A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I think if a white man says he have a firearm in the trunk, a police would search it as well (but the search would still be illegal). In fact, most people (of any race) are afraid to tell the police they have a gun in the trunk.

btw, isn't it the law that you must keep firearm out in the open if you are in a car? I thought that's the reason why some hunters have a gunrack on their truck.

1. if you are carrying or transporting a firearm, you are required by law to notify the officer about this and you must show proper document/permit. Failure to do this will result in arrest, fines, criminal charge, and a permanent loss of firearm license.

2. some states (very few) do not require you to notify the officer but it's obviously very good idea to notify them in order to avoid any confusion. The last thing you want is to get shot by officer over misunderstanding. Ie. the officer asked you for documents and then you reached into your pocket or glove compartment... the officer sees the gun.. and yea shit will hit fan.

3. it depends on the state law regarding transporting firearm. You are required to store UNLOADED firearm in the trunk.

4. the reason why hunters have gun rack in their truck is because it's legal to do that in that state. It's usually called Open Carry - visibly carrying firearm in plain public view. Alaska and Vermont do this. I don't know about other states.

What makes you think it was because he was black? Could have been because there was a firearm in the vehicle.

because it's very obvious. We know people who are Maryland Police Chief, former MD legislator, MD lawyer, etc. It's the corrupted environment in Maryland where the cops blatantly violated the laws in gun-related cases. They are well-aware about this situation and it's nothing new. In the past, handful of cases were filed against police but 99.9% were dismissed because the police had a "valid probable cause". :roll:

Maryland is not a gun-friendly state. They advised him to file the formal complaint against them. They did tell him that he's free to file a lawsuit against them but they told him that the success rate is basically nil.

He notified the officers... showed proper documents including military ID... it was all checked out... but the officer said that he wanted to search his vehicle. He respectfully refused the consent to search the vehicle since there was no probable cause. The officer threatened him with an arrest and that he has a probable cause to search the vehicle. What probable cause? that he told the officer that he has firearms in the vehicle. :roll:

He had 3 guns - 2 pistols and 1 shotgun in the trunk. securely locked. He was on the way home from Fort Lee (army firing range) in Virginia.

how dare that officer treated this decorated ex-Rangers like this :mad2:

because it's very obvious. We know people who are Maryland Police Chief, former MD legislator, MD lawyer, etc. It's the corrupted environment in Maryland where the cops blatantly violated the laws in gun-related cases. They are well-aware about this situation and it's nothing new. In the past, handful of cases were filed against police but 99.9% were dismissed because the police had a "valid probable cause". :roll:

Maryland is not a gun-friendly state. They advised him to file the formal complaint against them. They did tell him that he's free to file a lawsuit against them but they told him that the success rate is basically nil.

He notified the officers... showed proper documents including military ID... it was all checked out... but the officer said that he wanted to search his vehicle. He respectfully refused the consent to search the vehicle since there was no probable cause. The officer threatened him with an arrest and that he has a probable cause to search the vehicle. What probable cause? that he told the officer that he has firearms in the vehicle. :roll:

He had 3 guns - 2 pistols and 1 shotgun in the trunk. securely locked. He was on the way home from Fort Lee (army firing range) in Virginia.

how dare that officer treated this decorated ex-Rangers like this :mad2:

I agree. What message are they trying to send? "It doesn't matter if you cooperate or not.......we are going to mess with you" :crazy:

I agree. What message are they trying to send? "It doesn't matter if you cooperate or not.......we are going to mess with you" :crazy:

even worse... on legislative & judiciary level - it's "encouraged". some higher-ranking politicians and judges are on same page about this issue. that's how police can get away with this :roll:

even worse... on legislative & judiciary level - it's "encouraged". some higher-ranking politicians and judges are on same page about this issue. that's how police can get away with this :roll:

My city is messed up too. Having a major problems with "city business" conflicting with "private business". I am organizing a protest.

My city is messed up too. Having a major problems with "city business" conflicting with "private business". I am organizing a protest.

FIGHT THE POWER :mad2:

Would you have a problem generating a separate thread on this so we can follow along or is that too sticky?

Good Bye New York! :wave:

Off to NJ! :cool2:

how many inches?

About two so far just guessing when I stepped into it on the back deck while taking my dogs out.

I don't think it is supposed to be severe this time, but have slick roads tonight, so I worry about my husband driving back from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back