Vp Sorenson :(:(:(

Check your telephone wire to make sure that it is really plugged in the back of the VP200 or even the wall, too. I struggled with mine for one hour to reset with my router, modem, and computer. I discovered that my phone line was half plugged. I can't believe that it was a very small problem that solved the whole problem. The reason is that I played with my dog, and her old slipper flew in the air and landed in the back of my VP200. Now, I wonder it.

Yes, this can happens. Most of the time the VP problems was caused by small thing, very rare the problem would be big one. So it is best to start with simple check, like checking make sure all connections are intact, etc.

If not, just call Sorenson Tech support and they will be more than happy to help you.

Check your telephone wire to make sure that it is really plugged in the back of the VP200 or even the wall, too. I struggled with mine for one hour to reset with my router, modem, and computer. I discovered that my phone line was half plugged. I can't believe that it was a very small problem that solved the whole problem. The reason is that I played with my dog, and her old slipper flew in the air and landed in the back of my VP200. Now, I wonder it.

Here no telephone at all!! just cable

sometime its frozens while I talked with someone on vp :mad:

So I can get CSDVRS in my homestate of Oregon???????????????

Gemma yep you should be able to get CSDVRS anywhere in the USofA.

I think you are referring to who the state contracts to do the relay calls for the state of Oregon . TTY to TTY or voice calls to TTY .. that kind of thing.

smile

Here no telephone at all!! just cable

sometime its frozens while I talked with someone on vp :mad:

The problem may be your router needs to be hard reset and your VP, too. I had the same problem not receiving incoming calls and that fixed it. You could bug Sorenson and have the VP guy come and look at the issue.

Keep your VP200 and start using CSDVRS, when a caller calls your VP from CSD, you get notification on your phone (text message) about 30 seconds before CSD calls your VP phone. I use it all the times and its great service.. best of all, you get your own personalized phone #.

We got our CSDRVS several days ago and if a hearing person calls our VP-200, we get notified during the delay onto our BB pagers. How neat is that!?

We got our CSDRVS several days ago and if a hearing person calls our VP-200, we get notified during the delay onto our BB pagers. How neat is that!?

I love that FEATURE.. Wished the SVRS offers that! For some reason that SVRS picture quality is better than CSDVRS.. Don't get me wrong, I use CSDVRS from time to time when SVRS is too busy to answer my calls.

Is that neat to keep your ip address update for that call of personal numbers? So the hearing person can reach to your videophone. Since Sorenson has advantage of that update on own match, who doesn't have the computer. How that advantage for other VRS that person who doesn't have computer. Mean have to call help.csdvrs.tv and say, please update that ip address if noticed that didn't get call after the 30 seconds.

Again, I against the toll free number stuff. I believe that we, all of us, should have one toll free. Reason, we can apply many VRS who is offer toll free/personal numbers and abused out of number available of toll free. I think that toll free, that we have our rights to transfer by our prefer service. Such as, if I am not happy with HOVRS due their quality or interpreter that keep not clear number of time and want transfer different VRS provider as Hawks can use their VRS service to assign that toll free. Not let keep load free of those number -- I lost count of VRS and appear 8 or so mean we have 8 toll free numbers. It appear silly to have 8 toll-free, as show off that I had 8 toll free and 8 web/videophone/mobile blah blah.

It just my express that we simple couldn't cont. abuse that toll free and benefit to use.

Expect --- abuse issue, people that I have notice that use toll-free such as silly thing like... fill form on website to get chance free pager. Happen, getting prank or promote the product/service. We can change number, hardly no! However, the FCC has rule about the telemarketing.

I did fill the toll-free number on block telemarketing lists. Just be safe on side. If you haven't take chance do that, go ahead and visit @ https://www.donotcall.gov/. It doesn't charge.

Happy reading!

PS - Tousi sorry if this little bit off topic beside VRS did great thing happen in our life. Just want share with reader.

Last edited:
I am still using the ole tty to voice method lol no problems...

Hope everyone finds their comfort level of communication among all of the technical stuff. I am still waiting on Ojo 8 months and counting tick tock

8 months!? Just apply for VP 200 in sorenson!

I am still waiting for Ojo Videophone too. I already has VP-200. I am thinking about put Ojo Videophone downstair and have my vp-200 upstair.

I am plan to rid of phone house soon. What I can do with VP and internet? My phone and internet from company name is Verizon. It's suck big time! Do you think Directv or Comcast Cable will be work for my pc, vp and cable??

My husband don't need use the phone anymore. He is using his cellphone. I want to use VP through computer.

I am tired of black video and disconnected. I have problem with incoming too. Everyone missed me because they didn't see me on vp for a while. They kept asked me if want to chat. I told them. I have problem with stupid black video. I can use vp for vrs relay..

Tell me what do you think?

I am plan to rid of phone house soon. What I can do with VP and internet? My phone and internet from company name is Verizon. It's suck big time! Do you think Directv or Comcast Cable will be work for my pc, vp and cable??

My husband don't need use the phone anymore. He is using his cellphone. I want to use VP through computer.

I am tired of black video and disconnected. I have problem with incoming too. Everyone missed me because they didn't see me on vp for a while. They kept asked me if want to chat. I told them. I have problem with stupid black video. I can use vp for vrs relay..

Go to Viable.net Homepage
Click Products >> Viable Vision >> Windows Download

That is the computer based VP where you can call to VPs from the computer, but you can not recieve incoming calls, and I believe the black video and disconnection problem in regarding of the TCP setting in your router, did the techican do a good job, no?

What is your brand name of your router? Sorenson SR200 router?

I've heard of that missed calls problem from others.

My problem with our VP is that it no longer signals an incoming call, no flashing light, no ring. So I always miss calls. I can call out just fine tho. I have to remember to call tech support about it I guess, cuz I tried everything else myself.

I have a love-hate relationship with technology....sigh

My problem with our VP is that it no longer signals an incoming call, no flashing light, no ring. So I always miss calls. I can call out just fine tho. I have to remember to call tech support about it I guess, cuz I tried everything else myself.

You might want to check your telephone wire in the back of the VP to see whether it is loosen or not. (Same thing for telephone jack wall.)

Yesterday, I had a meeting at my friend's house to discuss some issues. She works for a deaf program, and she bought up one subject about VP100. She said that all users should get VP200 because it has better features and answering machine records that will forward to your emails on the computer to see the person on the "screen recorder." Pretty cool?

She also heard that many people complaint about their VP100 that has some problems. The company finally is starting to give them the VP200 instead of VP100.

You might want to check your telephone wire in the back of the VP to see whether it is loosen or not. (Same thing for telephone jack wall.)

Yesterday, I had a meeting at my friend's house to discuss some issues. She works for a deaf program, and she bought up one subject about VP100. She said that all users should get VP200 because it has better features and answering machine records that will forward to your emails on the computer to see the person on the "screen recorder." Pretty cool?

She also heard that many people complaint about their VP100 that has some problems. The company finally is starting to give them the VP200 instead of VP100.

I checked the telephone connections, nothing there. It's a VP200. And my Sorenson rep told me there's no way for Deaf to leave messages for me, even though I have the email set up.

Guess I do need to get tech assistance.

I've had that problem occasionally, it is from the router I have, so what I did was unplug it for about a minute, then plug back in. It happens when the power goes out and back on that makes router go "off course". I do this way, to make router go back to normal. I know it's a hassle, and also VP-200 have a test call back features to test if you able to see other side, and to get incoming calls. If anyone don't have that, the Sorenson Test Call Back number is (801) 287-9500.

Hope this helps :)

Back