Police cars

i drove that Crown Victorian, Tacoma, and Dodge Ram because i work for Animal Control Unit under Police Department.

It was smooth and love it, wish that can be put in my 4x4 Tacoma. It'll be save a lot gas!

Wish there was Crown Victoria cars in Australia, but there isn't, sadly.

One night, at Kansas City, KS while at Quick Trip filling gas on my truck. I came across one old hot rodded station wagon. Look typical until I saw uniformed officer came out of his car and walked to QT. I took advantage to look closer at his station wagon. It sure does have flasher on top of reveiw mirror, have spotlight on side. I realized it's the undercovered cop station wagon w/ hotrodded engine. You can tell pins on front end of hood. I better watch out for it LOL

I have seen many old cop cars around my area. Many are owned by young people or low income people. LOL

Catty

One night, at Kansas City, KS while at Quick Trip filling gas on my truck. I came across one old hot rodded station wagon. Look typical until I saw uniformed officer came out of his car and walked to QT. I took advantage to look closer at his station wagon. It sure does have flasher on top of reveiw mirror, have spotlight on side. I realized it's the undercovered cop station wagon w/ hotrodded engine. You can tell pins on front end of hood. I better watch out for it LOL

I have seen many old cop cars around my area. Many are owned by young people or low income people. LOL

Catty
The police department (in one of the cities I work in) has a patrol H3.

Wish there was Crown Victoria cars in Australia, but there isn't, sadly.

We got a shitload of those cars in the US. They use it for police, taxi, etc. Even though, we're changing over to different cars...and they're getting rid of the crown victorias to taxi and to civilians. In Seattle, we got some new Dodge Charger police cars and one Subaru Legacy GT for pursuit unit in Kitsap county area.

Catty

What kind of station wagon was that? Since you said "old" I haven't seen any station wagon cop cars in years.

What kind of station wagon was that? Since you said "old" I haven't seen any station wagon cop cars in years.

It look like to me it's between 1975 to 1980's model. Chevrolet. It is customized cop station wagon with meduim green paint. Have rear fat tires. NO cop stickers ect.. Have some dents on it. It make more sense that it's undercover and fools drug dealer or criminals into thinking it's just crappy old station wagon. They'll be so surpised that station wagon can keep up their fast car LOL.

I have seen other city have old cars use for undercover. They can play trick on anyone. My area have lot of undercover cop cars so did Kansas Highway Patrol too. Speeders beaware!! LOL.

Catty

It look like to me it's between 1975 to 1980's model. Chevrolet. It is customized cop station wagon with meduim green paint. Have rear fat tires. NO cop stickers ect.. Have some dents on it. It make more sense that it's undercover and fools drug dealer or criminals into thinking it's just crappy old station wagon. They'll be so surpised that station wagon can keep up their fast car LOL.

I have seen other city have old cars use for undercover. They can play trick on anyone. My area have lot of undercover cop cars so did Kansas Highway Patrol too. Speeders beaware!! LOL.

Catty

:lol: I know what you mean there. They use random cars just to fool criminals and get trapped by their feet.

since we moved to Clarksburg, WV.. i was surprised how fancied cop cars are..
they are brand new mustang.. heh.

-.- spoiled brats

From the best of my knowledge (I could be wrong) - Police Crown Victoria car has 2 batteries (to power the laptops and all these cool gadgets), quick-start engine (they idle differently from normal cars to power the gadgets to save gas while waiting at speed trap or whatsoever and then engine kicks into regular mode when they gota chase'em), trunk full of cool stuff, and of course - special tune-ups that anybody can do (for better handling, different suspension setting designed for highway or urban, and those infamous black tires w/ metal hubcup in center to handle almost any abuse). The driver seat is customized to fit cop w/ utility belt. Backseats are designed to fit criminals with handcuff on back. Engine's pretty much same as regular Crown Victoria. They go from 0-60mph at about 8-9 sec.

That's why you shouldn't slow down if you drove fast past cop at speed trap on highway! :o Just quickly get to next exit and disappear. 2 of my friends did that and got pissant lucky. I, of course, didn't do that. I'm a coward.... <cry>

One time - I was driving fast on I-95 and then I got pulled over. The cop got angry at me because he told me he spent like 5 min (which is VERY long) just to catch up to me. :eek3: I think he was exaggerating but doesn't look like it cuz I was indeed driving quite fast.

Cops from Bergen County in NJ are one of the most well-paid in USA - average about $100,000/yr.

:lol: I know what you mean there. They use random cars just to fool criminals and get trapped by their feet.

yea NYPD's same. They used taxi cab as undercover car. I saw a few varieties of undercover cars at the drug bust that I was walking by. Crappy-ass Chrysler van, taxi cab, and crappy-ass Ford car.

Whew thanks god I didn't buy a couple of reefs from them at that time! :o I kid I kid

since we moved to Clarksburg, WV.. i was surprised how fancied cop cars are..
they are brand new mustang.. heh.

-.- spoiled brats

God.... I hate Virginia cops.... they're so... rough and so serious... The speeding fines there goes upward to $1000+

God.... I hate Virginia cops.... they're so... rough and so serious... The speeding fines there goes upward to $1000+

Ah thanks that'd remind me to slow down whenever I touch Virginia one day if that ever happens lol

yea NYPD's same. They used taxi cab as undercover car. I saw a few varieties of undercover cars at the drug bust that I was walking by. Crappy-ass Chrysler van, taxi cab, and crappy-ass Ford car.

Whew thanks god I didn't buy a couple of reefs from them at that time! :o I kid I kid

Taxi as a undercover, now that's interesting....

Taxi as a undercover, now that's interesting....

go to 01:23 to see NYPD Undercover Taxi Cab. ENJOY! :cool2:
[yt]iDf2G7VJ184[/yt]

**This happened in NY last year or something. We had a huge steam pipe explosion. No big deal but they thought it was a terrorism attack.

[yt]iDf2G7VJ184[/yt]

**This happened in NY last year or something. We had a huge steam pipe explosion. No big deal but they thought it was a terrorism attack.

I see that, interesting!

[yt]iDf2G7VJ184[/yt]

Here's another...

[yt]j-vzQR50zVw[/yt]

I'm not surprised they did this. ;)

I suppose most popular choice for coolest police car ever is Ford Crown Victoria??

Yeah Catty, same here Dodge Chargers w Hemi engines also for Motor carrier enforcement use Chevy Tahoes, which targeted on big trucks....

Back