3 year old with cochears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

Beowulf said:
shel90 said:
Remember ASL is not a language considered as equal to English.

Unless apes do it. Then it is a new ballgame.

Ape can make sounds with their voice to communicate. (They also listen to commands by human too like "sit") ASL must be superior if they can communicate with us that way. A language in the majority by both humans and animals.

Last edited:
Thats the point... If you are making sure again and again that it doesn't hurt... and the child is still resisting, crying, throwing fits with the CI.... You still would continue. Sup with that?

So much for making a child feel inferior.

I told you that I don't believe it would happen. I believe it is short term, weeks perhaps, and most of the time doesn't involve crying and resisting, but simply just taking the devices off. So, my advice would be, put them back on, and don't make a big deal out of it.

I told you that I don't believe it would happen. I believe it is short term, weeks perhaps, and most of the time doesn't involve crying and resisting, but simply just taking the devices off. So, my advice would be, put them back on, and don't make a big deal out of it.

At least you admit that is what you believe.... Not much there is to do about that.

Wirelessly posted

Ape can make sounds with their voice to communicate. (They also listen to commands by human too like "sit") ASL must be superior if they can communicate with us that way. A language in the majority by both humans and animals.

Plus, an ape would never put up with a CI.

Plus, an ape would never put up with a CI.

fig_endbulbstudy03.jpg

I was vacuuming one day and accidentally sucked up the lamp cord showed my daughter what happened, started vacuuming again she tapped me on my leg and pointed behind as turned to look, she threw her aid in the way of the vacuum! I was really proud because for a 3 year old I thought that was just ingenious!!

LOL, that is pretty creative for a 3 year old!

I don't know...the message I am getting from the body language is, "Come here and let me scratch your eyes out!":laugh2:

I know plenty of cats who look exactly like that, regardless of hearing status! :giggle:

Boy have I missed a lot. I was the kid who sewed my HA's into my box springs (2 sets) and had the school janitor throw one set away.

Yes - I took needle and thread, and scissors, opened up the side of the box springs fabric, stitched the HA's to the fabric inside and then re-stitched the seam closed. I was 7 the 1st time I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back