2% positive on welfare drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't sound correct because you don't understand the nature of addiction vs. dependence.:cool2:

So, since these tests target drug use only, it is okay if the individual goes through a 12 pack and a pint on a daily basis?

so you are sticking with "if someone is addicted, they can't go without their drug of choice for even a day" then?

I haven't found anyone who believes that to be true.

so you are sticking with "if someone is addicted, they can't go without their drug of choice for even a day" then?

because....... they're dead :roll:

would you like me to ask my best friend? He has done medical rotation on addicts. All I can say is that you have not a single idea of what you're talking about :dunno:

I agree with sequoias on that.

jillio

I have enough of your words. You don't believe me so stop prove me wrong.

IF you learn to hang with bad people you will find more info than you can find on this.

AND I don't do DRUGS. Those people who moving to Texas are " Friend of Friend" on Facebook which I can see their statues.

They didn't say about drugs but when I notice why more people want moving
to Texas before Florida post new law which that made sense to ME.

HOW I KNOW they on drug by look their teeth. This group I see are 20-30 years old. They keep their mouth TIGHT shut.

Here picture what I saw their teeth. http://www.primehealthchannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Meth-Mouth-Photos-300x225.jpg

You can see people how they look in 2 years. This guy I know for LONG TIME was used to look neat clean no spots on skin. Couple years later OH HOLY it wasn't same one I see. Look like he been sick VERY PALE. When I talk to his Dad. His Dad say It was very sad that he was in drug and in Rehab now.

Faces of meth | OregonLive.com

If someone is addicted, they can't go without their drug of choice for even a day. So your conclusion just doesn't hold water. Additionally, urine tests are reliable and valid for detecting some substances for up to 45 days. Again, blows your conclusions out of the water.

Do you have any idea how much hair follicle testing costs?

SO you know MORE than I do? I had these former friends who tell me they can quit drug for at least 1 to 2 weeks then back that when they tried to get job though my work. They success that then they back to drug so my Boss fired them for not work everyday.

How I know cause they don't had CAR and beg me to drive them in Detroit on 7 mile rd. They Lied to me. They told me they need that medical for their Mom.

Well are you English/Grammar NAZI ? Keep that to yourself.:wave:

Banjo

You can see them on drugs. My former friends who I walk away from them. They ever told me how they cheat drug tests. You could see their skin, eye, teeth, weak, and lazy.

And couple months ago when Florida's Governor thinking make new law on welfare for drug test. First thing I see on Facebook see those people say We moving to Texas or back to their home where they don't have drug tests.

If it was me I would have pick drug test that involved use your hair.

http://www.google.com/url?url=http:...1lZTt3mMonb0QHXtYnJDA&ved=0CD0QygQwAA&cad=rja

They do not pass the drug test. The drug test comes back inconclusive. Meaning they can not prove that they are on drugs because they drank some herb tea or took something that cleans out the urine. So their urine is manipulated. That shows up on the drug test as well. I knew some people that did that and got busted eventually.

I agree with sequoias on that.

jillio

I have enough of your words. You don't believe me so stop prove me wrong.

IF you learn to hang with bad people you will find more info than you can find on this.

AND I don't do DRUGS. Those people who moving to Texas are " Friend of Friend" on Facebook which I can see their statues.

They didn't say about drugs but when I notice why more people want moving
to Texas before Florida post new law which that made sense to ME.

HOW I KNOW they on drug by look their teeth. This group I see are 20-30 years old. They keep their mouth TIGHT shut.

Here picture what I saw their teeth. http://www.primehealthchannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Meth-Mouth-Photos-300x225.jpg

You can see people how they look in 2 years. This guy I know for LONG TIME was used to look neat clean no spots on skin. Couple years later OH HOLY it wasn't same one I see. Look like he been sick VERY PALE. When I talk to his Dad. His Dad say It was very sad that he was in drug and in Rehab now.

Faces of meth | OregonLive.com

You can not always judge people by their teeth or looks on their face.

