3 year old with cochears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

faire_jour said:
deafgal001 said:
Believe me...a child would want shoes!

Wrong again. She would be perfectly happy in the snow without them.

Have you even tried letting her feel the snow with her feet ?

Last edited:
There is, though. As rational people, you and I can let those people who think that making a chart or resetting a CI program is child abuse that they are mistaken and are being offensive by suggesting such a thing. That type of ignorance about deafness and parenting-- or personal bias against an individual -- doesn't have to stand.

Wouldn't it have been nice if the OP received a rational answer rather than being blamed and chastised for pain some individuals here experienced a generation or two ago? That person might have returned again and again, becoming familiar with Deaf Culture, ASL, and all of us (if she is not already). Could have turned someone around rather than turned someone away.[/QUOTE]

Not again with that...
Why is it always deaf people's fault? Should we lie about the possibilities of the OP's issues with his/her child and sugarcoat it?

Why? If you know it doesn't hurt, how is it different form anything else a child might decide they don't want to wear?

In this very particular situation that the OP has brought here, do YOU know for a fact that the 3 YO's CI is not hurting in some way? No, you don't.

I am addressing the concern of the 3 YO here. I am not talking about what else they might decide they don't want to wear. I didn't bring socks and shoes into this.

In this very particular situation that the OP has brought here, do YOU know for a fact that the 3 YO's CI is not hurting in some way? No, you don't.

I am addressing the concern of the 3 YO here. I am not talking about what else they might decide they don't want to wear. I didn't bring socks and shoes into this.

Same. Its ridiculous how other meaningless items are brought up into the discussion.

That is why we said, again and again, to make sure it isn't.

Really???? Then programs incorporating it must be called 1/4-3/4 instead of bi-bi??:hmm:

Oh yea!!! Because the majority doesnt use ASL so we must follow the majority. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back