Is Michael Moore a Hypocrite and a Liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yizuman

Reaction score
Read his interview part in the bolded part and judge for yourself if he's truly a hypocrite and a liar.

The filmmaker Michael Moore was on Piers Morgan’s CNN show a couple of nights ago and was asked (via Twitter) how he squares the fact that he’s benefitted enormously from capitalism while turning into one of its leading critics. In the exchange that followed, Morgan asked (rhetorically, he thought), “You’re in the top one percent, right?” To which Moore replied, “I’m not in the top one percent. No.”

Now just for the record, the latest data shows that the top one percent means you’re a person with an adjusted gross income of roughly $380,000. Michael Moore’s net worth is estimated to be around $50 million. Which means he’s closer to being in the top one-tenth of one percent of earners in America. But no matter. Moore had a lie to tell, and tell it he did, and several more times. Piers Morgan, knowing Moore was misleading him and his audience, said, “I need you to admit the bleeding obvious. I need you to sit here and say, ‘I’m in the one percent.’ Because it’s important.” To which Moore said, “Well, I can’t. Because I’m not.”

“You are, though,” Morgan said.

“No, I’m not. I’m not,” Moore insisted again.

“You’re not in the one percent?” an exasperated Morgan asked again.

“Of course I’m not!” Moore shouted. “How can I be in the one percent?”

“Because you’re worth millions,” Morgan said.

To which Moore said, emphatically, “No, that’s not true.”

Except that it is true. And everyone knows it’s true.

The only thing Moore conceded is that he does “really well.” As for the line of questioning, Moore plaintively asked, “What’s the point?”

Since he asked, let’s see if we can help Moore answer that question.

The point is that in roughly four minutes Michael Moore, icon of the left, established beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is both a hypocrite and a liar (though not a terribly good one; he’s clearly not Clintonesque when it comes to delivering repeated lies). Being a left-wing ideologue is bad enough; being an unprincipled one is worse.

Moore is clearly a conflicted man. He hates capitalism even though he’s (over) eaten from the fruits of its tree. He’s made tens of millions of dollars on a system he considers irredeemably corrupt. And in the interview he tries, with comic ineptness, to portray himself as virtuous.

But the filmmaker is a fraud, from hat to toe. And the wonderful thing is that it’s all been caught on camera.

The whirligig of time brings in its revenges.

Source: http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2....TqnwxNiJC-s.like&fb_source=profile_multiline

Catch his lie? The point is that Moore's net worth is 50 million and he blatantly denies he's part of the 1%, this is one of the Occupy movement's beef, greed and here Moore lying that he's not a millionaire when we all know he is, check the Fortune 500 listing for yourself.

See his contradiction?

Yiz

Read his interview part in the bolded part and judge for yourself if he's truly a hypocrite and a liar.

Source: Michael Moore, Hypocrite and Liar « Commentary Magazine

Catch his lie? The point is that Moore's net worth is 50 million and he blatantly denies he's part of the 1%, this is one of the Occupy movement's beef, greed and here Moore lying that he's not a millionaire when we all know he is, check the Fortune 500 listing for yourself.

See his contradiction?

Yiz

No, he's not a hypocrit.

No, he's not a hypocrite. He is a wet noodle.

Source: Michael Moore, Hypocrite and Liar « Commentary Magazine

See his contradiction?

Yiz

do you know who and what 1% represents?

do you believe Michael Moore is greedy and exploiting people?

How do they know he's worth $50 million?

do you know who and what 1% represents?

do you believe Michael Moore is greedy and exploiting people?

Not seen actual documentations that supports the percentage claims nor have I yet researched the total annual income of families based on categories. But reports allegedly claims that the 1% is the rich people.

Of course he is and covetous as well.

See his "Bowling for Columbine" film, a documentary that exploits the deaths of a school official and students for profitable gain. Alot of his films have the exact same pattern....exploitation.

Michael Moore lied when asked if he's a Millionaire and his answer was, "NO!". Even though Fortune 500 listed his Net Worth to be over 50 million. So what now, being a Millionaire is not being a Millionaire? :hmm:

Yiz

You have no evidence that he is lying. He is not required to tell anyone how much money he has. Once, he said that someone reported that he had a hot tub on his balcony. Not only did he not have a hot tub, he didn't have a balcony.

People are after Michael Moore to try to discredit his message. You're one of them. Why are you so afraid of Michael Moore?

You have no evidence that he is lying. He is not required to tell anyone how much money he has. Once, he said that someone reported that he had a hot tub on his balcony. Not only did he not have a hot tub, he didn't have a balcony.

