5 reasons to consider using a suppressor/silencer

I would love it if you could explain how does a silencer provides greater safety, ethical hunting and enhanced accuracy?

No hearing damage to people or animals around. They reduce muzzle flash and rise making followup shots faster and more accurate therefore also being more ethical to any wounded animal that needs to be quickly dispatched before it can run into the brush and disappear to die in the woods.

I would love it if you could explain how does a silencer provides greater safety, ethical hunting and enhanced accuracy?

Did you read the entire linked article?

Did you read the entire linked article?

Yes, I did and I can see where the accuracy comes in but the greater safety and ethical hunting is a stretch. If anything you would have unethical hunting because you are putting the person with the gun using a silencer at a distinct advantage over the game he is hunting since the animal can't hear the gun either and don't flee to keep from getting shot. It's no longer hunting it's basically shooting fish in a barrel.

Yes, I did and I can see where the accuracy comes in but the greater safety and ethical hunting is a stretch. If anything you would have unethical hunting because you are putting the person with the gun using a silencer at a distinct advantage over the game he is hunting since the animal can't hear the gun either and don't flee to keep from getting shot. It's no longer hunting it's basically shooting fish in a barrel.

that's your opinion and you don't have to use a silencer.

Spoken by someone who has never used a silencer or hunted. Don't take your facts from bad Hollywood movies. Trust me, a deer can hear you cock a gun at 50 yards away so I'm sure they'll hear the "silenced" gunshot from a lot further.

Besides, the "fair chase" mantra was something thought up to try and make hunting sound more PC. I hunt to feed my family so the only ethics I'm concerned with is staying safe, remaining within the law and making clean shots.

Should my bow have a speaker on it so every time I shoot it it yells "look out deer!"

A suppressor does not silence the shot... One might say it muffler it... But the TV version of an all put silent pop is a nice bit of fiction... If one is shooting close to people and can disrupt them you are an unethical hunter because if you can hear the shot you can get hit by the round thus you are endangering people.... The worry of the poor deers feelings... Well shot once kill instant and no worries there.... You have dinner and the deer has no worries, besides it is tastier that way...
The idea that a suppressor is more accurate again is false... It has an added and awkward weight to your weapon that is weird to compensate for.... The mechanics of a suppressor case the round to be slowed and can set the round spin off or even foul it...

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Not true at all... if you ever hunted, youll understand.

Spoken by someone who has never used a silencer or hunted. Don't take your facts from bad Hollywood movies. Trust me, a deer can hear you cock a gun at 50 yards away so I'm sure they'll hear the "silenced" gunshot from a lot further.

Besides, the "fair chase" mantra was something thought up to try and make hunting sound more PC. I hunt to feed my family so the only ethics I'm concerned with is staying safe, remaining within the law and making clean shots.

Should my bow have a speaker on it so every time I shoot it it yells "look out deer!"
A deer can hear you draw the bowstring too, even the arrow rub on the rest... dont under estimate a deer abilities.

Back