“text to voice” and “voice to text” services

apc22

Reaction score
I have been looking for a “text to voice” service that can be used with a blackberry. I have also tried to find a “voice to text” service that hearing people can use to phone me and leave a text message on my blackberry. I do not have a “text to voice” or “voice to text” service. Can you tell us about the “text to voice” or “voice to text” service you use?
Here are some services that I have found, but I do not know about them.....
Voice to text
DictoMail …more money than I have to spend ($49.95 a month)
Phonewire … more money than I have to spend ($49.95 a month)
Simulscribe … maybe?
SpinVox … not in United States

text to voice
fido … maybe?
Imbot … looks like this is for somebody who uses 1000’s of messages? Not for a person who sends 10 messages a week?

Thank You

I never really need these things. I just tell people to send me a text message or email. It's simple and cheaper that way.

I never really need these things. I just tell people to send me a text message or email. It's simple and cheaper that way.

Yea I agree since most cell phones come with text messenging. I am SO grateful for that!!!

OR use like 10 digitals with @vtext.com or different u can email them from your blackberry pager too I had did that many times lol and it works from my tmobile pager to verizon and sprint cell phone ;)

There's also IP Relay or i711 for Blackberry's and you can get a number from each for hearing people to use to call you.

Thank you everyone for the information. Maybe the "toll-free i711 Call Me number" is the "voice to text" solution I have been looking for. I read that with i711 I can give a toll free number to my doctor, dentist, friends and school so they can contact me directly. I will try i711. Thank you.

SimulScribe is great for me because I don't get that many voicemails per month (although they do have a plan for heavy users). So I pay $9.95 for 40 messages per month and $0.25 for every message there after. www.SimulScribe.com

A TTY manufacturer had consulted me on the marketability of a device like this years ago. I said it would be great to do it even though the marketability is very low. However there were strong elements within the deaf community opposed to such a device. And I believe the interpreter organizations were behind the opposition.

Richard

well... all wireless carries have increase cost on text-message. It would be too much for hearing to receive/sent text-msg.

Dictomail?

I've been doing good with dictomail
Mark, I am interested in more information about Dictomail and would like to correspond with you more in detail. Specifically, I am wondering about the accuracy of the message. I would use this service for my small business as a replacement for my answering service. May I hear from you? CharlieRoto.

I pay 5$/month for voice-to-text messaging via my carrier ( hosted by spinvox)

I have friends and family who flat out can't "get" that I can't understand their voicemails, and don't want to both with email/texting ... so it works - it's also good for drs appointments etc who call to leave reminders (and can't figure out relay lol )

Back