A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one....what do you mean?

He's trying to get a 2nd job to work in conjunction with his full time job. WalMart wants to have a contract with the ice cream company he works for. They want him to handle the warehouse freezer for the shipping & receiving.

First we had to apply at Cheney Brother, Inc. in Ocala for this position with WalMart (that would have been a 3-way contract), then they decided not to go that route. Then they wanted him to apply with our local store, but they didn't have enough space, so they had him apply to the Distribution Center in Ft. Pierce, FL (1 hour from where we live). He was going to work there for three 12 hours days and then at the ice cream plant for four 10 hour days. Now, today, WalMart decided, that they didn't want him to have to drive that far and stay in a motel just for 3 months of training. Now, he is to apply (we did today) at a different local store that just expanded to a SuperCenter. He will work there until they have the section ready for him at the distribution Center in Winter Haven, FL. (that's 4 hours from us, but it would involve a move and bunches more money in pay). I just wish they would make up their minds where he's to go.

He's trying to get a 2nd job to work in conjunction with his full time job. WalMart wants to have a contract with the ice cream company he works for. They want him to handle the warehouse freezer for the shipping & receiving.

First we had to apply at Cheney Brother, Inc. in Ocala for this position with WalMart (that would have been a 3-way contract), then they decided not to go that route. Then they wanted him to apply with our local store, but they didn't have enough space, so they had him apply to the Distribution Center in Ft. Pierce, FL (1 hour from where we live). He was going to work there for three 12 hours days and then at the ice cream plant for four 10 hour days. Now, today, WalMart decided, that they didn't want him to have to drive that far and stay in a motel just for 3 months of training. Now, he is to apply (we did today) at a different local store that just expanded to a SuperCenter. He will work there until they have the section ready for him at the distribution Center in Winter Haven, FL. (that's 4 hours from us, but it would involve a move and bunches more money in pay). I just wish they would make up their minds where he's to go.

I hate to say it, but this is typical behavior of Walmart. They will give you the run around, and end the end, they decide you are not needed anyway and your left in an awkward position financially. I personally would not work for Walmart Stores again unless there were no other available options.

What kind of dog?

correction. I was dog-walking, not dog-sitting.

he's half-pitbull, half-labrador. my best friend's on vacation with family to DR. His grandma and house maid are home but they're not physically-able to handle him. He's a very very very strong dog. 60 lbs, I believe. He can literally pull a man. But I didn't have a problem with him. He's easy on the leash... at least with just me and my best friend. But for other people (usually with passive personality) - it's pretty rough.

That's how his brother lost him while walking. We were at shooting competition. His brother frantically called him on cellphone and then he called the cop. A moment later - the dog was just roaming around at parking lot and the neighbor got ahold of him. good thing that the dog was wearing a collar with contact info.

correction. I was dog-walking, not dog-sitting.

he's half-pitbull, half-labrador. my best friend's on vacation with family to DR. His grandma and house maid are home but they're not physically-able to handle him. He's a very very very strong dog. 60 lbs, I believe. He can literally pull a man. But I didn't have a problem with him. He's easy on the leash... at least with just me and my best friend. But for other people (usually with passive personality) - it's pretty rough.

That's how his brother lost him while walking. We were at shooting competition. His brother frantically called him on cellphone and then he called the cop. A moment later - the dog was just roaming around at parking lot and the neighbor got ahold of him. good thing that the dog was wearing a collar with contact info.

wow i d love to see the picture of half pitbull and half labrador please!! Bet his face looks adorable if i am not mistaken. Is he a handful? :lol:

wow i d love to see the picture of half pitbull and half labrador please!! Bet his face looks adorable if i am not mistaken. Is he a handful? :lol:

5780_641281280012_105046_37504670_1914132_n.jpg

there's a really good photo of me and the dog but it'll have to wait till he comes back from vacation.

5780_641281280012_105046_37504670_1914132_n.jpg

there's a really good photo of me and the dog but it'll have to wait till he comes back from vacation.

He's so cute!!! he does not look like a pitbull. I can't wait to see the other picture of you and him. :D

Wirelessly posted

Jiro, how cool you are dog sitting and having fun with him/her. I saw the pic, nice looking dog. My Lucky dog was a yellow lab (100 lbs) he pulled me and I fell lol I had to get used to him. I hope you are having a blast time with the dog. I bet all chicks approach you heehee

Wirelessly posted

Jiro, how cool you are dog sitting and having fun with him/her. I saw the pic, nice looking dog. My Lucky dog was a yellow lab (100 lbs) he pulled me and I fell lol I had to get used to him. I hope you are having a blast time with the dog. I bet all chicks approach you heehee

lol ouch hope you didn't pop the socket! :lol:

Actually - I was dog-walking, not dog-sitting. just a tip for you - nobody should ever get used to getting pushed around by their own dog. ever. it's just like parents getting ordered around by their own children.

You already know that dogs like yellow lab are very very active and demanding. This dog Max (the pix above) was like that. My friend wanted to adopt a dog so I took him to local shelter... screened several dogs... and then decided on Max.

Max was a very hyper-active and pushy one. He was dragging my friend all over :lol: I told him that it's because he did not recognize you as alpha male so the best way to establish bond quickly is to take Max for a long good hard hiking/camping over weekend. So he did and it got better and he continued to go on long hiking for a few more weeks. After a couple months - it was a significant improvement. Max follows him alongside and he's mellow. :applause: to him!

Why must the humidity make it feel like 101 when it's really 92 :( We don't need that extra heat. Come on thunderstorms (supposed to get them tomorrow)

Why must the humidity make it feel like 101 when it's really 92 :( We don't need that extra heat. Come on thunderstorms (supposed to get them tomorrow)

We need thunderstorms badly here too!

Got this in an email - I might be putting it into the wrong place, but I thought most people would enjoy it. Sorry it's not captioned.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtdIO23MKM]YouTube - Gene Simmons Military Tribute[/ame]

Wirelessly posted

No, I didn't get injured when that happened. Lucky was very hyper and lovable. I need to be more firm at gripping him with the leash. He loved to go for walks, rides and shopping (Petsmart & Petco).

That's very nice of you take your friend's dog out for a walk, I am sure he loves it lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back