92-Year-Old Woman Kicked Out Of Georgia Church

Yeah, I don't understand why they're doing that.

and when the poor lady dies her family will not be able to use this church . The church was her part of her whole life .

Disgusting ! Trying to rob money from an old lady ! The church should be seeing if there is any way they can help the old woman.

Slander becomes you.
To be fair they are not trying to rob her, nothing wrong with tithing, or what ever one.calls it. The gov calls it taxes, the churches tithing.
If tithing is robbery then taxes is bloody banditry
The issue here, is the church bieng stone cold, not the actuall morality of tithing

Last edited:
Wondering if good ol' Al and Jackson attend this Church....anyway, all that aside...No one should ever feel obligated to tithe in Church....And saying you must give xx amount of your salary to the Church?....Say what?...I give what I can whenever I attend Church.

Nothing wrong in supporting financially a place one uses and goes too. For what ever reason. Im not a christian but any place of worship requires funds...those funds generally come from those who use the service. Whether its a rilgious service or an entertainment service. Or what ever
If obligitory tithing is part of the rules of that perticular church so.be it.why is it pur bussiness?
The gov forces taxes, or feel its wrath, no service is free. Rekigion or not. Someone some place pays the bills

Yeah I was wondering about that , I thought people gave what they could afford . That 90 woman live on a fixed income I bet and $1,000 is a lot of money. That will help buy her meds. and food for a few months . The poor lady being kicked out het church b/c she can't afford to give her money way. :(

Christianity like judiasm or any fath has many sects. That do not share all the ssme rules.
What you thought was wrong. And only correct for some sects, others vary

Then the church made her a church outcast , shame on that church , this is not some Jesus would had done ! .

You dont Know what jesus would of done, your not even a christaian so why this matters to you is anybodies guess, i doubt this is the very first known example of someone being kicked out of a church for not paying.
Im sure it happens more then you think

Last edited:
and when the poor lady dies her family will not be able to use this church . The church was her part of her whole life .

Where does it state this?
Seems to me its like any bussness. If You want to Use its sevice. You need to pay.
Im sure for those who cant afford its rates there are other churches in compition that offer a better price for the salvation they peddle

Last edited:
Nothing wrong in supporting financially a place one uses and goes too. For what ever reason. Im not a christian but any place of worship requires funds...those funds generally come from those who use the service. Whether its a rilgious service or an entertainment service. Or what ever
If obligitory tithing is part of the rules of that perticular church so.be it.why is it pur bussiness?
The gov forces taxes, or feel its wrath, no service is free. Rekigion or not. Someone some place pays the bills

Churches are tax exempt...and let me say this...there are many poor people going to Church because the faith is all they have...even can afford to do....and saying you've got to tithe to come to a Church?....Nah!....Give whatever you can...and many people do services for the Church when they can't tithe. Such as janitorial, lawn care, etc. I knew a very poor deaf couple that did this.....

Those people who are well off financially, do give....those who are poor or struggling can only give what they can give....

I would never ... ever...consider attending a Church that required me to tithe....Even giving a $1 to the Church might be taking food out of their mouths for a day or so....and Church is not for entertainment.....

Churches are tax exempt...and let me say this...there are many poor people going to Church because the faith is all they have...even can afford to do....and saying you've got to tithe to come to a Church?....Nah!....Give whatever you can...and many people do services for the Church when they can't tithe. Such as janitorial, lawn care, etc. I knew a very poor deaf couple that did this.....

Those people who are well off financially, do give....those who are poor or struggling can only give what they can give....

I would never ... ever...consider attending a Church that required me to tithe....Even giving a $1 to the Church might be taking food out of their mouths for a day or so....and Church is not for entertainment.....

I wasnt stating churches pay taxes. I was stating in m eyes tithing. Or being required to pay a certain percentage of your loot to your church, temple, shrine, synagouge, fetish hut, whatever is just like any imposed tax. If you dont pay taxes you go to jail, if you dont pay tith, leave and find another church.
Why is tithing so outragous but taxes not?
Their church , their rules. Not every church has the same rules regarding tithing. Like any sevrice,bussiness or club, prices will very.

