A Plea to the Hearing Parents

After 14 posts, not one single hearing parent has posted in here ...

it leads me to think they're paid to bicker with us :lol:

Maybe they never eat dinner, read books, do anything they could tell about....

Those are my favorite threads to know people by.

Maybe they never eat dinner, read books, do anything they could tell about....

Those are my favorite threads to know people by.

if they have nothing to share about... then my Thread About Absolutely Nothing should be suitable for them! :lol:

Interesting that it took less than one hour and twenty minutes for a remark about how it's interesting no hearing parents have posted...

Given that there are really only a handful of us, the odds are not in favor of one of us seeing this thread and posting right away.

I understand where your coming from, and I largely agree with you.

The challenge is that when those hearing parents post in other threads, you'll have others come in and turn it into a negative or trying to incite an angry response. This has happened to me personally multiple times.

Yes, it would be great if we could find a place to be "light" about things. Sometimes people don't have any interest in seeing others for who they are. More for what they want to see, or concluded based on one single detail. If some could take the blinders off, and really be open to what we are all saying, things would be less contentious. Sometimes people are so blinded by their hate they refuse to see what's standing in front of them.

:wave: I've spent time in several of the different sections ... I think I've been pretty open about non-CI topics--I really like the deaf Ed section and general chat. But ... I sort of treat public forums a bit like my family home at Thanksgiving: some topics I avoid, like sex, religion, and politics, those I save for smaller, more intimate environments.:)

When sharing, though, I tend to share more about my daughter, she's the one i figure people would be more interested in -- she's what links us. But mst of what she experiences fits more in the culture, parenting and education and CI sections than elsewhere. But i do read most of the other sections, because,well, peopleare just so interesting. I often catch up n AD while commuting, walking, or waiting ... outside t little one's Kung Fu practice is a fun time for me to read and i can switch to iPad, where it's easier to respond than when on iphone.

But, I find that I'm less comfortable chatting in other areas when things are really tense or combative in the CI threads. Think about it, if you are involved in a heated argument with a group of people, do you shift easily to opening up about something personal with someone who just called you something offensive, or made you feel unwelcome or suggested you are harming your child? When things are warm and fuzzy, the other sections feel more welcoming.

After 14 posts, not one single hearing parent has posted in here ...

Well, it was a Saturday night ;) . Maybe all (well, what is it, 6?) of us parents were out partying. Or um, sone of us might have fallen asleep when putting the little one to bed (hypothetically-speaking, I would NEVER do that :laugh2: -- must have been out dancing ).

:wave: I've spent time in several of the different sections ... I think I've been pretty open about non-CI topics--I really like the deaf Ed section and general chat. But ... I sort of treat public forums a bit like my family home at Thanksgiving: some topics I avoid, like sex, religion, and politics, those I save for smaller, more intimate environments.:)

When sharing, though, I tend to share more about my daughter, she's the one i figure people would be more interested in -- she's what links us. But mst of what she experiences fits more in the culture, parenting and education and CI sections than elsewhere. But i do read most of the other sections, because,well, peopleare just so interesting. I often catch up n AD while commuting, walking, or waiting ... outside t little one's Kung Fu practice is a fun time for me to read and i can switch to iPad, where it's easier to respond than when on iphone.

But, I find that I'm less comfortable chatting in other areas when things are really tense or combative in the CI threads. Think about it, if you are involved in a heated argument with a group of people, do you shift easily to opening up about something personal with someone who just called you something offensive, or made you feel unwelcome or suggested you are harming your child? When things are warm and fuzzy, the other sections feel more welcoming.

that's why you should participate more in non-CI threads because you know we deaf people are blunt and we speak our minds since these issues touch us deeply. but we know how to keep it separate in fun threads :)

but to hearing people... they view it as pretentious and phony so..... :)

but hey - it's your prerogative to keep engaging in hostile CI threads or you can just choose to mingle with us that will most likely change your view on certain issue. one thing for sure is that you have to try to have a thick skin and keep your "hearing value/view" at sideline when you come here... hence a cultural shock. That was what my initial reaction was like when I started my deafhood.

Interesting that it took less than one hour and twenty minutes for a remark about how it's interesting no hearing parents have posted...

Given that there are really only a handful of us, the odds are not in favor of one of us seeing this thread and posting right away.

I understand where your coming from, and I largely agree with you.

The challenge is that when those hearing parents post in other threads, you'll have others come in and turn it into a negative or trying to incite an angry response. This has happened to me personally multiple times.

Yes, it would be great if we could find a place to be "light" about things. Sometimes people don't have any interest in seeing others for who they are. More for what they want to see, or concluded based on one single detail. If some could take the blinders off, and really be open to what we are all saying, things would be less contentious. Sometimes people are so blinded by their hate they refuse to see what's standing in front of them.

oh my....

so why didn't you take your blinders off and be open to what we were telling you in the first place? Must I remind you of your old thread where you finally conceded?

jeez lady... get it over with.

By going in those other threads or topics...there are no "deaf" and "hearing" issues. I just thought it would be nice if that happened.

Yea, let's have fun with each other in the Penisarium threads!!!!

I have always found the topic of sex to be a great ice-breakers except for those who are very religious.

:lol:

Did you see that wonderful picture posted by Jiro called "Puff the Magic Dragon"? Finest piece of art work I have seen in a long time! I apologize for getting off post. This is just too good not to share.

By going in those other threads or topics...there are no "deaf" and "hearing" issues. I just thought it would be nice if that happened.

One would think that, but it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes people choose to make totally irrelevant topics and make it about a persons hearing status. I'm not trying to be contentious- I'm stating the facts unfortunately.

If people were willing to commit to that, and drop the whole "hearing/deaf" thing then that just might work. I think it would be nice too.

One would think that, but it doesn't always work out that way. Sometimes people choose to make totally irrelevant topics and make it about a persons hearing status. I'm not trying to be contentious- I'm stating the facts unfortunately.

If people were willing to commit to that, and drop the whole "hearing/deaf" thing then that just might work. I think it would be nice too.

Why are you saying that?

for the love of god.... STOP IT.

You are asked to come in and participate in non-CI/non-Deaf threads to get socialized with us. Now stop crying and come party on.

Grendel's right. I don't want anyone who has an audist view - twisting what the deaf says - lying in order to pull information - preachin to the deaf - trying to go against the grain - refusal to listen - be in our adobe.

f 'em.

for the love of god.... STOP IT.

You are asked to come in and participate in non-CI/non-Deaf threads to get socialized with us. Now stop crying and come party on.

Why don't you stop it Jiro? The animosity spilling out of you onto me is clear to everyone. Even those who don't align with some choices I've made. You stop it. I'm stating the facts, bringing it up so it can be addressed and ideally there can be a shift in the way people are treated.

Edit to add: regardless of hearing status

Why don't you stop it Jiro? The animosity spilling out of you onto me is clear to everyone. Even those who don't align with some choices I've made. You stop it. I'm stating the facts, bringing it up so it can be addressed and ideally there can be a shift in the way people are treated.

I don't want to read any one of your posts at all, but you put me in a position that is very retarded. And I have to correct you at every turn. Why don't you go and preach to these at a CI Forum with your research and see how that turns out for you.

I don't want to read any one of your posts at all, but you put me in a position that is very retarded. And I have to correct you at every turn. Why don't you go and preach to these at a CI Forum with your research and see how that turns out for you.

Simple solution: put me on ignore

Back