A Friend who wants to be popular

Good, Cheri. I am glad you explain it. Thank you. It's simple. That's all. :)

I AGREES

i hate when ppl said i am so popular i have more friends than ya acting so snob
and act so rude rme

i am limits numbers of friends cuz if too many friends i would go crazy trying to be there for them
and they will drives me NUTS if i am not there for them
i am not really popular person
i am quiet person and kinda of shy person but can easy break the shyness in a min or so

Cheri said:
Well, I do care because, it does hurt a great deal to have a friend who pretend to be a friend to me to be part of a group or being popluar. I rather to have a friend who is true to me with all heart and soul. I guess you and I are different. I'm true to all my friends and I expect the same treatment back.

:gpost:

CyberRed said:
So, are you sayin' that it is NOT about the popularities ? Ok, then why is this thread sayin' " A friend who wants to be popular ? " Or is it tryin' to make someone confused what this thread's subject is all about ? Some of this ADers mentioned that they don't like 2-faced friends... why is that ? So, it means it is all about bein' popular. My only point is that why someone should worry about it, if it is all about 2-faced friends or bein' popular that may steal their spotlight, just because of the group of friends are better than other group ?? I wouldn't created this thread if, it talks about " A friend who wants to be popular " because, for one --- I don't care. Number 2 ) I want to see people to be themselves. Life is too short. Just let them be.

That's right, I'm saying its NOT about the popularities. I'm saying when a so-called friend wants to be your friend.. you go assuming that she/he is really your friend then you find that she/he was just trying to find a way to be popular. Would you like it if someone did that to you?

you're saying that some ADers mentioned that some friends are 2-faced makes them popular? i think not.

If you could see Cheri's post.. she has asked a question and we answered on how we feel.. its about if you've been thru it before or not. so you don't have to jump in and try to correct us.. you can speak of yourself, if you went thru that or if you didn't.

I am not here to win friends or to appease friends. I am here to be myself regardless of what anybody says and that has never stopped me. I never let my friends do my thinking. I always do my own thinking.

RebelGirl said:
That's right, I'm saying its NOT about the popularities. I'm saying when a so-called friend wants to be your friend.. you go assuming that she/he is really your friend then you find that she/he was just trying to find a way to be popular. Would you like it if someone did that to you?
It don't bother me, really RebelGirl. He or she could lose some friends for doin' that on his/ her own. She or he creates a problem, if the " attention " is not enough for her or him. It is not my problem.

you're saying that some ADers mentioned that some friends are 2-faced makes them popular? i think not.

I am NOT sayin' that out of my point of view. Go and read some ADers' posts yourself. Okay ? You will see what I am talkin' about. ( I never said that " some friends are 2 faced MAKES them popular ".... ) If, they want to be popular - so what ? Just let them be. THAT's THEM, not you or me or anyone else. We can always challenge to that person who wants to attempt to be popular, if you want to say your pieces ( POV, opinion, experiences, and so on. )

If you could see Cheri's post.. she has asked a question and we answered on how we feel.. its about if you've been thru it before or not. so you don't have to jump in and try to correct us.. you can speak of yourself, if you went thru that or if you didn't.

I am NOT jumpin' in and try to correct you guys. I am just statin' a question about " WHY should someone WORRY about it ? " No body cares about WHO's WHO wants to be popular. Look at our President who is popular or famous - and no body cares about how his ratin' is on whether if, it goes up or down. So ? Popular is always fadin' and it is not lastin' forever. I speak out of my mind to say my pieces. I am very outspoken.

CyberRed said:
He or she could lose some friends for doin' that on his/ her own. She or he creates a problem, if the " attention " is not enough for her or him. It is not my problem.

Yes, I have to give you right that she/he could lose some friends for trying to be populuar herself/himself than value her/his friendship with anyone. Simple is: It's her/his loss!!! Because it's her/him who choose to think herself/himself to be popular important than value her/his friendship with anyone. It's their LOSS!!! :)

RebelGirl said:
If you could see Cheri's post.. she has asked a question and we answered on how we feel.. its about if you've been thru it before or not.

That's correct, How hard is it to read? It's a very easy question asked and a very easy answer should be answered, 'Yes or No did it ever happen to you?, Would you choose to be that way? or the other way around?' ;)

Liebling:-))) said:
It's CyberRed who confused Cheri's thread here.

