A positive thread about absolutely nothing

That look more like a fish than a chipmunk . :giggle:

Large Mouth Bass ;)

Georgia State Record for Large Mouth Bass has been a world record since 1935 (no one has beaten it).

The one I kept (I released a lot) I have already gutted and fileted and I am soaking it overnight in salt water.

Tomorrow I'm going to send in a couple of my photographs to a couple of people, and see what happens. One person says it's highly recommended I try this avenue.

Large Mouth Bass ;)

Georgia State Record for Large Mouth Bass has been a world record since 1935 (no one has beaten it).

The one I kept (I released a lot) I have already gutted and fileted and I am soaking it overnight in salt water.

My dad was cleaning some fish on the dock and would leave it there while he cleaned the next one when he turned around there was no fish. A Seagull had flown down and eaten the whole fish. :giggle:

Someone said something inspiring and encouraging to me yesterday

The administration team cooked us a hearty breakfast and dismissed us 2 hours early yesterday. That was an AWESOME way to end the week!

Large Mouth Bass ;)

I looked it up and was amazed to see the world record for this fish is a mere one ounce heavier than the one in Georgia!

Large Mouth Bass ;)

Do you like pickled herring , I do, we had it growing in , my dad was a huge fish eater. He had 3 or 4 kinds of fish for his Sunday breastfast .

Do you like pickled herring , I do, we had it growing in , my dad was a huge fish eater. He had 3 or 4 kinds of fish for his Sunday breastfast .

I may have had it, I don't really know. I do, however, eat sardines straight from the can. I like the ones soaked in lemon sauce the best though. I will also eat salmon with crackers and cream cheese.

I grew up on the Gulf Side of Florida, mere minutes from the coast. where I grew up, it was not exactly "developed' - we still had dirt roads, except they were actually crushed sea shells (Florida's version of "gravel"). You might have seen trees with Spanish moss? we had them everywhere. Anyways, my best friend when I was a kid, was the son of a professional fisher - actually, he owned 4 shrimp boats and was the provider to various seafood restaurants. I spent my summers on those boats with him, his dad and his crew and we fished every day. I also fished with my grandpa, my dad, my uncles and my brother. I was raised on seafood. Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Red Snapper, Grouper, Tarpon, etc. etc. etc. When I was 7 years old, my family doctor asked my mom "Does this kid eat steak every single day? His iron count is off the charts!!!" So I was healthy as a horse.

When we were not fishing in the Gulf, we were fishing in rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, creeks etc. We had a little row boat, and yes, had to dodge alligators, water moccasins, and anything else that slithered, crawled, stung, bit, or was otherwise "dangerous'.

It was a great place to be a little boy.

Just to give you an idea .... these are pictures of my Uncle (he still lives in Florida near where I grew up). I would post pictures of my grandpa, but my dad has those pictures. He also has the pictures of me, my brother, and himself when I was a kid - I need to ask him for some copies. Anyways ... my Uncle was a saddle bronc rider and a member of the PRCA (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association) and competed professionally for many years. He was also Rodeo Clown and a Bullrider when he was much younger (he was in the USAF then). Here he is in his younger days :

Here he is much more recently:

and these are not even a fraction of the photos of all the fish he caught ..

I spent Sat night giving myself a manicure and pedicure and some waxing done:)

I am expanding my bicycle riding routes. :P That should mean I find new stuff I haven't yet photographed (And I already have :D), and will upload them hopefully soon. There's a lot of cool stuff up there.

I may have had it, I don't really know. I do, however, eat sardines straight from the can. I like the ones soaked in lemon sauce the best though. I will also eat salmon with crackers and cream cheese.

I grew up on the Gulf Side of Florida, mere minutes from the coast. where I grew up, it was not exactly "developed' - we still had dirt roads, except they were actually crushed sea shells (Florida's version of "gravel"). You might have seen trees with Spanish moss? we had them everywhere. Anyways, my best friend when I was a kid, was the son of a professional fisher - actually, he owned 4 shrimp boats and was the provider to various seafood restaurants. I spent my summers on those boats with him, his dad and his crew and we fished every day. I also fished with my grandpa, my dad, my uncles and my brother. I was raised on seafood. Crab, Lobster, Shrimp, Red Snapper, Grouper, Tarpon, etc. etc. etc. When I was 7 years old, my family doctor asked my mom "Does this kid eat steak every single day? His iron count is off the charts!!!" So I was healthy as a horse.

When we were not fishing in the Gulf, we were fishing in rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, creeks etc. We had a little row boat, and yes, had to dodge alligators, water moccasins, and anything else that slithered, crawled, stung, bit, or was otherwise "dangerous'.

It was a great place to be a little boy.

MicroShip.jpg

My dad had a yacht that looked something like this in Lynn harbor and I would go out fishing with my dad ex brother and older sister. I got seasick the first time but I was better after that. I went laid on one of the beds. I think it was bunk beds . It was a beautiful small yacht that my dad was very proud of. My dad's yacht was new when he brought it.

Love all the Halloween decor I'm seeing in the neighborhood this year. The spooky spirit is really out this year! :)

Today I made it as far as Kenilworth, IL. :P Next will be either Skokie or Glencoe on my bicycle. :D

I hate pickled herring. But one of my best childhood memories was going to the kosher deli on Sunday morning with my dad for lox and bagels. :)

I hate pickled herring. But one of my best childhood memories was going to the kosher deli on Sunday morning with my dad for lox and bagels. :)

We had a Kosher deli within walking distance from our house so I would walk there with my mom on Sunday sometime. We could smell the ocean , it was about the ten minutes walk from the store. Dad would sleep late on Sunday and then take his steam bath in the basement or shower . He had a steam bath installed in the basement but it was only for him to use. :(

^ boneless and skinless filets - got done about a half hour ago. I am going to soak them in heavily salted water overnight

Back