6 Years Old Driving a Truck

Calvin

In Hazzard County
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
[yt]9xLFPwg1iTc[/yt]

How can an irresponsible parents let a kid as young as 6 years old to drive this kind of truck?!?!

They should go to jail for this and take the kids away. No way I would never allow my kid that age to drive a vehicle.

This is stupid, and I hope the cop sees this and trace the license plate and arrest those irresponsible parent! :mad2:

I am speechless to see this video of a 6 years old child driving a truck !! I dont see any seatbelt on either of them ! I would not even allow this !!

My dad let me drive car on his lap when I was 6 years old. I did drove 1967 Ford Mustang convertible around the block when I was 7 year old all by myself :giggle: My mom didn't know anything about it. That was back in 1970's. I would agree that it's dangerous today.

Catty

[yt]9xLFPwg1iTc[/yt]

How can an irresponsible parents let a kid as young as 6 years old to drive this kind of truck?!?!

They should go to jail for this and take the kids away. No way I would never allow my kid that age to drive a vehicle.

This is stupid, and I hope the cop sees this and trace the license plate and arrest those irresponsible parent! :mad2:

Jail? Are you kidding? There is no law for area. Mostly farm own area that's where law is not there so cops nothing to do it.

They will go to jail ONCE touch on the road. I heard lot story from farmer that they did same thing. It's good for kids to learn how to drive if something happen to parent.

Well, it's out in the middle of a farm field. Farm kids drive tractors at that age. That is much more dangerous. In our state, it seems you read about one or two farm kids dying each year with some machinery.

Well, it's out in the middle of a farm field. Farm kids drive tractors at that age. That is much more dangerous. In our state, it seems you read about one or two farm kids dying each year with some machinery.

This is true where I'm from as well...

If he'd wrecked it can you imagine explaining to the insurance company how your truck got wrecked?? "yeah my kindergartener was taking it for a spin" THEN you might have some intervention by the Child Welfare folks...

(I drove my dad's '76 Nova while sitting on his lap but that was before airbags and such and he was really driving, not me :) )

Welcome to the farm. Many kids young as 14 or 15 get license to drive cars/trucks only on farm property, even a few states young as 12 or so. They need something to do work on the farm. I'm not surprised about that 6 year old driving that truck. It won't be a good idea if it's on the streets, of course.

Last edited:
I have known plenty of kids on farmlands driving offroads at early ages. I see no wrongdoings as long they are taught not to go on the roadways.

In rural northern Indiana, I was allowed to drive (with an adult next by me) about 1.5-mile from my relatives' to another relative's house. It was on a least-travelled gravel road.

I'm not sure what laws are like, but as long as the kids stays on the people's (parents') property there's nothing much the police can do :roll: I am also aware that in some areas (especially the US) where kids use farm machines at tender age...

What is important is for the child to learn how/when/where to use it...

Jamie

Ah, that makes me feel better after I read the rest of the thread (try to lighten up a little).

It's quite interesting for a child to drive.

But can a visual impaired drive in a farm just for leisure (I hope not :Ohno:)? I know that the visually impaired can't drive in the road. I'm 26 years old. I can see pretty good with my right eye (just plain vision and no artifacts). (Gee... I keep wishing to have any visual impairment... :()

Edit: I found it funny that the man behind the video camera is just playing with his kid (it's very obvious she does not have a driver's license). :)

Jail? Are you kidding? There is no law for area. Mostly farm own area that's where law is not there so cops nothing to do it.

They will go to jail ONCE touch on the road. I heard lot story from farmer that they did same thing. It's good for kids to learn how to drive if something happen to parent.

Accidents are bound to happen, my point is I would not do that to a 6 years old kid like this. If it's like 14 years old, depends on how their behavior is, if they are good kid, I would have a piece of junk truck for them to learn to drive on the farm. But 6 years old, they are out of their mind, I mean that truck is new and if that kid hit a tree or something, the airbag would injure the kid or maybe kill them. Do you notice how close that kid is on the steering wheel?

Again, that is a big truck, that kid barely able to see above the steering wheel and to see where he is driving. Notice the whoever holds a camera raised his hand in the air and guiding that kid wherever to go.

I think this is wrong especially 6 years old and should not drive without adult supervision in the truck... just IMO.

You remind me of my friend's friend's son who 8 years old and his foot almost cut off from tractor lawn. They use helicopter to Chicago for ERbecause their local ER can't fix anything.

Now he can't fear and never near to tractor lawn anymore.

Good thing after 90's tractor lawn have auto shut down when you off from the chair. Before 90's tractor lawn don't that's how he got cut himself.

I have known plenty of kids on farmlands driving offroads at early ages. I see no wrongdoings as long they are taught not to go on the roadways.

In rural northern Indiana, I was allowed to drive (with an adult next by me) about 1.5-mile from my relatives' to another relative's house. It was on a least-travelled gravel road.

Right. It's good for the kids to learn how to drive ONLY on the farm land under parent's supervision.

oh god, good luck parents if kid floor it and don't know how to stop then end up crash tree.

It's on private property out in the middle of nowhere on farmland. So, I don't think cops can really do anything.

Yup, I'm with you.

I had noticed some children are drove on farmland in our area and police don't have anything unless they reach on road.

[yt]9xLFPwg1iTc[/yt]

as long as the truck on their property that's all. I did drive a golf cart with my uncle when I was 5.

Back