A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I know they have tried putting 2wd in motorcycles but don't see the popularity, yet. It seems that they still stick with rwd motorcycles.

2WD in motorcycle? I've heard about it but if I remembered correctly - it was a serious safety hazard issue.

Our bike is belt driven, and the belt is covered. :)

ah that's what I thought so because most cruiser bikers are belt-driven. I forgot to look up on spec for your bike.

The scariest part? The American Chopper's bikes are exposed. The belt was like 4" wide :Ohno:

oh that'll work! you'll be fine :thumb:

It's best to have the pants that goes as high as Steve Urkel :lol:

Is this the one where you wear over the gear?
Yes, over the gear.

We'll look like two bumblebees in the rain. :lol:

Yes, over the gear.

We'll look like two bumblebees in the rain. :lol:

:lol:

one thing about that. It's a safety risk. The last time I did this was when I went to airport for Vegas. I didn't wear my armored jacket because I didn't want to lock it to my bike - they could cut the wire and steal it. My rain jacket choked me because of parachuting effect and dragged me around :ugh:

my rain gear is worn inside the gear. It came together with my gear.

that is a very strange law...... inspection before license plate. For example - how can the person get the motorcycle inspected if there's no license plate??? that would mean he needs to get a trailer!

very troublesome!

Xactly, I have to get a trailer for motorcycle. Yes, Kansas Highway Patrol would inspect motorcycle without license plate if it's on trailer. They know you won't ride around without it, common sense :shrug: . They would not inspect automotive without 30 days temporary tag unless it's in car trailer or tow.. Make sense?

I decide NOT to get 30 day temporary tag because it's 2 hours waiting in DMV and would I want to wait on that when it's 3:30pm and they close at 4:30pm?? Heck NO!! PLUS I have a Motorcycle Permit, not even fully licensed so That's why. Kansas Highway Patrol would do inspection and I would get certificate of inspection to bring it over to DMV to be able to get license plate but still I won't be able ride it unless I have real license for it.

The good part is that after DMV getting license plate, I could go to DL place and request for riding test on same day while cruiser on trailer with license plate. They'll accept it very well for me to take riding test. DMV and DL place are just couple blocks away!!! Ez for me :rofl:

Catty

Xactly, I have to get a trailer for motorcycle. Yes, Kansas Highway Patrol would inspect motorcycle without license plate if it's on trailer. They know you won't ride around without it, common sense :shrug: . They would not inspect automotive without 30 days temporary tag unless it's in car trailer or tow.. Make sense?

I decide NOT to get 30 day temporary tag because it's 2 hours waiting in DMV and would I want to wait on that when it's 3:30pm and they close at 4:30pm?? Heck NO!! PLUS I have a Motorcycle Permit, not even fully licensed so That's why. Kansas Highway Patrol would do inspection and I would get certificate of inspection to bring it over to DMV to be able to get license plate but still I won't be able ride it unless I have real license for it.

The good part is that after DMV getting license plate, I could go to DL place and request for riding test on same day while cruiser on trailer with license plate. They'll accept it very well for me to take riding test. DMV and DL place are just couple blocks away!!! Ez for me :rofl:

Catty

If you are there at 3:30pm, they will not kick you out if it's closing at 4:30pm. They will not just let any more people in probably at around 4pm. That's how it is here.

unless... they DO kick you out at 4:30 :ugh:

If you are there at 3:30pm, they will not kick you out if it's closing at 4:30pm. They will not just let any more people in probably at around 4pm. That's how it is here.

unless... they DO kick you out at 4:30 :ugh:

It would mean if I stay in DMV after closing, I would have to wait for my riding test on next following week. So I'm going to do that in the a.m after inspection. That's why.

Catty

It would mean if I stay in DMV after closing, I would have to wait for my riding test on next following week. So I'm going to do that in the a.m after inspection. That's why.

Catty

oh gotcha. good luck!

finally relubed my chains today took me 2 hours to reluding it

imag0077f.jpg

sweet - what did you do? what was the process? what chemical did you use?

long soft toothbrush
kerosene
DuPont Teflon
Rags

clean the chains by brush with kerosene first (WD40 works too, for clean off the dirt only, not lube)
Rag, clean them real good.
take a ride for 3-5 minutes for warm up
cleaning the chains by brush with dupont
clean them with rag. dont clean them too much. chains need to be keep waxed as well.
there you go.

Pic of dupont
036121191570lg.jpg

Back