Some churchs very very much are all about entertainment and putting on a show. Thats their bussiness. No one elses.
Bussiness is bussiness.
We may dissgree with that, but reality is what it is

Last edited:
I wasnt stating churches pay taxes. I was stating in m eyes tithing. Or being required to pay a certain percentage of your loot to your church, temple, shrine, synagouge, fetish hut, whatever is just like any imposed tax. If you dont pay taxes you go to jail, if you dont oay tith, leave and find another church.
Their church , their rules. Not every church has the same rules regarding tithing. Like any sevrice,bussiness or club, prices will very.

Some churchs very very much are all about entertainment.and putting on a show. Thats their bussiness. No one elses.
Bussiness is bussiness.

I've never been to a Church that required tithing..."required" mind you...it's almost like saying....at the door before you enter...."if you ain't got any $$ then you ain't coming in"....Feel the majority of Churches welcomes anyone to attend the services...regards of their race or financial ability to pay. And I've attended Black Churches in the past and enjoyed it very much...no matter if I put $$ into the plate or not...I was welcome there....

You may feel that going to Church for some people is for "entertainment"...and it might be for some....but the whole purpose of going to Church is for prayer and faith....have seen homeless people in Church...do you expect them to tithe?...And this was a very big Church, a lot of congregation there....and they welcomed all people from all walks of life....no matter if they were able to "tithe" or not.

So we disagree....and to kick a 92 year old lady out of the Church because she was sick...could not attend or afford to tithe?....Say what?

This Church is all about $$$...not a higher power...not Christian at all...they will get a backlash....even members most likely will leave that Church...I sure hope so!...It's Greed, pure and simple.

I wasnt stating churches pay taxes. I was stating in m eyes tithing. Or being required to pay a certain percentage of your loot to your church, temple, shrine, synagouge, fetish hut, whatever is just like any imposed tax. If you dont pay taxes you go to jail, if you dont oay tith, leave and find another church.

Some churchs very very much are all about entertainment.and putting on a show. Thats their bussiness. No one elses.
Bussiness is bussiness.

BUT you don't kick 90yr olds in nuts,this is the time tithing comes into it own to help 90yr olds that's what it for

I've never been to a Church that required tithing..."required" mind you...it's almost like saying....at the door before you enter...."if you ain't got any $$ then you ain't coming in"....Feel the majority of Churches welcomes anyone to attend the services...regards of their race or financial ability to pay. And I've attended Black Churches in the past and enjoyed it very much...no matter if I put $$ into the plate or not...I was welcome there....

You may feel that going to Church for some people is for "entertainment"...and it might be for some....but the whole purpose of going to Church is for prayer and faith....have seen homeless people in Church...do you expect them to tithe?...And this was a very big Church, a lot of congregation there....and they welcomed all people from all walks of life....no matter if they were able to "tithe" or not.

So we disagree....and to kick a 92 year old lady out of the Church because she was sick...could not attend or afford to tithe?....Say what?

This Church is all about $$$...not a higher power...not Christian at all...they will get a backlash....even members most likely will leave that Church...I sure hope so!...It's Greed, pure and simple.

Tithing is a requirment in many churches and many faiths..its not unnusual..im not a mormon, but i belive even they have a strong tithing requirment as part of their rules.
Regardless as to ones reasons of attending the rules should.be respected if thats what they are for any club,organizatin, church you name it.
Really as long as they are upfront about it..as to what they cost, then so be it.
Every bussiness has a price. And religiion is big big bussiness.
This church shoud have more sense, but they dont so..meh

Last edited:
BUT you don't kick 90yr olds in nuts,this is the time tithing comes into it own to help 90yr olds that's what it for

Its legel to be stone cold assholes...sucks.but thats the reality.
Really if anyone is so so so outraged then chip in the pot and help this old lady pay her tith..
I find the outrage a bit insencere really.
I cant tell you how many times ive had to drag adults out from the dojo who were behind dues...sucks..but its not free. If you cant pay and wont work with us on a solution..you wont be training for free. Its a bussiness.
And that means if you cant afford it, then other cheaper places, the y or so on may be better suitted to your current circunstancs.
A church is no different.they have the same bills, rent, hydro, lease, you name it to pay.
Like anyone else

