2 year old smoker!

Babyblue

Reaction score
2-Year-Old is World's
Youngest Smoker?

(MYFOX NATIONAL) - A 2-year-old in China may be the world's youngest smoker.

News.com.au reports that Tong Liangliang's father taught the toddler how to smoke as a way of dealing with the pain from a hernia, which he was born with. Since Liangliang is too young to undergo an operation, his dad is having him smoke a pack of cigarettes a day.

But now the child is reportedly hooked. If he doesn't get his fix, he throws a tantrum.

"The father wasn't aware how serious the toddler's habit had become until the child began to increase the number of cigarettes he smoked per day," Chinese news agency CRI said.

Studies have shown that nicotine relieves pain, but Liangliang's dad might be able to consult a less harmful method of relief. Chili peppers have also proven to alleviate pain after surgery.

2-Year-Old is World's Youngest Smoker?

Oh no!! Sheesh what in the heck was the father thinking. He should have found some other alternative than have the child to smoke! Now the poor kid is hooked! The childs little lungs will be damaged! Relieving one medical problem to create another one! *smh*

IDIOT!!

Oh my!!!! My son is 3 years old...cant imagine him trying to smoke! Poor kid now has a nicotine addiction.

HELL NO! That's totally WRONG to give 2 years old a smoke!! SHAME SHAME!!! He may have a short life! :(

Wow!....wonder if the child inhales the smoke?...I can understand parents doing almost anything to help their child who is in pain....but smoking?....

How does smoking help you deal with pain?

I've always considered/thought that people who smoke do it because of boredom....nerves...thinking it makes them "look cool"....it's a bad "habit"!

Thats hard to picture a 2 years old smoking. that is so unusal. hope this kid gets rid of it.

:jaw: Geez! What is the idiot of child's father think! Cigarette is BADDDDDDDDD for everyone! My dad was smoker and not allow me to smoke at young age. I did try smoke at age 14. It taste terrible and stink! My dad was diagnosed of lung cancer. He was dying for 6 months later he died. Thank to cigarette's killer people! I am anti-smoking. Smoking isn't COOL! I don't mean to judge on other whom smoking. Just aware of health risk!

I agree with u Pinky, smoking does nothing to improve one's health.

Wow!....wonder if the child inhales the smoke?...I can understand parents doing almost anything to help their child who is in pain....but smoking?....

How does smoking help you deal with pain?

I've always considered/thought that people who smoke do it because of boredom....nerves...thinking it makes them "look cool"....it's a bad "habit"!

Nicotine helps to block the pain receptors in the brain. Also, chronic pain causes anxiety, and the nicotine helps to relieve the axiety. Greater anxiety causes less tolerance to pain. It's a circular thing.

My father was a smoker from a young age. He had terrible emphysema by 55 years and was very slowed down and weak.

He died in a car crash, but would have died by about 60 from the smoking otherwise.

No wonder my husband needs to smoke when he is sick or in pain. Now, it makes sense.

My father was a smoker from a young age. He had terrible emphysema by 55 years and was very slowed down and weak.

He died in a car crash, but would have died by about 60 from the smoking otherwise.

My grandpa died of emphysema from smoking. My grandparents died of cancer from smoking. My concern about smoking cause health risk. My dad wasn't eat health enough. He had high cholesterol and high blood pressure. That's why I don't follow my dad's side family and my mom's brother and aunt died of heart attack by smoke. Thank god I don't smoker! Whew!

I agree with u Pinky, smoking does nothing to improve one's health.

Thank you. No wonder why smoking is help reduce the chronic pain and anxiety. Jillio said that. It's easy to get addict and hard to quit. My husband is smoker. He want to quit smoking. It take his time. he respected my wish not to smoke in my apt. He can smoke outside. It's not good to push on him to quit. It will make him stress easy. I am not surprise the cigarette pack is high about 5 dollar over. It help people to quit smoke. That's so hard!

Nicotine helps to block the pain receptors in the brain. Also, chronic pain causes anxiety, and the nicotine helps to relieve the axiety. Greater anxiety causes less tolerance to pain. It's a circular thing.

If the child is in dire need for nicotine for pain. Then why not resort to other nicotine methods, such as nicotine gum, patch or any other for of medication.

If the child is in dire need for nicotine for pain. Then why not resort to other nicotine methods, such as nicotine gum, patch or any other for of medication.

I am sure they could get better pain reliever and anti anxiety more safely than nicotine.

Probably because those, along with more traditional therapies for pain relief, aren't available in a rural area of China. If they were, it would seem that they would have had the hernia surgically repaired.

Probably because those, along with more traditional therapies for pain relief, aren't available in a rural area of China. If they were, it would seem that they would have had the hernia surgically repaired.

Just so sad, and ridiculous, that the parents resorted for the child to smoke.

I hope a doctor sees this and volunteer to help this child, to get adequate help. Repair the hernia, and give him the proper pain management.

because smoking, will eventually ruin this childs little lungs!! and create other issues.

Just so sad, and ridiculous, that the parents resorted for the child to smoke.

I hope a doctor sees this and volunteer to help this child, to get adequate help. Repair the hernia, and give him the proper pain management.

because smoking, will eventually ruin this childs little lungs!! and create other issues.

Agreed. The child needs medical attention. Shame that the parents had to resort to the only thing they could find.

Agreed. The child needs medical attention. Shame that the parents had to resort to the only thing they could find.

Now it has been made public. Hopefully the child will get the help he/she needs.

But if this happened in the U.S. The parents would have been charged with child endangerment.

But seeing this being in a foreign country. I do not know the laws or the type of medical care available to this child. but I can only imagine.

Back