2009, I turn 30.

When i was 20's old and wild Party, what i want? I was always with my german friends out of my home in Berlin, drove to Hamburg or Munich or Cologne, where there do have a deafies Party. But now i am 33, so I feel like more relax and love to visit to my friend's home. I bring with my wine, there we can more chatting. But, i enjoy to memories of my old live.

I will be turning 30 in October.

I think I'm having some sort of mid-life crisis or something because I'm so NOT ready to give up my 20's. *pouting*

I think that's why when I'm 30, I want to do something drastic such as jump out of an airplane, go on a three-day hike in an exotic rainforest, ride a hot-air balloon, or even something simple as dying my hair hot pink and getting a tattoo. lol.

I understand, Southern. We're in the same boat. Or should I say airplane? ;)

I will be turning 30 in October.

I think I'm having some sort of mid-life crisis or something because I'm so NOT ready to give up my 20's. *pouting*

I think that's why when I'm 30, I want to do something drastic such as jump out of an airplane, go on a three-day hike in an exotic rainforest, ride a hot-air balloon, or even something simple as dying my hair hot pink and getting a tattoo. lol.

I understand, Southern. We're in the same boat. Or should I say airplane? ;)

thats why i love playing poker :) Keeps me feeling young :laugh2: Nothing like hitting a 3rd club on your flush draw to crack someones aces.

And i sure as hell wouldnt mind skydiving sometime, you up for it or you just saying that? hehe

Kinda jumping the gun, aren't you Southern? You are worrying about something that isn't even going to happen for over a year, and even at that, its not like you can do anything to prevent it. You are going to get older every day that you are alive. Instead of worrying so much about how much timehas passed, concentrate on all the time you still have to accomplish the things you want to accomplish. All this worrying is putting you in the position of not taking advantage of today because you are too concerned with what is coming a year from now.

BTW, why is 30 so much different that 29, or 28, or 27? I can tell you from experience...its just a number. Don't attach too much significance to it.

I concur. I'll be turning 31 in a few weeks (8/24). 30 feels no different than 29 and i'm pretty sure 31 won't feel too much different from 30. My biological clock ain't even ticking anymore so i'm not stressing about it.

On the plus side, most of my co-workers think i'm like 23. :D

That is me too, people say i look younger than what i am. Good genes, both my syblings are the same.

Kinda jumping the gun, aren't you Southern? You are worrying about something that isn't even going to happen for over a year, and even at that, its not like you can do anything to prevent it. You are going to get older every day that you are alive. Instead of worrying so much about how much timehas passed, concentrate on all the time you still have to accomplish the things you want to accomplish. All this worrying is putting you in the position of not taking advantage of today because you are too concerned with what is coming a year from now.

BTW, why is 30 so much different that 29, or 28, or 27? I can tell you from experience...its just a number. Don't attach too much significance to it.

No trying to be prepared. My family is a family of planners. It is only a year. If i was 23 and saying it yeah, but only a year and a half away? na i dont think it is jumping the gun. Also I set a goal for myself, I havent accomplished it yet. The finish line is in sight and i want to get there with my dreams.

No trying to be prepared. My family is a family of planners. It is only a year. If i was 23 and saying it yeah, but only a year and a half away? na i dont think it is jumping the gun. Also I set a goal for myself, I havent accomplished it yet. The finish line is in sight and i want to get there with my dreams.

And what is the worst that could happen if you don't meet your deadline by age 30? You change the deadline. No biggie.would reaching your goal be so much different if you do it at age 30 years, 5 days? Or 31 years? Time frames are approximate. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.
How do you plan for being 30? What huge changes are you expecting turning 30 to bring into your life? Trust me, one day you will be 29, and the next you will be 30. There is no magical change that happens just by the fact of getting another day older.

And what is the worst that could happen if you don't meet your deadline by age 30? You change the deadline. No biggie.would reaching your goal be so much different if you do it at age 30 years, 5 days? Or 31 years? Time frames are approximate. Don't put so much pressure on yourself.
How do you plan for being 30? What huge changes are you expecting turning 30 to bring into your life? Trust me, one day you will be 29, and the next you will be 30. There is no magical change that happens just by the fact of getting another day older.

Southern, I have to agree with this. I had my whole life planned out on what I will accomplish by the time I turn 30. I planned on having my college degree, having my career, owning a house, and starting a family around that age with my ex hubby. What happened was I got pregnant unexpectly during college, marriage fell apart by the time I was 28 and at 30, I was broke and single looking for a full time job. Right there, I had to change my plans...Now, I dont even make plans..just go with the flow cuz I know anything can change so fast anytime.

Perhaps my 31st year of life will be an adventure for me after all. I am planning to relocate to southern California (hopefully within the next year) so i'm looking forward to driving cross country with a couple of my best girlfriends to support me. Cost of gas will be crazy expensive but i believe the experience will be worth it. Who knows? We might just re-enact a couple of scenes from 'Thelma and Louise' (minus driving the car over the canyon).:giggle:

Southern, I have to agree with this. I had my whole life planned out on what I will accomplish by the time I turn 30. I planned on having my college degree, having my career, owning a house, and starting a family around that age with my ex hubby. What happened was I got pregnant unexpectly during college, marriage fell apart by the time I was 28 and at 30, I was broke and single looking for a full time job. Right there, I had to change my plans...Now, I dont even make plans..just go with the flow cuz I know anything can change so fast anytime.

Agreed. Life is full of unexpected occurrances and change. If you don't learn to go with the flow, and adapt to life's circumstances, you will end up being terribly neurotic and spending your life in a therapist's office.

Perhaps my 31st year of life will be an adventure for me after all. I am planning to relocate to southern California (hopefully within the next year) so i'm looking forward to driving cross country with a couple of my best girlfriends to support me. Cost of gas will be crazy expensive but i believe the experience will be worth it. Who knows? We might just re-enact a couple of scenes from 'Thelma and Louise' (minus driving the car over the canyon).:giggle:

Good for you! Life can be an adventure if you let it. Get too rigid and concerned with what is appropriate at what age, and you will miss out on life's adventures.

We always have to find a way for us to be happy when we get older. We just try not to think about our age. It is not really necessary for our accomplishment. I have thought of the "accomplishments" a couple of years ago. We are human being.

Yes, you are right that it would be great for you to have your own nice and comfortable small house with a nice backyard so that you would keep you busy on a garden and flowers. It does nothing to do with being a man to plant the flowers. Many men love to creative for their own property. You will be proud to be a house owner, especially no more landlord's "nag" for the rental bills. ;)

Perhaps, some spoiled girls want go after you because you own a house. lol Be careful! I know some people in my area. I am not saying a negative, but I see the pros and cons. I am certain that you will be fine. Nothing is perfect. Just do what you want to with your life, and don't let the girls to cross your line. Be wise and absolute no f..king drinking involved in your own house.

Back