I sunk into a deep depression once and lost over 30 lbs in a month due to me not eating anything!! People accused me of being on drugs... They were wrong. I was not on drugs, I was depressed and did not eat, sleep and I withdrew from people. I also broke out with acne since I lost so much vitamins and minerals from not eating. I look real bad..at that time.

It was NOT from drugs.. It was from being depressed. You can not assume people by their looks. You do not know their health issues or their background.

SO you know MORE than I do? I had these former friends who tell me they can quit drug for at least 1 to 2 weeks then back that when they tried to get job though my work. They success that then they back to drug so my Boss fired them for not work everyday.

How I know cause they don't had CAR and beg me to drive them in Detroit on 7 mile rd. They Lied to me. They told me they need that medical for their Mom.

that's it? you're an expert on this subject because couple of friends?

oh child.... you have much to learn...

You can not always judge people by their teeth or looks on their face.

I sunk into a deep depression once and lost over 30 lbs in a month due to me not eating anything!! People accused me of being on drugs... They were wrong. I was not on drugs, I was depressed and did not eat, sleep and I withdrew from people. I also broke out with acne since I lost so much vitamins and minerals from not eating. I look real bad..at that time.

It was NOT from drugs.. It was from being depressed. You can not assume people by their looks. You do not know their health issues or their background.

THEN WHY that people's Dad say he was on drug so I know.

I had several friends who was in depression they would text me at midnight I want kill myself or want more drugs. They text me the word "DRUG" that how I know they on drug.

that's it? you're an expert on this subject because couple of friends?

oh child.... you have much to learn...

Jiro

Come to Michigan you will find amazing stuff that young adults do. How that made sad when they say I want MORE DRUGS while they laugh at you.

That is incorrect. Love you to death, Sequoias, but that just isn't the reality of the situation. It is just what you have been led to believe.

Nope. Have you been close to the people who do drugs? I don't think you have. I've seen it myself in the past but I don't do drugs. I just witness the general population in Seattle and some in Des Moines, Waterloo, Iowa, etc. You will be surprised what people actually do.

The stats don't prove anything. The experience you have gone thru will. A college degree doesn't show anything on the depth of the experience, the experience you go thru does make a difference.

It's just another case of politicians appearing to address an issue without implementing viable solutions while depending on possibly faulty statistics (which can be, and often are, made up) to justify implementing them. Conservatives can appear to be "tough on welfare fraud" while not actually doing much while their Liberal opponents can whinge about it and promise to stop what the Conservatives are doing just to get votes. In the end, it's the people who get screwed - those who need assistance get hassled, and the taxpayer gets stuck with the bill.

Don't get me started on our governor and his hench-cronies. I love how people who cannot relate to being "poor" (I don't buy into the "I grew up the hard way" palaver - people lose touch with their roots) always have a solution for them. And said solution always involves some sort of harassment for the law-abiding while providing the crooks with yet another system to skirt and more victims.

And Conservatives? Just because someone ran a business doesn't make him a better choice for public office. Especially if his business dealings are still under a cloud of suspicion.

everyone knows all the coke fiends work on wallstreet

Or in the legal system. Or the medical profession, or one of the other white color professions. It is a white collar drug of abuse. Crack is the cheap version of cocaine, and is considered to be the low income version. That is why penalties for possessing, using, and distributing crack are much more severe than those for powder cocaine. Even though it is the same drug. It is the social construction of our drug laws create more severe penalites for the poor than for the well to do.

The proposal to urine test anyone applying for assistance is just another indication of that stratification and is indicative of what is wrong in our society.

Well, start toughen up drug testing for everyone who applies for a job. I just don't like how politicians pick on poor people too much. Not all jobs require drug tests.

It's just another case of politicians appearing to address an issue without implementing viable solutions while depending on possibly faulty statistics (which can be, and often are, made up) to justify implementing them. Conservatives can appear to be "tough on welfare fraud" while not actually doing much while their Liberal opponents can whinge about it and promise to stop what the Conservatives are doing just to get votes. In the end, it's the people who get screwed - those who need assistance get hassled, and the taxpayer gets stuck with the bill.

