A minor problem

That's what I am doing, I am just staying back because they are not showing their true friendship towards me. :|

maybe that's what you feel and you get discouraged very easily. Reba's right that they feel awkward right now and they're not sure what to do.

as you keep avoiding them, they'll do same.

maybe that's what you feel and you get discouraged very easily. Reba's right that they feel awkward right now and they're not sure what to do.

as you keep avoiding them, they'll do same.
Guess things are still raw :|

Guess things are still raw :|

no. it's about controlling the information... not in a bad way.

it's like this - when a company made a mistake, it will get a bad public rep. so how will a company recover from it? do they sit back and do nothing while letting media says whatever about them?

sitting back to see who your true friends is not usually the best way to deal with it. they're just not sure what to do with both of you and since you're hiding away... what are they supposed to do? you cannot always assume they know you the best. friendship is a constant maintenance. you've gotta come out and control the information.

no. it's about controlling the information... not in a bad way.

it's like this - when a company made a mistake, it will get a bad public rep. so how will a company recover from it? do they sit back and do nothing while letting media says whatever about them?

sitting back to see who your true friends is not usually the best way to deal with it. they're just not sure what to do with both of you and since you're hiding away... what are they supposed to do? you cannot always assume they know you the best. friendship is a constant maintenance. you've gotta come out and control the information.

Times like when I hear shit talking I wish punching bi***es in the face was legal.... :mad: Why can't people just say things to peoples faces!? :mad: Backstabbing little (*@&$(*@$(*%^(@*%@($@()$&(@*%&!! :pissed: :mad:

Anyways, Jiro is definitely correct... Got to get out there and do some information maintenance. :) Just don't shit talk... Nobody likes a shit talker... I don't think you're a shit talker though, so you'll be okay... :D :hug:

for example - lot of you ADers know me as :naughty: but if someone comes in and makes an accusation about me like I slap women around and I touch women inappropriately all the time.... and then I disappear... what are ADers supposed to think? I don't blame them for having a doubt about me. that's how a rumor spreads and you know how vicious it is when it comes to deaf community. it must be addressed tactfully and immediately. the longer I stay away from it, the harder it will be to defend myself.

remember - it should be addressed TACTFULLY. you can try to show up more and more and if your friends asked you what's up... where you been... etc. etc. well you've been busy with your life and geocaching!

people will obviously ask you about what's happening between you and your "ex-wife" and some rumors they've heard. this is critically important where you have to handle it tactfully. talking shit about her is a surefire way to make everything ugly and awkward real fast! you can easily steer the conversation back to geocaching and make conversation more interesting like this -

"oh.... not much going between me and her... we're cool and divorce process is very long and slow cuz of the law. i'm happy we're not fighting over everything but yea.. I've been busy with my life and geocaching. you should try geocaching! it's very fun! that's why I didn't show up here much. I'm addicted to it. you should come try it once with me..... yada yada yada"

Times like when I hear shit talking I wish punching bi***es in the face was legal.... :mad: Why can't people just say things to peoples faces!? :mad: Backstabbing little TWAT WAFFLES :pissed: :mad:

Anyways, Jiro is definitely correct... Got to get out there and do some information maintenance. :) Just don't shit talk... Nobody likes a shit talker... I don't think you're a shit talker though, so you'll be okay... :D :hug:

I fixed it for you :)

Thanks for the helpful advice. I am not a little backstabber at all, what I do, I let them talk, but sometimes, they need to use common sense to come to me and confirm the facts wether I'll laugh or cry.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

I am not sure if this is in the appropriate section but please move it if it is not.

The problem is about my divorce that I am facing later this year; lately I have been staying away from the deaf community I have been strongly participated for the past 20+ years. The deaf community here is small, not quite big as you can imagine in the U.S.

Knowing that my ex wife participate and share the same friends as mine, but lately they have not been around with me (not to mention the ex wife) they have been treating me like I am invisible but I have done nothing wrong. I have been making effort to make friends with the ex wife for the sake of the deaf community but unfortunately, it has been a struggle for me, let it being civil with her. Unfortunately, I know it is a business of mine but I am seeking out there for some advice. What I should do? I am avoiding this because it is not working for me. :aw:

Considering that your ex-wife married (read accepted) you, I've got to give her the benefit of the doubt. Can you own up to your actions in the relationship? Really, the fact that you say practically everyone you know in Australia is avoiding you is pretty absurd. If otherwise - WhAt DiD yOu DoOoO...?

Considering that your ex-wife married (read accepted) you, I've got to give her the benefit of the doubt. Can you own up to your actions in the relationship? Really, the fact that you say practically everyone you know in Australia is avoiding you is pretty absurd. If otherwise - WhAt DiD yOu DoOoO...?
Not around in Australia, pfft.. in my home town of Canberra :P

Back