545 vs 300,000,000 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grover Cleveland wouldn't even authorize federal funds for TX farmers during a crippling drought. He said that was not the role of the government but the role of charity.....Texas came out ok.....

Grover Cleveland wouldn't even authorize federal funds for TX farmers during a crippling drought. He said that was not the role of the government but the role of charity.....Texas came out ok.....

lol we have a service area named after him in along NJ Turnpike

It was definitely the right tool for the right job in 1995 where performance counted the most and has to be compiled as an executable file.

you said it was for "complex search engine". That's why Google did it with Python..... and java... and javascript..... and C++ :)

but then... maybe you just don't know how to program it efficiently :dunno:

$450?!?! How the hell is the contractor going to make money?!?!

Suppose you get 100 plates, each $450 and it costs you $45000. Wow, that's a lot. Yes, so, suppose about 3 plates do break or have defects, it would cost $1,350 to replace three plates. So, if you suggest that they should sell it at $450, exactly how can they afford to actually even provide it when they may end up paying 1350 dollars more?

Of course, we're focused on plates alone, not the service or anything else. Just expensive plates. :)

uh.... a water bottle costs $1 and a soda can costs 75 cents. and hot pocket costs a dollar apiece... if you buy it from Costco at bulk - it's cheaper. Something that government should know

The business priced it at $450 and that includes everything. the cost of manufacturing, transport, service, etc... plus profit. hence.... my suggestion for you in post #50 - add Economy 101 to your course list.

you said it was for "complex search engine". That's why Google did it with Python..... and java... and javascript..... and C++ :)

but then... maybe you just don't know how to program it efficiently :dunno:

Google did not exist in 1995. Are you forgetting my time? Python and Javascript were still in its infancy. C++ was stable and well documented. I did NOT use Java at that time because it was slow!

Google did not exist in 1995. Are you forgetting my time? Python and Javascript were still in its infancy. C++ was stable and well documented. I did NOT use Java at that time because it was slow!

1998, but close enough

so C++ was stable and well-documented..... and yet you had trouble with it?

and right... Google did not exist in 1995 until 1998 but Java and Python were around since 1991. so....

sorry but your story's not making any sense :dunno:

Just read the first post and I must say...

DAMN RIGHT! we surely need dump these 545 scumbags!

These people think they have got the god given damn rights not to take responsiblity if they screwed up.

so C++ was stable and well-documented..... and yet you had trouble with it?

and right... Google did not exist in 1995 until 1998 but Java and Python were around since 1991. so....

sorry but your story's not making any sense :dunno:

Looks like you don't follow what I said.

I never said I had trouble with it. I said C++ has gotten way complex and ugly. Software engineers thought, "Let's make it easier and faster and completely portable yet resembles C++!" So they created C# and Java to simplify the code. PHP is another example which I am very partial to.

I wrote software in Java in 1995 and abandoned it for performance issues. Don't believe it?

Java (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Python was NOT an option at that time. So, for maximum performance, I created the program in C++.

What's so confusing about it?

I never said I had trouble with it. I said C++ has gotten way complex and ugly. Software engineers thought, "Let's make it easier and faster and completely portable yet resembles C++!" So they created C# and Java to simplify the code. PHP is another example which I am very partial to.

I wrote software in Java in 1995 and abandoned it for performance issues. Don't believe it?

Python was NOT an option at that time. So, for maximum performance, I created the program in C++.

Your story still dont add up, seriously.

My story doesn't add up? Exactly why does it NOT add up?

Must be that guvmint funded schoolin' I only had one year of it myself

that's what I just said

I never said I had trouble with it. I said C++ has gotten way complex and ugly.
in other word.... you had trouble with it.

Software engineers thought, "Let's make it easier and faster and completely portable yet resembles C++!" So they created C# and Java to simplify the code. PHP is another example which I am very partial to.

C#? PHP? Now that's even more confusing. C# was around after 2001. and PHP was around 1995. Weren't we talking about your time in approximately 1995 when you were programming for complex search engine? :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back