What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out last night that my Dad was in the ICU. He had a bleeder in his GI tract and was given transfusions, plasma, etc. He lost a LOT of blood. He made it through the night and is getting 75 cc/hour via IV, according to my sister. He is alert and was sitting up in a chair when she left. For a guy aged 90, he is a tough bird. I plan on seeing him tomorrow.

Hope the visit goes well. He really sounds like a fighter.

Yup, he is. I saw him yesterday and they moved him to a private room near the nurse's station. They had given him a unit of blood the previous night and it brought his hemoglobin and hematocrit back up to a respectable level. They put a scope down his esophagus and it didn't reveal the source of blood, only a small hiatal hernia and esophogeal strictures from acid reflux. The plan today was a colonoscopy, and he hasn't eaten in three days and not even allowed sips of water, poor guy. He is not sweating the small stuff, though, and I will be seeing him again tomorrow.

Today, got up at 530 AM, went to work, and almost burned down the school with a science experiement catching on fire...there were literally flames in the oven so the fire alarm went off, found out that it was from old grease in the oven (whew!) but the students' experiment was all burnt up, went to a committee meeting, went to the pool to swim laps for 45 mins, and now I am at home.

I had to drive my dad to work...well he drove himself as I was in the passenger seat semi conscious lol. I did drive myself home though. Slept until 2pm, then went to work.

Today I attended a deaf person for the first time. At first I had no idea he was deaf cause usually people that don't know Spanish nor English do what he did which is point at the images but they usually mumble something related to the images, trying to say the name of the sandwich or something. I then realized it and asked if he was deaf, he smiled, nodded and signed something that just left me at a loss with my limited knowledge. So I place his order just like I do with anyone else then we said our goodbyes :)

I told about it to a friend of mine who also happens to work at a fast food restaurant and was shocked when she said she had to attend some before and it was horrible...I guess I'm used to find different ways to communicate with people given that I have to talk with people from different parts of the world with the little English or Spanish they know or find a way when they don't know either.

After that I bought some smokes, relaxed outside aaaand that was about it. Now I'm watching " Sorcerers Apprentice " with my sister :]

I subbed at the high school today, God I am going to miss subbing so badly when I start working on the farm soon. :( But I need year-round income.

I have tried to talk to my sisters. They treat me like I am a little child. Then complain to our mother. It's a bad situation all around. I end up looking like an idiot.

Have you spoken to your mother about how you have been feeling? Let's hope she can have a little chat with your sisters. Hang in there.

That's just extremely childish of your sisters. Treat them how they treat you and see how they'd like that. Then go complain to your mother about them.

I'd do that, but that's just me. Honestly, the best way to go about this is to have a real mature conversation, but they can't have that. They have issues, not you. :dunno:

I agree that it's her sisters who has issues.

I have tried to have mature reasonable conversations with them. But as soon as I try they always bring something up from my childhood and I get really upset. And then they team-up against me, so I look like a stupid child. long drawn out story.
And now unfortunately the issues have been passed down to my eldest sister's kids.

It's not fair that they targeted you and made you upset. You're the one who wanted this resolved but they don't seem to want to yet. So, if I were you, I wouldn't say much if anything to your sisters or their bratty kids for a while.

Yup, he is. I saw him yesterday and they moved him to a private room near the nurse's station. They had given him a unit of blood the previous night and it brought his hemoglobin and hematocrit back up to a respectable level. They put a scope down his esophagus and it didn't reveal the source of blood, only a small hiatal hernia and esophogeal strictures from acid reflux. The plan today was a colonoscopy, and he hasn't eaten in three days and not even allowed sips of water, poor guy. He is not sweating the small stuff, though, and I will be seeing him again tomorrow.

Beowulf, I hope your dad will get well soon. Keep us updated.

I stopped by an ACE hardware store and left with a hickory handle 3 and 1/2 pound axe. I was discussing how much red oak is on the ground this year and the owner told me he would buy my stock next season.

I have been promised 17 oak trees when they are on the ground. Time to start building that chainsaw mill ..... I just picked up a 3 foot Husqvarna.

farming.jpg

Beowulf, I hope your dad will get well soon. Keep us updated.

Thank you, Miss Delectable. I just got a call from my brother and all is well. It turned out the bleeding was caused by the coumadin med he was on. They won't be giving him any more of it and will cut his blood thinner agent back to taking just an aspirin a day. He is being discharged this morning and my brother will be taking him home, where Mom is eagerly awaiting his arrival. I was going to see him today but I will wait till this weekend.
I know this is a lot of medical information, but hey, all of us in here will get old someday, so appreciate the time you have right now.

I didn't get called into sub this morning so I am just vegging out today goofing off mostly on FB and AD.com. I should start my new job next week. But I am still hopeful to have a position with the USDA soon. I contact the headquarters and they told me that the file for the duty station I applied for has been moved out of that office and I was transferred around to three different people and they told me that they would be making selections soon and that I would be contact directly if I am selected. I'm hoping this works out.

I love it! I am exercise zumba at my fitness! :thumb: I am still caught up with a faster instructor! :eek3:

Phillips, its soo much fun! I love it! I am hoping to get certified to teach zumba :)

I am at work today, got a text message from a friend on my way to work, wasn't able to interpret for her today :( It would have been fun! I was not able to leave work the other interpreter called in sick.

So far today I have cleaned the bathroom, had breakfast, then mopped the kitchen, gone to the doctor and then to 2 libraries, the bank and The Deaf Service Center and fixed lunch. Now, I am here on AD relaxing. Mother wanted to do laundry for me, so I will let her. Kids are beginning to get their schoolwork done. I may do some art work, but I am not sure. I am reading up on Lactose Intolerance and going dairy-free. Got diagnosed today and been told to go completely dairy-free. Oh joy!

Well I received a subbing paycheck in the mail so I went and deposited that into my bank account, filled up my truck at the gas station and now I am back her posting..... what fun. At this point I am beginning to look forward to working full-time again. :(

Well I received a subbing paycheck in the mail so I went and deposited that into my bank account, filled up my truck at the gas station and now I am back her posting..... what fun. At this point I am beginning to look forward to working full-time again. :(

hope your gas refill didn't eat your paycheck

Well - finished a colored pencil picture today and gave myself a headache in the process. I feel the picture is worth it. It is posted on my profile with my pictures for any interested. Have to go put gas in hubby's Explorer (he found the lost key this afternoon!). Hubby got a promotion, so we did get some good news.

I like your "picture" but, as an artist, you should refer to it as a "piece", or drawing. Colored pencils are one of my favorite drawing mediums, a few years ago someone gave me the huge 100+ set of Prismacolors, and I just recently discovered watercolor pencils, and the Derwent colored charcoal pencils that you can add water to to create all kinds of cool effects. Mostly I work in soft pastel, oils when I have the time for the mess and the clean up. Keep on drawing!

As for me, today I went thrift store shopping...got brand new Express jeans, a cool white hippy gauze blouse, an authentic army button down camo shirt with really cool patches that have skulls on them and say things like "Mess with the best, Die with the Rest", a new pink leather heart shaped jewelry box for my niece, and a GORGEOUS brand new rust color faux leather fleece lined coat. Also picked up an old ceramic Virgin Mary planter. The coat was the most expensive, I think $7. Good day at the thrift store!

I read in a later post that he is ok, but I will have to tell my aunt about this. she is on coumadin as well, and I don't think she takes it seriously enough. Glad he is better!

hope your gas refill didn't eat your paycheck

It ate about half of it. :shock: I should be starting on the farm soon so that will help until I hear something from USDA (or not).

I've officially set up my own LLC today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back