A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Last night, I was riding motorcycle with my wife for pleasure. There were thunderstorm on the way and I thought I have about an hour of ride before storm hit. I rode 15 miles south to Stilwell, KS (south of Overland Park, KS). Which is a small town but lot of new business popping up. We were just visiting friend living there but he wasn't home. I looked around sky and seeing lightening flashing inside thundercloud and was very close . I told my wife that we better head back before it start to rain. So I rode on backroad heading back because wind was very strong on highway. I don't have issue with it cuz my motorcycle is heavy and steady against wind with no problem. My wife couldn't handle with helmet well on strong wind. So that's why. But when I drove by 103rd St and Antioch, My wife wanted me to stop by other friend's house close by. I turned around and head over and met up with friend at her home. My wife :blah: with her for 30 min and I was leery about storm because the cloud was hoovering over sky and seeing dark cloud a mile away :ugh: . Then finally friend told us that we better go now because it's gonna rain any minutes. So we headed out and I fired up motorcycle and my wife have helmet on then we rode on way home. When I was only 3 miles away from home and main road became Highway. It began to rain and I didn't have helmet on. As I was halfway, rain began to pour and motorcycle front wheel began to slip a bit :Ohno: while I was riding at 55mph. I immediately slowed down to 35mph cuz I was really leery :Ohno: ... Rain hit my face wasn't that bad at 55mph (it stings a bit) but when I was 1/4th way home, Pea sized hail began to fall!!! OOWW OOWWW THAT HURTS!!!! I slowed down to 30mph and finally turned corner slowly then on backroad to my home, I slowed to 15mph and finally arrived home. my lip and face was sore from hail!! :dizzy: It was funny tho and I had to tough out through hails.

I"m glad it's only Pea sized hail because when Storm moved to Missouri, there were Golf ball and Pingball sized hail fell. I would suffer bruises if Golf ball sized hail fell in my area. :eek2:

My wife asked me if I need to get 2nd helmet. I told her YES!! I need it so I won't suffer hail barrage at my face!! :lol:

Catty

yike..... driver is the most important person so you should be wearing helmet because you are the one operating motorcycle. it's useless for your wife to be wearing helmet if you cannot operate motorcycle safely because both of you will be harmed.

I hope you don't go thru this experience again! :Ohno:

yike..... driver is the most important person so you should be wearing helmet because you are the one operating motorcycle. it's useless for your wife to be wearing helmet if you cannot operate motorcycle safely because both of you will be harmed.

I hope you don't go thru this experience again! :Ohno:

Yeah, OFC I know that :lol:

I was just being tough and I knew area very well to get around "blindfolded".

Recently, last Thursday, I went out to visit my friend to say goodbye to him because he is moving to Maryland next week. I chatted him for 3 hours and realizing it was almost 12am. I rode motorcycle on the way home and the storm hit in his area where I was riding. Again, I forgot to bring my helmet as well!! I rode through downpour and my motorcycle sunglasses and eyeglasses were worthless through rain (Remmy that my sunglasses is Rx too) . So I took off glasses and was :squint: through rain and I was basically "riding blind" in the rain (My eyesight was blurry but can see road, lights and object. Technically, I'm not that blind tho)). I used backroad riding 20 to 25mph all the way and finally got home (rode for 5 miles). My daughter went in garage and saw me pulling motorcycle in 3rd garage, My jean and boot was soaking wet but not my shirt cuz I was wearing jacket :lol:. She aske me " You rode Motorcycle the whole time in the rain!!?? :eek2: I told her yeah but without helmet. She called me :crazy: . She's right about it. I will HAVE to order 2nd helmet so I can ride safetly. Here in KS, we do have storm middle of the night sometime unexpectedly after beautiful day and evening.

I ever wonder why I get hit by rain sometime riding on Motorcycle, guess because I bought this Motorcycle during stormy night at Seller's home.. :lol:

Catty

I ordered a $600 helmet that was on sale for $230. I figure I'd get one after having my latest spill on my dirt bike, flipping me over and landing on my head and then my shoulders. The helmet was probably compressed from the inside by then. Your head is one-time only.

Tempting to say "cheap insurance", but how dare me...

I ordered a $600 helmet that was on sale for $230. I figure I'd get one after having my latest spill on my dirt bike, flipping me over and landing on my head and then my shoulders. The helmet was probably compressed from the inside by then. Your head is one-time only.

