about linking in html

rimjhim

Reaction score
Can we remove the line comes under the word when it is linked...i mean if i want to link a word without an underline...is that possible??

Yes, you can achieve that if you put the following HTML code in the <head> part of the document:

PHP:
<style> 
  <!-- 
   a:link { color: #000000; text-decoration: none; } 
   a:hover { color: #000000; text-decoration: none;} 
   a:visited { color: #000000; text-decoration: none; } 
  --> 
</style>
Just play around with the colors. In case you want to use underline, change "none" to "underline"

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot...i think this is going to work...but can't we do this using HTML code?

rimjhim said:
Thanks a lot...i think this is going to work...but can't we do this using HTML code?

What software do you have? Dreamweaver MX 2004?

webexplorer

rimjhim said:

What Alex just posted was partly of HTML code. Using CSS code is not a problem. The code he posted works.

rimjhim said:
Yes Ii have Dreamweaver Mx...

(1) Click "Modify" from menu bar (top)

(2) Select "Page Properties"

(2) Select "Links"

Then, you will know what to do. Is this what you are looking for?

webexplorer

No i am not looking for this...
I am looking for...exactly what Alex posted but wanted to do it directly from Dreamweaver.

Thanks a lot...

That is not PHP? I think this one is CSS. i dunno. i did play with PHP long time ago. i think i forget. ahahah.

starrygaze said:
That is not PHP? I think this one is CSS. i dunno. i did play with PHP long time ago. i think i forget. ahahah.

:giggle: Maybe, we are getting old.

I don't know why he wants another way. I think that my advise is good and simple. That's what I read it in the book last spring. I assume that he rather use hand codes. It is not a big deal as I hope that he knows the right thing otherwise he would have a nightmare to get 'stuck in the mud' and start it all over. He needed some help of how to setup colors on his cell-tables. I believe that it has to do with the CSS. I wrote my note about it, and I left it in the storage somewhere. It is very important that we should not create too much fancy on a website. Maybe, you might want to look these links about blogs: http://www.frontblog.dk and http://www.mikematas.com . (These are not mine.)

Yes this is css which is also known as Style Sheet codes as well. You can use css codes in html but it has to be in head tag before the body tag to get it work.

However the more you learn on css the better you understand and maybe one day you can make css file and link it to html use class id in table or div tag.

webexplorer said:
:giggle: Maybe, we are getting old.

I don't know why he wants another way. I think that my advise is good and simple. That's what I read it in the book last spring. I assume that he rather use hand codes. It is not a big deal as I hope that he knows the right thing otherwise he would have a nightmare to get 'stuck in the mud' and start it all over. He needed some help of how to setup colors on his cell-tables. I believe that it has to do with the CSS. I wrote my note about it, and I left it in the storage somewhere. It is very important that we should not create too much fancy on a website. Maybe, you might want to look these links about blogs: http://www.frontblog.dk and http://www.mikematas.com . (These are not mine.)

funny. there are arugment which is better. hard to choose which is. I learned from developers saying that PHP is good. I guess so. CSS is you can build beauty of things in your own webpage. PHP is a tool like you can write codes of Stone, Paper, and Sissor. Combine of both is good ideal. Am I wrong?

inVert said:
Did anyone missed my post? I clearly said it was some CSS code :P

What do you have in your mind? What would you suggest us to do on CSS? I thought that my suggestion is the same concept. Do you have Dreamweaver MX 2004?

While it's good to remove underlines for links, it is not always a good idea to change other styles like bold, italics, strike-through, size, etc... because it can make clicking difficult. For HOVER, it's best to change only the color. Changing other styles will make the rollover function act weird. Sometimes, the letter placement will move when you roll the cursor over the text.

Thanks a lot all...

Thanks a lot to all of you for your valued suggestion and help...i cud solve the problem of linking long back...but today i checked the forum and found the ppl are still having discussion on this topic...

thanks once again...

Rimjhim...

Back