Last edited:
pay tax yes screw 90yr old no

Shes not getting sccrewed. Why cant she and her family find a cheaper church?
Are we asking to force churches to accept those whom it doesnt welcome?
Look..
One of the first things i was taught in life that i remember is this
Dont stay where your not welcome.
Clear this church isnt for her, right or wrong..im sure other churches wil be happy to have her.

I can't speak for other religions or churches, just my own independent Baptist church.

We believe giving a tithe, love offerings, and support for missionaries are biblical, and such giving is between the giver and God only.

Churches and their ministries need financial support to operate, of course, but God knows who can afford how much. No one else can judge that.

The Pastor encourages people to give as participants in the church and its ministries but he has no idea who gives what. He never directs his preaching on giving at any individuals but lets the Holy Spirit convict hearts as to what they should do.

No one is ever sent a bill or told how much they "owe."

Members can give cash anonymously, cash or checks in envelopes, or checks without envelopes. (If they want records for the IRS obviously they need to identify themselves for record keeping by the treasurer but that's optional.) The treasurer, who is a CPA, keeps the records confidential.

Not all churches pass the plate during services. Some of my CT family were members of a Brethren church that had a lockbox inside the church foyer where members dropped in their envelopes or money. No plates were passed.

Not all churches pass the plate during services. Some of my CT family were members of a Brethren church that had a lockbox inside the church foyer where members dropped in their envelopes or money. No plates were passed.

Hindu temples don't do this, either. You can do one of several things. You go to your īśta-devatā (your personal deity - there can be many of them in a single temple), and during your obeisance in front of the mūrti (physical form of deity) (sometimes, you're alone, and at other times, someone(s) is standing/sitting beside you), you can drop some money on the ārti plate (plate that has either a single lamp on it with other things like a flower or some rice, or five oil containers with wicks, in which all are lit at the same time and waved in front of the deity to bring light about the deity during an ārti or pūjā (ritual in which a deity is honored and praised and an ārti song is sung for the deity)).

Another opportunity is during that ārti ritual, in which the ārti plate at some point after waving the ārti plate in front of the mūrti is brought down from the sacred space of the deity to the people standing in lines, and in our temple, the arcaka (sounds like archaka - temple priest) brings that ārti plate down to the people in line, which is waved in front of each person during the ritual, and sometimes a person will put some money on the ārti plate, which is intended directly for that priest.

A third option is putting the money in a hundi box, usually one of which is dedicated to each deity consecrated in the temple, or one of other donation boxes, like at the entrance by the temple office or at the counter of the temple kitchen, where everyone goes to enjoy the food blessed by the deity during one of the rituals (one of the pūjās or ārtis).

HOWEVER, if you are in India and you go to one of these temples, and you feel personally compelled to give money on your person (because you just want to), do not put it in any box, because there is a law (“Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Act XXII”) that dictate that the money is to be given to the government, which in turns only gives back to the Hindu temples a minor portion, and the rest of it goes to, believe it or not, to Christian missions/missionaries and Islamic madrasas in the country as well as subsidizing Haj. So, give your money to the temple priest directly.

Good news is that this church has been allegedly reported as a bad church. So that way people read about it and they would be "Uh-oh, why do you do that to this poor old woman?"

"You owe me a lot of money so you can't come in my church", seriously? Is that how it works? According to Jesus, it's not how it works. It's free to attend a church and pray there.

I don't understand why the church had to tell the Elder to pay for the tithe in order to be in a membership. This is not right. She is free to pay a tithe or not. If she could not afford to pay for tithe, then she don't have to do that necessarily. She want to come to the Church whether she is a member or non-member. No one should never turn her away from the Church. She is entitled to attend her church. Now someone who send her the letter is ignorant and selfish over money like being greedy. This is sad. :(

Back