A Techie Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Jiro - I admit that I shouldn't say the word "Never" on my post. I see your point.

I was saying that Google really makes its own decision which charities that it would give to.

GoodSearch let you to choose which charities you would like the company to give the money to. You will see on the GoodSearch's front website that says, "Who Do You GoodSearch For? enter your charity here ..."

Interesting on the links that you gave me.

Google couple ponies up to help save Deer Hollow farm:
On paragraph 5, "Participants in the various wilderness camps learn about where their food comes from, the proper care of animals, and the interdependence of all life, Gale says." Let's say that they probably teach people to hunt variety of animals. I think that the Google should not donate it to the Deer Hollow farm. It's because it is not the right kind of charity.

I probably would think that the Google only focus on big names that it can donate to. If you want to have a charity business, some people will give you their money. The Google would not do it for you because you are at bottom line of the charities. I do not care about other countries because there are too many scams out there. We all know that Haiti needs the money, but some of the money were missing. The contractors and subcontractors probably stole them in the first place, and it is impossible for anyone to trace where the money went. The scammers are too smart for that. I would prefer that we need to help each other in our country first so that it can grow and better for us in order to help other countries. You know Jimmy Fund is the biggest corrupt of all in the history. They still donate to Jimmy's fund with a poor research. In general, Jimmy keeps 80 percents of money in his pocket and donates 20 percents to the needy people for several years.

Is there a way for us or anyone to add the engine searches on our Safari?

Jiro - I admit that I shouldn't say the word "Never" on my post. I see your point.

I was saying that Google really makes its own decision which charities that it would give to.

GoodSearch let you to choose which charities you would like the company to give the money to. You will see on the GoodSearch's front website that says, "Who Do You GoodSearch For? enter your charity here ..."

On paragraph 5, "Participants in the various wilderness camps learn about where their food comes from, the proper care of animals, and the interdependence of all life, Gale says." Let's say that they probably teach people to hunt variety of animals. I think that the Google should not donate it to the Deer Hollow farm. It's because it is not the right kind of charity.

I probably would think that the Google only focus on big names that it can donate to. If you want to have a charity business, some people will give you their money. The Google would not do it for you because you are at bottom line of the charities. I do not care about other countries because there are too many scams out there. We all know that Haiti needs the money, but some of the money were missing. The contractors and subcontractors probably stole them in the first place, and it is impossible for anyone to trace where the money went. The scammers are too smart for that. I would prefer that we need to help each other in our country first so that it can grow and better for us in order to help other countries. You know Jimmy Fund is the biggest corrupt of all in the history. They still donate to Jimmy's fund with a poor research. In general, Jimmy keeps 80 percents of money in his pocket and donates 20 percents to the needy people for several years.

Again, you prove your incompetence. I said that I am with a non profit organization that is very very small - they donated a LIFE TIME unlimited use of ad-words. Even at small levels they do help out.

why should Google donate money to everybody? Do you expect Google to donate to whoever you want? It's their money.

I don't know who Jimmy Fund is but this has nothing to do with Google. Google has already contributed quite enough to the world and is still contributing. It made a ripple effect which was mostly beneficial for us all.

why should Google donate money to everybody? Do you expect Google to donate to whoever you want? It's their money.

I don't know who Jimmy Fund is but this has nothing to do with Google. Google has already contributed quite enough to the world and is still contributing. It made a ripple effect which was mostly beneficial for us all.

I agreed with you about the ripple effect - it's true. I wish that I have time to explain about it because I am totally off the subject here and I am out driving to my sister's farm for a week. She doesn't have the internet at her house. The cable company refused to install the cable on her farm - too far. What a bummer.

Google and Jimmy Fund are not related. Jerry Lewis started Jimmy Fund years ago, and he has another one which called MDA for the telethon... "Muscular Dystrophy Association." He got more dirty money. Google is not dirty money, but it still has incredibly enormous of money that "little people," like us, could ask for the money but it is totally impossible for Google is willing for them. It is not about expecting Google to do it. It is just like drain our money in the system and most of them go to China and big companies as Google as well.

I agreed with you about the ripple effect - it's true. I wish that I have time to explain about it because I am totally off the subject here and I am out driving to my sister's farm for a week. She doesn't have the internet at her house. The cable company refused to install the cable on her farm - too far. What a bummer.

Google and Jimmy Fund are not related. Jerry Lewis started Jimmy Fund years ago, and he has another one which called MDA for the telethon... "Muscular Dystrophy Association." He got more dirty money. Google is not dirty money, but it still has incredibly enormous of money that "little people," like us, could ask for the money but it is totally impossible for Google is willing for them. It is not about expecting Google to do it. It is just like drain our money in the system and most of them go to China and big companies as Google as well.

Yes Google has big money. You know what they did with it? They bought dozens of little companies and make them rich which they can use it to move on and build more cool stuff. The best part? it's free for us all to use it!

and Google donated a big buck to companies like Wikipedia to help it alive.

and Google fought for Chinese people to stay censor-free from Chinese government but later was forced to close up Google HQ in China because it's too risky. Nobody wants to see their Chinese Google supporters in prison/torture camp.

and Google continues to criticize Microsoft, Apple or whoever - "Don't be evil" for making their software proprietary and restrictive.

and Google is spending hundreds of millions of dollars to build servers all over USA to create free WiFi and possibly cellphone service. Major cellphone corporations (Sprint, Verizon, ATT, etc.) are attempting to block them from creating free service. In fact, they're lobbying at Congress to make free WiFi illegal. Google finally learned the power of corporate lobbying so they hired their own lobbying firm to prevent any restrictive laws like pushing for Net Neutrality bill.

so let me ask you this - how much have you paid for any of Google service?

What in the hell? Are you even reading what I said? our non profit organization which has only $5,500 to our name, and only 4 active people on the board.... ASKED for some help from google, and we got a few cool things from them, including free visa/mastercard processing and free adwords for life..

And you're saying that its "totally impossible." I tell you this: Open your eyes. I don't care how, if you gotta use toothpicks, do it.

Update!!

Am ordering a recovery CD for my netbook. Will have it soon and can then get my netbook up and running again.

just finished installing and updating ubuntu in my laptop. didn't feel like paying for Windows 7 cuz few days ago - the trial version expired.

let's see if I can soup it up to Web-Dev environment to my liking......

just finished installing and updating ubuntu in my laptop. didn't feel like paying for Windows 7 cuz few days ago - the trial version expired.

let's see if I can soup it up to Web-Dev environment to my liking......

I can't afford the u[grade to Windows 7. Stuck with Vista on my desktop and XP Home on the netbook.

Thanks Jiro - I will check it out. Can I use the key for more than 1 computer? And, can I upgrade XP Home directly to Win 7?

One key for more than one computer is not allow due M$'s policy. There is no upgrade from XP to Windows 7. You need get full version for netbook.

But there is $35 for full version that will be work fine for netbook. You need to backup all your files then full install.

Thanks Jiro - I will check it out. Can I use the key for more than 1 computer? And, can I upgrade XP Home directly to Win 7?

1 key per 1 computer

no upgrade. just do a fresh clean install.

Back