Admins please delete my posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are all so incredibly fascinated with this topic and want to waste your own time discussing it I will enlighten you with WHY I want my posts deleted.

1 I have posted information and photographs of myself and friends across many websites and forums which as I've gotten older I realize I never had the consent of any of these people to posts these things.

2 I do not like the large footprint that I've left and though google caches everything I would like to remove the immediate trace of it all.

3 I really don't care at all that I've drawn attention to myself in making this post, it's a simple request and the fact that you've all spent so much time discussing it and having a good laugh is really quite comical to me, it reminds me of the 4th reason why I am asking to have my posts removed (I'll leave it up to your imagination).

It is not difficult to delete a member's posts/threads as all of you "non-administrators" have taken the time to say, I've run a few forums in the past and it is very easy.

Since you are all so incredibly fascinated with this topic and want to waste your own time discussing it I will enlighten you with WHY I want my posts deleted.

1 I have posted information and photographs of myself and friends across many websites and forums which as I've gotten older I realize I never had the consent of any of these people to posts these things.

2 I do not like the large footprint that I've left and though google caches everything I would like to remove the immediate trace of it all.

3 I really don't care at all that I've drawn attention to myself in making this post, it's a simple request and the fact that you've all spent so much time discussing it and having a good laugh is really quite comical to me, it reminds me of the 4th reason why I am asking to have my posts removed (I'll leave it up to your imagination).

It is not difficult to delete a member's posts/threads as all of you "non-administrators" have taken the time to say, I've run a few forums in the past and it is very easy.

Sounds reasonable. I agree with you.

I can understand removing identifiable photographs and names.

Is there a way users can remove photos from the files themselves?

I'm guessing that forum owner will let you remove pictures of you and your friends that were posted. I have regretted few of my posts. I'm sure that forum members can vouch for that. However, that will open a can of worm. If you got your threads to disappear, then there will be a wave of members that want their threads gone.

If you posted photographs of yourself and friends, I assume they came from an account you have access to. All you have to do is change the properties on the account (such as file names, etc.) and that would render those image links as unviewable. I suspect you knew that, though.

Really .... All you had to do was contact the Admin or a Mod to take care of your request, but instead you took the time to create a thread? (You know what that would do, as you have so much experience "running a few forums in the past." You just wanted the attention.) :lol:

If you've run forums before I'm surprised you didn't PM the admin directly.

Why should the continuity of those threads be altered because you have regrets? Did you not realize this when you posted? I have written things that I regret, especially since I became a Christian a couple of years ago. No plans to pretend those things were not written. It WAS me.

If you posted pictures here, you would be advised to use a "proxy photo holder" such as Tinypic or Photobucket. Once you delete them there, they disappear from everywhere.

Maybe I will seek out your old posts and bump them, just for fun. :wave:

Really .... All you had to do was contact the Admin or a Mod to take care of your request, but instead you took the time to create a thread? (You know what that would do, as you have so much experience "running a few forums in the past." You just wanted the attention.) :lol:
Like I said, maybe we should look around and bump "rabbit" threads.

Checked his profile and statistics....some of his threads were really good! so were his responses....

i have come on computer after few stiff drinks and posted,i could cringe.lesson learnt never go on forum after a drink...posting what she just has will make people read so maybe that what she wants.

i have come on computer after few stiff drinks and posted,i could cringe.lesson learnt never go on forum after a drink....
Good advice! :lol:

i have come on computer after few stiff drinks and posted,i could cringe.lesson learnt never go on forum after a drink...posting what she just has will make people read so maybe that what she wants.

Yeah...and so have a few others...We still love ya, Caz! :giggle:

A reminder that we should think twice, submit once. :)

Again, I believe that a thread like this only draws attention to ancient posts that might otherwise be ignored.

I was thinking this too. Why would someone post a comment 7 years later asking for their comments to be deleted. I did not know we had a member
called rabbit until today. I seem like this person want attention.

Weird All Deaf dont have carrots here.

Now we do. :)

carrot_cat_smile1.jpg

I was not sure which admin to PM, I have done this in the past with no response.

The photos were hosted on a server of somebody who I've LONG lost any form of contact information for.

I am doing this 7 years later because I was just a kid when I posted them and as an adult I now realize the importance of not having your whole life out there on the internet.

The "continuity" of the threads that have not been accessed or known about (as admitted by just about every person here) shouldn't make much of a difference.

For all you know, I am trolling you and bumping my threads was exactly what my end goal is. Wouldn't that be something?

I was not sure which admin to PM, I have done this in the past with no response.

The photos were hosted on a server of somebody who I've LONG lost any form of contact information for.

I am doing this 7 years later because I was just a kid when I posted them and as an adult I now realize the importance of not having your whole life out there on the internet.

The "continuity" of the threads that have not been accessed or known about (as admitted by just about every person here) shouldn't make much of a difference.

For all you know, I am trolling you and bumping my threads was exactly what my end goal is. Wouldn't that be something?

Yea, I can understand. When the Internet forums like this and FB first became popular a lot of people posted stuff that they regret especially pics. I know I do but u know what, that's life. I am sure all of us at some point posted stuff we wish we could take back.

Good luck!

Checked his profile and statistics....some of his threads were really good! so were his responses....

I see a picture of Rabbit. Doesn't look like a child / kid to me.

Something tells me you're not that bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back