A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

TCS and I rode to another Honor Flight welcome ceremony tonight. It was very touching. :aw:

That's a nice looking suit.

We carry a change of footwear when we go on PGR rides. When we're standing in the flag lines for hours, the boots are too hot and uncomfortable.

that was a major complaint about that suit but it has been a very popular suit for several years. Aerostich Roadcrafter.

About your boots issue - consider Alpinestars Soho Gore-Tex Boots or boots with gore-tex. It's breathable and waterproof. Expensive? yes but at least you can wear this for quite a long time.

that was a major complaint about that suit but it has been a very popular suit for several years. Aerostich Roadcrafter.

About your boots issue - consider Alpinestars Soho Gore-Tex Boots or boots with gore-tex. It's breathable and waterproof. Expensive? yes but at least you can wear this for quite a long time.
Even the best boots aren't comfortable enough for standing in place for over two hours, especially for us older people. There were even some teens in our last group, and they were feeling the pain. (Feet, lower back, and knees hurt the most.)

I looked at the boots on their website. Whew! They are expensive!

Apparently, that model doesn't come in women's sizes.

Nice looking but not particularly comfy looking.

Good biking boots are not good walking/standing boots; they are designed for different purposes.

I looked at the boots on their website. Whew! They are expensive!

Apparently, that model doesn't come in women's sizes.

Nice looking but not particularly comfy looking.

Good biking boots are not good walking/standing boots; they are designed for different purposes.

from what i read - it was very comfortable to wear it. Lot of riders complain about motorcycle boots being uncomfortable to wear at work after riding. But this boots was an exception. So feel free to try it out at store and walk around in it :)

Although this boots are comfortable to walk around in it, you sacrifice a bit of protection. It is not as stiff as boots w/ full protection.

They put the ECU behind the license plate? That's a dumb place to put an ECU

no. the stupid guy moved the license plate holder closer to bottom and drilled it several times without knowing what's on other side.

This is manufacturer's position for license plate holder.
ei1u1w.jpg

Many bikers modify it by removing that license plate holder and moving it closer because the default setting looks ugly. plus - they can "obfuscate" their license plates that way to avoid red light camera and toll booth cameras.

examples of modification
b5p7a0.jpg

some bends it and put it on the side

Jiro, Yeah I've seen how they modified the license places...but I've wondered on what purpose. Now that you explained why. Dang!

from what i read - it was very comfortable to wear it. Lot of riders complain about motorcycle boots being uncomfortable to wear at work after riding. But this boots was an exception. So feel free to try it out at store and walk around in it :)

Although this boots are comfortable to walk around in it, you sacrifice a bit of protection. It is not as stiff as boots w/ full protection.
Just too expensive, and I didn't see a women's version. I can't justify the expense while my other boots are in good condition. I'll just bring other footwear to swap at my destination.

Many bikers modify it by removing that license plate holder and moving it closer because the default setting looks ugly. plus - they can "obfuscate" their license plates that way to avoid red light camera and toll booth cameras....
I didn't think that was legal. I thought plates had to be clearly visible.

We don't have toll booths at all, or red light cameras. :D

I didn't think that was legal. I thought plates had to be clearly visible.

We don't have toll booths at all, or red light cameras. :D

yup it's illegal to modify license plate in any shape or form.

Few days ago, I was checking out Ebay and I came across C50 (Volusia, Boulevard) Cruiser Lowering Kit. It's basically long thin metal bar with holes on ends. It lowers rear swingarm to 1", 2" or 3" depending on length of metal bar. I'm sure you heard of this before...

I found the website that I can make my own Lowering kit for my motorcycle.

ButtryNet - How To: Make Lowering Kit for Suzuki C50T

I bought 1-1/2" x 1/4" x 20" metal bar from hardware store. It's basically the same as stock "dogbone" thickness and width. I decided to try lower 2 1/2 inch on motorcycle for starter.. I had no idea so I measure 6 3/16 inches (center hole to other center hole) for 2 1/2 drop. It does not harm or damage motorcycle. It's basically swapping "dogbone" all you need to do.

I cut, drilled the bar which took me 1/2 hour to do it. I jacked up motorcycle and slip under the wooden stand then remove covers then unbolt shock absorber, "dogbone" bar then swapped longer "dogbone" then bolted everything back on. After I asked my son to lower the motorcycle while I straddle to keep it steady because the wheel was partly under the fender.

After it had been lowered. It look so cool and look like it's almost slammed. I sat on it and it feel almost like I am sitting on small tricycle :rofl: It look cool.

BUT!!!!!

One problem, I decide to move the motorcycle while sitting, I can't move it. The tire wedged under rear fender "boxframe". I stood up and I can move it easily. I decided to jack up the motorcycle then adjusted the rear inner shock to high setting then lowered it down to floor. It helped just wee bit. I decide to remove rear fender to see where tire was touching. I flipped fender up and found out it's what I figured that I mentioned previously.

My son suggest me to have it drop 1 1/2" instead of 2 1/2". I agree with him. I told him that I can make two separate pair of bars, one for 1 1/2 drop and other for 2" drop. I am going to ask my friend to do it for me "professionally made" because he have better tools than I have. So that I can see what difference it look and see if tires are not rubbing under fender while riding. I would pick the one that suit the motorcycle.

Just for my pleasure :lol:

Catty

Motorcycling: Put the spark back into your relationship! :P

Attachments

• Sparks.jpg
    Sparks.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 13
Woman who fell from motorcycle on I-26 dies
Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"A woman who fell from a motorcycle on Interstate 26 Sunday night has died.

Tonyeka Williams, 33, was not wearing a helmet when she fell off the back of a motorcycle about 7:15 p.m., S.C. Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Bob Beres said.

Williams was airlifted to the Medical University Hospital where she died Monday, said Berkeley County Coroner Bill Salisbury.

Beres said Williams was a passenger on a 2008 Honda motorcycle driven westbound by Walter Lee Mungin Jr. of Hollywood. Beres said she fell off the back about a mile before the Jedburg Exit.

No charges will be filed, Beres said."

I read in the comments section that someone witnessed the sport bike racing against a Corvette. :nono: Caught the woman off guard.

Back