Tempting to say "cheap insurance", but how dare me...

It's worth to grab it. I know "cheap insurance" is what you thought of. But it protects your head than be a "squid".

I've ridden Moped back in 1980's and been through lot slip and slide accident on wet, sandy, pebbled, leaf or oily road surface when I tried to turn and banged my head on pavement. Full faced helmet did protect me very well and I didn't have any injury in my head but had a scuff and scrapes on my hand, arm, and knees.

So think about it and pat your back that you have protection for your head.

My recent post about riding motorcycle in rain was my stupid mistake. I didn't wear helmet and storm hit and I was literally "blind" through downpour because my Rx sunglasses (was riding in dark) and eyeglasses were useless in rain. I had to :squint: through rain without both and can see fuzzy road with lights and objects for 5 miles. :eek2:

My helmet is a full faced pop up type with "Carbon Fiber" decor all around. I planned to get 2nd so I won't be riding like squid while my wife or kids have my helmet on. I bought cheap through Ebay for $50. Cheap helmet is as good as expensive one for protection but cheaply made. The pop up hinge bolt came off but luckily it didn't fall out. So I popped off the cap and add few drops of high strength threadlock then screw it back in tightly. Now I don't have to worry about it come apart.

Catty

Catty

It's worth to grab it. I know "cheap insurance" is what you thought of. But it protects your head than be a "squid".

I've ridden Moped back in 1980's and been through lot slip and slide accident on wet, sandy, pebbled, leaf or oily road surface when I tried to turn and banged my head on pavement. Full faced helmet did protect me very well and I didn't have any injury in my head but had a scuff and scrapes on my hand, arm, and knees.

So think about it and pat your back that you have protection for your head.

My recent post about riding motorcycle in rain was my stupid mistake. I didn't wear helmet and storm hit and I was literally "blind" through downpour because my Rx sunglasses (was riding in dark) and eyeglasses were useless in rain. I had to :squint: through rain without both and can see fuzzy road with lights and objects for 5 miles. :eek2:

My helmet is a full faced pop up type with "Carbon Fiber" decor all around. I planned to get 2nd so I won't be riding like squid while my wife or kids have my helmet on. I bought cheap through Ebay for $50. Cheap helmet is as good as expensive one for protection but cheaply made. The pop up hinge bolt came off but luckily it didn't fall out. So I popped off the cap and add few drops of high strength threadlock then screw it back in tightly. Now I don't have to worry about it come apart.

Catty

Catty

"Never again"

:eek:

I am caught... yep
215522_10150161603289511_502984510_6472357_231771_n.jpg

hell of a day today... on the way to work... my clutch cable snapped off. I was about 1 mile away from home. Was wondering how will I get home with no clutch... Decided to take a risk and just start it up and somehow... get the bike going.

I did... on gear 1.... struggled all the way to home... went to dealership to buy a new cable. replaced it. what a fun.

hell of a day today... on the way to work... my clutch cable snapped off. I was about 1 mile away from home. Was wondering how will I get home with no clutch... Decided to take a risk and just start it up and somehow... get the bike going.

I did... on gear 1.... struggled all the way to home... went to dealership to buy a new cable. replaced it. what a fun.
Whew! I'm glad you made it home safely, even if it was a rough ride.

You are on your way to being a true biker! :lol:

I know it sucks when it breaks down!! What can you do?? :dunno:

Cable breaks when it gets old and stressed. Sound like your bike have strong clutch spring :lol:

Was your clutch cable frayed or lead to cable came off? Just curious.

Catty

I know it sucks when it breaks down!! What can you do?? :dunno:

Cable breaks when it gets old and stressed. Sound like your bike have strong clutch spring :lol:

Was your clutch cable frayed or lead to cable came off? Just curious.

Catty

frayed. it was going to happen eventually cuz it was old yes.

yike! lucky guy he is!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo7zRuy-ilc]YouTube - Unexperienced douchebag biker road rashes into a tanker truck[/ame]

Nice pix of frayed cable :lol:

I remmy I had to replace brake cable on moped few times in 2 years. Moped's cable is as thin as bicycle cable which is why It frays very easily because I use moped often back then.

Thicker cable tend to last longer but it's all depends on how strong is the leverage on lever bar and frequency of usage.

Nice Bike as well! :thumb:

Catty

Back