native Indian families and not happy about government mistreatment of Native American for many years. The land of the US was belong to Natives, prior to colonization. :mad:

I agree with you.

Yes, I'm very pro-Native American because of my heritage and Brown has my sympathy. :(

It means I'm usually side with Native Indian families and not happy about government mistreatment of Native American for many years. The land of the US was belong to Natives, prior to colonization. :mad:
What does that have to do with a man illegally keeping a child hidden from her parents?

What does colonization of Native lands have to do with Brown hiding Veronica from her adoptive parents?

I'm sharing my frustration with Bebonang about government mistreatment of Native Indian for many years.

I don't blame on Brown for his action. :(

I am on the side with Veronica's father. Unless both of her biological parents do not want her, then she can be with her adoptive parents.

Her biological father wants her back so badly, so adoptive parents can find other child whoever does not want. Leave them alone and move on. :roll:

FYI, I am a white Deaf person.

Back