Don't get me started on our governor and his hench-cronies. I love how people who cannot relate to being "poor" (I don't buy into the "I grew up the hard way" palaver - people lose touch with their roots) always have a solution for them. And said solution always involves some sort of harassment for the law-abiding while providing the crooks with yet another system to skirt and more victims.

And Conservatives? Just because someone ran a business doesn't make him a better choice for public office. Especially if his business dealings are still under a cloud of suspicion.

Bingo. It provides the unsuspecting public, who have accepted these stereotypes presented by the politicians without ever looking at the facts, with a false sense of security. People are being played, and are not only accepting that, they are participating in it.

Nope. Have you been close to the people who do drugs? I don't think you have. I've seen it myself in the past but I don't do drugs. I just witness the general population in Seattle and some in Des Moines, Waterloo, Iowa, etc. You will be surprised what people actually do.

The stats don't prove anything. The experience you have gone thru will. A college degree doesn't show anything on the depth of the experience, the experience you go thru does make a difference.

Sweetie, I treat those people.:cool2: I am amongst them all the time. I do evaluations for our local jails. I have had clients die from their addicitons; I have had family members die from their addictions; I have had friends completely ruin their lives from addiciton. And none of them were welfare recipients. The people packing treatment centers are not welfare recipients. Try to get an uninsured or underinsured person into any treatment center, much less one like the Betty Ford Center. The middle class and weathy people that end up in treatment are addicts. They have managed to remain addicted long enough to run their lives right into the ground. Why? Because no one suspects them of drug addiction or alcoholism. They aren't poor, black, or urban. And the chance that they will relapse, and end up back in treatment several times over their lifespan is about 90%. That is the bulk of your drug using population.

Really, America needs to wake up and realize they are chasing ghosts. The problems with drug and alcohol addicition in this country will never get better until people start addressing the issue where it really lies.

Here is a fact on the poor, urban, black drug abuser. They are several times more likely to die from their drug abuse than is a middle class, white, suburbanite. Why? They can't afford treatment. They are thrown to the wolves because they are expendable.

You really don't want me to get on a rant about this.

Bingo. It provides the unsuspecting public, who have accepted these stereotypes presented by the politicians without ever looking at the facts, with a false sense of security. People are being played, and are not only accepting that, they are participating in it.

I seem to recall some of Trump's dealings were being questioned and could be deemed questionable yet people would have voted for him anyway. It seems that if you trump Republican values loudly enough, people will look the other way if your shady dealings come to the light.

Sweetie, I treat those people.:cool2: I am amongst them all the time. I do evaluations for our local jails. I have had clients die from their addicitons; I have had family members die from their addictions; I have had good friends completely ruin their lives from addiciton. And none of them were welfare recipients. The people packing treatment centers are not welfare recipients. Try to get an uninsured or underinsured person into any treatment center, much less one like the Betty Ford Center. The middle class and weathy people that end up in treatment are addicts. They have managed to remain addicted long enough to run their lives right into the ground. Why? Because no one suspects them of drug addiction or alcoholism. They aren't poor, black, or urban. And the chance that they will relapse, and end up back in treatment several times over their lifespan is about 90%. That is the bulk of your drug using population.

Really, America needs to wake up and realize they are chasing ghosts. The problems with drug and alcohol addicition in this country will never get better until people start addressing the issue where it really lies.

Well, you have been closer to those people than I have. Yes, it is very difficult to get people to a reputable treatment center that will get them sober. Lot of people don't make it and repeat where they have left off. I've seen a few people don't get off drugs. The only way is to stop is they WANT help to stop, not the people at the treatment center, pretty much.

If you haven't found anyone who believes that to be true, it is only an indication that you are either talking to people who have the same misconceptions you do, or you are misunderstanding the response you get. You obviously have misunderstood several of mine as a result of your misconceptions.

There is a difference between addiction, dependance, and abuse. I guess you still don't get it. Drug tests don't only target the addict.

And no, it is a feature of the addiction that one cannot go without their drug for an extended period of time. Their body goes into withdrawal.

Someone who is dependent will go for short periods when they have to, but will go back to using at the first opportunity.

And abuser can go without their substance for an extended period of time. However, when they use, they do so to the extreme.

Get it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back