AllDeaf.com
Mobile - Perks - Advertise - Spy - Who Quoted Me  
Go Back   AllDeaf.com > Deaf Community > Current Events > War & Political News
LIKE AllDeaf on Facebook FOLLOW AllDeaf on Twitter
Like Tree38Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
JFK and Mimi Alford

JFK and 19-year-old White House intern Mimi Alford.

Quote:
In television interviews, a much older Mimi Alpert now admits that she was not "guilty" about being "overpowered" by a man 25 years her senior. True, he was married, but he was "handsome," and the "president" and she describes him as having expertly maneuvered her into bed. Yes, she could have screamed out but then what?
JFK And 19-year-old White House Intern Mimi Alford -- A Truly Shameful Revelation | Fox News

__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Alt Today
All Deaf

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on AllDeaf.com
   
Unread 02-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,504
RIP, JFK.

Not going to do any mudslinging here for a man long since deceased.
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Yet, at the same time revelatory. I heard about the Miss Monroe thing but this?
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Beach girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: northern Virginia in winter; NC in summer
Posts: 3,760
The only surprising thing is that Mimi Alford has decided to write a book about it now. I guess it's something she wanted to have known, in the twilight of her own life, that she once had an affair with "the Camelot President."

It used to be that women would keep quiet out of shame and/or discretion, and wanting to keep their own reputations unsullied. Now there is more willingness to go public and let people know what happened.

I won't judge her for the telling of it. I hope she gets the closure she must have wanted.
Beach girl is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach girl View Post
The only surprising thing is that Mimi Alford has decided to write a book about it now. I guess it's something she wanted to have known, in the twilight of her own life, that she once had an affair with "the Camelot President."

It used to be that women would keep quiet out of shame and/or discretion, and wanting to keep their own reputations unsullied. Now there is more willingness to go public and let people know what happened.

I won't judge her for the telling of it. I hope she gets the closure she must have wanted.
Probably so.

It just goes to show that even JFK had skeletons in his closet. It does bring up the question if he really was a womanizer going behind the back of Jackie O.
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Beach girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: northern Virginia in winter; NC in summer
Posts: 3,760
Oh of course he was. That part was no secret even back in the day.
Beach girl is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
rockin'robin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 18,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach girl View Post
The only surprising thing is that Mimi Alford has decided to write a book about it now. I guess it's something she wanted to have known, in the twilight of her own life, that she once had an affair with "the Camelot President."

It used to be that women would keep quiet out of shame and/or discretion, and wanting to keep their own reputations unsullied. Now there is more willingness to go public and let people know what happened.

I won't judge her for the telling of it. I hope she gets the closure she must have wanted.
Right on....shux...lots of people have a history to tell...but some things are better left unsaid.....BUT...an affair with the President?....now that's a humdinger!....and it's News...good or bad!....

Haven't read the book but saw the news about it.....and from what I've read he was a "stud" in the bedroom....after all, Marilyn Monroe said so!

Don't believe it's gonna "sully" her reputation, or even Kennedy's....it's a well-known fact he was a ladies man, married or not....some women are probably gonna say..."OH!...wish that would have happened to me!"....(me too!)...
rockin'robin is online now  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach girl View Post
Oh of course he was. That part was no secret even back in the day.
Yes, but I'm talking about the depth and depravity he went. How far did he go with that? But a 19 year old intern? Talk about taking advantage.
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Beach girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: northern Virginia in winter; NC in summer
Posts: 3,760
You know I go to the Kennedy Center a lot for different programs. We have season tickets for ballet. And I stop in the gift shop every so often. Right now they are selling a line of jewelry that is good-quality replicas of pieces that JFK gave to Jackie. And my first thought was "Ick...who would want to buy jewelry that was probably given as a fake apology for fooling around on her?"

Creeps me out, actually. But I guess people are buying the stuff.
Beach girl is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
VacationGuy234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
Probably so.

It just goes to show that even JFK had skeletons in his closet. It does bring up the question if he really was a womanizer going behind the back of Jackie O.
I don't think this is a question at all. Why would anyone be surprised that a popular, good looking, powerful person has an active social/sex life?