*nods* :thumb:

That's correct, How hard is it to read? It's a very easy question asked and a very easy answer should be answered, 'Yes or No did it ever happen to you?, Would you choose to be that way? or the other way around?' ;)

*nodding* I know... :roll: You made very simple thread here and get simple answer from us...

Confused ? I think not. Every person's point of view is different... it doesn't mean that it confused author's thread. I perfectly understand author's question and I answered with my POV.

CyberRed said:
Confused ? I think not. Every person's point of view is different... it doesn't mean that it confused author's thread. I perfectly understand author's question and I answered with my POV.

But Tamara see different. :dunno:

I have a few of true friends whom I trust and that's enough for me. My best closest true friend is my hubby who stand by me for the past 25 years. I have been through it before where I had close friends backstabs me and spread untrue rumours about me. I was very hurt and heartbroken. My hubby gave me a lots of comfort and care after I got hurt badly. Its took me a very long time to trust anyone to become a good friend to me. I am a very quiet person and I keep to myself. I do have some 'general' friends just to chat to and laugh but not too close if you know what I mean.

I thought of this poem I would like to share with you. I had it for a few years and it good to bring it up again to read. This is good defination (sp?) of what a true friend is about. :)

.....A Friend.....
by author unknown

(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffer support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plains thing you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality

Liebling:-))) said:
But Tamara see different. :dunno:

I know. A little bit off-topic here : Sweetie, you see different from everyone's POV, too in " religion " threads. That's perfectly understandable, because of where we came from are not the same. We grew up in different environments, backgrounds, and so forth.

Please, accept my apologize if, I caused anyone confused in this thread, because of my point of view is different. But, I still love you all ANYWAYS.

I can completely relate, personally I rather have a friend who truly
loves and cares about me than have someone use me for what
they can obtain through knowing me. If my friendship isn't truly
wanted I rather be told straight to my face than lead to believe
otherwise because it hurts so much to find out that the people
you thought loved you never loved you at all, it's wrong to use
anyone in such a way.

:( nobody like the poems. Oh well, I am outta here. :bye:

Koala said:
I thought of this poem I would like to share with you. I had it for a few years and it good to bring it up again to read. This is good defination (sp?) of what a true friend is about. :)

.....A Friend.....
by author unknown

(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffer support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you

Beautiful Poem, Thanks for sharing it hon :hug:

Y said:
Hey CyberRed,
I just read this whole thread
Wow !! This shows how sweet you are...
probably one of the sweetest posters of all.
You also seem to be very understanding & humble person.
No, you did NOT create any confusion at all.

I enjoy your many Good postings with
lots of common sense and
lots of wisdom and respect
CyberRed's postings are very Simple and
very Crystal Clear :)

CyberRed, You are a very strong woman
because you already knew how to select your own
true friends yourself, you knew how to ignore
any whiners, any controlling freaks, etc.

I have been on Alldeaf longer than any
of these women here... Longer than
you know who else.

Hey, CyberRed it looks like that
you are absolutely NOT jealous at all
I would laugh so hard if anyone thinks
of you being jealous of others
There is Nothing to be jealous of...
:rofl:

I Agree that everyone have different POVs
from different upbringings and backgrounds, etc.

Keep it up CyberRed I'm so proud of you
for doing nothing wrong at all :)

:thumb:

:ugh2: What's your point for posting about CR? Is there anything you wanna say about this thread instead of saying how proud you are about CR? :roll:

Koala said:
I have a few of true friends whom I trust and that's enough for me. My best closest true friend is my hubby who stand by me for the past 25 years. I have been through it before where I had close friends backstabs me and spread untrue rumours about me. I was very hurt and heartbroken. My hubby gave me a lots of comfort and care after I got hurt badly. Its took me a very long time to trust anyone to become a good friend to me. I am a very quiet person and I keep to myself. I do have some 'general' friends just to chat to and laugh but not too close if you know what I mean.

.....A Friend.....
by author unknown

(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(F)orgives your mistakes
(G)ives unconditionally
(H)elps you
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(N)ever Judges
(O)ffer support
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(U)nderstands you
(V)alues you
(W)alks beside you

Wow, I love that! :thumb: :hug: Thanks for sharing this with us ;)

Back