5-Year-Old Wants Cochlear Implant for Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, no two are exactly alike but there is a continuing pattern of new members who are deaf or hoh who have made introductary threads talking how they feel left out or isolated among hearing people and how they hope to connect or make friends with others like them.

Why accept this gap between deaf people? Exposing all deaf children to ASL and the Deaf community would definitely make that gap much much smaller. Who makes the decision on whether they can interact with Deaf signers or not...the parents.

And I don't have to mention the issues of all the risks for language delays or deficits which is another problematic issue.

But there are deaf people here who say that they don't feel that way, too. But their experiences are dismissedevery bit as much as people say that hearing people dismiss yours.

If you'll look at post 190, I apologised for this.

I'll apologise again, I'm very sorry for this gross mistake.

I am not embarrassed to admit I made a mistake and will always own up to my errors by apologising.

No no no! Don't apologize, I wasn't meaning that at all!

I was simply responding to Jillio.

I completely didn't mean to imply that your apology wasn't enough, or that your were somehow at fault. Not at all! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

But there are deaf people here who say that they don't feel that way, too. But their experiences are dismissedevery bit as much as people say that hearing people dismiss yours.

:eek3:

FJ, just who are the Deaf people you are talking about and just who are the hearing people you are talking about?

I just have a feeling you are grasping at straws here now. Can you please focus on a subject we all can follow and understand?

No no no! Don't apologize, I wasn't meaning that at all!

I was simply responding to Jillio.

I completely didn't mean to imply that your apology wasn't enough, or that your were somehow at fault. Not at all! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding!

Okay, still I wanted to make sure you recognised my apology.

For a moment, I felt that you implied my apology wasn't enough and I had to reiterate it again to make sure.

Misunderstandings- a fallacy both the Deaf and hearing suffer from together! :laugh2:

:eek3:

FJ, just who are the Deaf people you are talking about and just who are the hearing people you are talking about?

I just have a feeling you are grasping at straws here now. Can you please focus on a subject we all can follow and understand?

The oral deaf people here have expressed frustration as being dismissed and told that they are "socially backward", that they can't read and are stunted because of their oral upbringing. Their positive experiences are dimissed, and they have said that they are uncomfortable sharing their experiences because of it.

Their deaf experience is being dismissed by Deaf people, because it is not what they believe. In fact, I will search for the post where Shel says that there are only two perspectives, the ASL-Deaf perspective and the hearing perspective. I don't believe that to be the case at all. I think there are MANY deaf and Deaf perspectives, and they are all equally valid.

Mod note:

Thread is closed... I don't think I need to explain why, but let me point this out to everyone here as reminder.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back