And, I don't buy into the notion that the women who marry them are blind sided by these things. IMO, they know the score and understand it when they marry that type of person. There are exceptions, but really, I don't think women are that naive. By the same token, popular, good looking, women do the same thing.

If you read the Jerry Lewis book, "Dean and Me" he writes that his wife knew the score, but what she didn't appreciate was the fact that he let it get out he was screwing around and it made her look like an idiot. He agreed and said she was right. I'm sure Hillary Clinton and the wife of New Gingrich feel the same way.
__________________
Got Emacs?
VacationGuy234 is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
Yes, but I'm talking about the depth and depravity he went. How far did he go with that? But a 19 year old intern? Talk about taking advantage.
you think JFK is deeply depraved?

Oh wait, this is a Fox News article. Pffft. Never mind.
DeafCaroline is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by VacationGuy234 View Post
I don't think this is a question at all. Why would anyone be surprised that a popular, good looking, powerful person has an active social/sex life?

And, I don't buy into the notion that the women who marry them are blind sided by these things. IMO, they know the score and understand it when they marry that type of person. There are exceptions, but really, I don't think women are that naive. By the same token, popular, good looking, women do the same thing.

If you read the Jerry Lewis book, "Dean and Me" he writes that his wife knew the score, but what she didn't appreciate was the fact that he let it get out he was screwing around and it made her look like an idiot. He agreed and said she was right. I'm sure Hillary Clinton and the wife of New Gingrich feel the same way.
Riding the coat tails as they say.
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
you think JFK is deeply depraved?

Oh wait, this is a Fox News article. Pffft. Never mind.
Going behind the wife and screw around other women, yes, I'd say that's deeply depraved. No? You don't think so?
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 44,569
It's very disappointing and disgusting how some men behave. I would never have any interest in reading books by or about philanderers.

I also wonder about the veracity of tell-all books that are written after the other party has died and can't refute anything.

It's a mess from all angles.
shel90 likes this.
Reba is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba View Post
It's very disappointing and disgusting how some men behave. I would never have any interest in reading books by or about philanderers.

I also wonder about the veracity of tell-all books that are written after the other party has died and can't refute anything.

It's a mess from all angles.
Point take, however.
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Beach girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: northern Virginia in winter; NC in summer
Posts: 3,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafCaroline View Post
you think JFK is deeply depraved?

Oh wait, this is a Fox News article. Pffft. Never mind.
So you won't be buying the book, then?

I will definitely be watching NBC's interview with her tonight. I think it's interesting to see how social commentary has changed. Back in the 60's, if a girl had sex with an older man, she was assumed to be the "slut" and "the homewrecker" and so forth. Now (and rightly so) there is at least as much scorn for the man involved, if not more so.

Mimi Alford now is of an age where this scandal is not going to hurt her so-called "chances" in life. She got married, had children, now is a grandmother. Had she gone public with her story back then, she absolutely would have been ostracized in her social circles. She was mentioned, briefly and not by name, in historian Robert Dalleck's book, "An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy 1917 - 1963." Reporters managed to track her down and she was quoted as saying she wanted to tell her story in her own way.

So now she has.
Beach girl is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,921
OLD news.
Newt Gingrich is depraved.
THAT is current news, so run with it.
shel90 likes this.
__________________
.
Beowulf is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 202
This is a good example of liberal biased Media back in 60s. This is how liberalism in the media got started. Supposed JFK was running for President in 1952 And this came up? You think the Media would hush hush on this? Well they sure didnt stay quiet when Herman Cain was campaigning. The mainstream media protect Democrats even when they commit a scandal. Yeah i know MONICA LEWINSKY! But Where was the main stream media while it was going on during Clinton re-election campaign? When George W Bush was campaigning the Boston Globe reporter reported his DWI arrest when he was a teenager. And the one on Bush re-election campaign Dan Rather reported a false AWOL memo to help John Kerry get elected. Even back in the 60s Republicans got no help from the media. But they help democrats just like they went easy on Obamas friends like Ayers and his Pastor Wright. Now suppose a republican candidate best friend is the Grand Dragon? Youll have over 200 reporters at his house.
SteveMcGarrett is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMcGarrett View Post
This is a good example of liberal biased Media back in 60s. This is how liberalism in the media got started. Supposed JFK was running for President in 1952 And this came up? You think the Media would hush hush on this? Well they sure didnt stay quiet when Herman Cain was campaigning. The mainstream media protect Democrats even when they commit a scandal. Yeah i know MONICA LEWINSKY! But Where was the main stream media while it was going on during Clinton re-election campaign? When George W Bush was campaigning the Boston Globe reporter reported his DWI arrest when he was a teenager. And the one on Bush re-election campaign Dan Rather reported a false AWOL memo to help John Kerry get elected. Even back in the 60s Republicans got no help from the media. But they help democrats just like they went easy on Obamas friends like Ayers and his Pastor Wright. Now suppose a republican candidate best friend is the Grand Dragon? Youll have over 200 reporters at his house.
It wasn't false. Bush was AWOL.
__________________
.
Beowulf is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,340
My very first election to vote in was during JFK and I knew he was terrible from his days as a congressman. I scream at my parents because they voted for him only because he was a Catholic. Shade of today's people voting for a person because of one and only one character. I have long said JFK is the worst president America has had. It is all based on he was the one who got the snowballs rolling down the hill and America has been going down the toilet ever day after his election.
rolling7 is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 202
Strike that Post! cause members dont like it,,Sorry
SteveMcGarrett is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Retired Terp
 
Reba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 44,569
Reba is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
kokonut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 16,054
Man, that's bad.

JFK does not deserve that at all. No presidents deserve that.
__________________
Oh, goody. She's gone. No sign of her. Oh, yeahhhhh! And him, too. Sweet!

Man, what a total mess. What a big fail. I am just laughing at it all. Gotta have sense of humor in life.


Paranoia much? Run to Mama then.
kokonut is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 202
Maybe so ok? People are sick n tired of the way politics is today. Ameruica needs to go back to the days before the 20th century. Did you know not one of these taxes excisted before 20th century

Sales Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
Dog License Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Social Security Tax
Service Charge Tax
Fishing License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Building Permit Tax
IRS Interest Charges
Hunting License Tax
Marriage License Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Personal Property Tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Not one of these Taxes excisted before 20th century
SteveMcGarrett is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
AlleyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In my time zone
Posts: 11,504
And you actually blame that on JFK? Otay.
DeafCaroline likes this.
AlleyCat is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
TWA
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMcGarrett View Post
And thank GOD Oswald took care of him
Thanks for posting that. Here is definitive proof of what kind of person you are. Can't imagine your stay here will be much longer tolerated. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, jackass.
TWA is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 202
Look,,People were not bitching back in 1880s. In fact it was very easy get a job and pay for a home back before 1900s ever started. Did you know you can sell food on the street during the 1800s without getting a permit. Look neighbors call cops on kids selling lemonade because they dont have a permit. Thats dumb!
SteveMcGarrett is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
TWA
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMcGarrett View Post
Look,,People were not bitching back in 1880s. In fact it was very easy get a job and pay for a home back before 1900s ever started. Did you know you can sell food on the street during the 1800s without getting a permit. Look neighbors call cops on kids selling lemonade because they dont have a permit. Thats dumb!
Here's an idea: maybe the all-knowing, all-powerful Newt can invent a time machine and the two of you can go back to the good ol days together.
TWA is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 202
Id would love those Days




SteveMcGarrett is offline  
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered User
 
DeafCaroline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonut View Post
Going behind the wife and screw around other women, yes, I'd say that's deeply depraved. No? You don't think so?
No, I don't think so. I do think the act of cheating itself is wrong but wouldn't go so far as to say everyone who cheated are depraved.
DeafCaroline is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Join AllDeaf on Facebook!    Follow us on Twitter!

AllDeaf proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2002-2014, AllDeaf.com. All Rights Reserved.