People are after Michael Moore to try to discredit his message. You're one of them. Why are you so afraid of Michael Moore?

(pssstttt...it's almost Halloween!)

You do with the IRS, that's a requirement, by Federal, State, County and City laws. All working and tax paying civilians are required by law to disclose every single penny made. That law was created, passed and signed, all by Liberals (i.e. Democrats).

I am never afraid of liars, they're raving wolves seeking to exploit any kind of weaknesses that they may find so they can devour them.

Yiz

How do they know he's worth $50 million?
Michael Moore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

". . . Moore himself is one of these ultra-wealthy few, with a net worth exceeding $50 million. He lives in a million-dollar apartment in New York City and also owns a beautiful house in an exclusive community in northern Michigan which is worth at least that much. On November 1, 2005, World Net Daily reported that the anti-capitalist Moore -- who had proudly declared "I don’t own a single share of stock!" -- in fact owned tens of thousands of shares in U.S. stocks. Most notably, Moore owned more than 2,000 shares in Halliburton -- the gas and oil company he excoriated in his film Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore is a frequent speaker on college campuses, which pay dearly for his celebrity presence and speeches. The Federal Election Commission launched an investigation into Moore’s 2004 “Slacker Uprising Tour” of dozens of colleges and universities, most in swing states, during the closing days of that year’s presidential campaign. The filmmaker, who exhorted young voters to support Democratic candidate John Kerry over Republican incumbent George W. Bush, charged the schools or student organizations up to $30,000 per appearance...."
Discover the Networks

In the Peter Schweizer book Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy, Schweizer accuses Michael Moore of hypocrisy suggesting that he owns a variety of company stocks, including Haliburton stock, while at the same time criticising these companies. This accusation is based on a tax return from a foundation Schweizer alleges is controlled fully by Moore. Moore denied this on C-SPAN, with the statement "Michael Moore own Halliburton stock? See, that's like a great comedy line. I know it's not true - I mean, I've never owned a share of stock in my life. Anybody who knows me knows that, you know - who's gonna believe that? Just crazy people are going to believe it - crazy people who tune in to the Fox News Chanhttp://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1802983#1803012

So easy to find something to refute these claims.

Michael Moore Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

". . . Moore himself is one of these ultra-wealthy few, with a net worth exceeding $50 million. He lives in a million-dollar apartment in New York City and also owns a beautiful house in an exclusive community in northern Michigan which is worth at least that much. On November 1, 2005, World Net Daily reported that the anti-capitalist Moore -- who had proudly declared "I don’t own a single share of stock!" -- in fact owned tens of thousands of shares in U.S. stocks. Most notably, Moore owned more than 2,000 shares in Halliburton -- the gas and oil company he excoriated in his film Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore is a frequent speaker on college campuses, which pay dearly for his celebrity presence and speeches. The Federal Election Commission launched an investigation into Moore’s 2004 “Slacker Uprising Tour” of dozens of colleges and universities, most in swing states, during the closing days of that year’s presidential campaign. The filmmaker, who exhorted young voters to support Democratic candidate John Kerry over Republican incumbent George W. Bush, charged the schools or student organizations up to $30,000 per appearance...."
Discover the Networks

What you provided doesn't prove his net worth of $50 million.

You do with the IRS, that's a requirement, by Federal, State, County and City laws. All working and tax paying civilians are required by law to disclose every single penny made. That law was created, passed and signed, all by Liberals (i.e. Democrats).

I am never afraid of liars, they're raving wolves seeking to exploit any kind of weaknesses that they may find so they can devour them.

Yiz

You might want to tell that to some of the tax evading wealthy.:laugh2:

All of that is speculation, Reba. I need some evidence.

The amount of income that a person declares to the IRS is confidential information. There was an IRS employee who looked up a celebrity's income and spread the information. The employee was fired and faced criminal charges. This is the kind of stuff you learn in IRS procedure classes.

Not seen actual documentations that supports the percentage claims nor have I yet researched the total annual income of families based on categories. But reports allegedly claims that the 1% is the rich people.

Of course he is and covetous as well.

See his "Bowling for Columbine" film, a documentary that exploits the deaths of a school official and students for profitable gain. Alot of his films have the exact same pattern....exploitation.

Michael Moore lied when asked if he's a Millionaire and his answer was, "NO!". Even though Fortune 500 listed his Net Worth to be over 50 million. So what now, being a Millionaire is not being a Millionaire? :hmm:

Yiz

There is a huge difference between exploitation, and exposing the exploitation of people.:roll: Michael Moore exposes exploitation.

(pssstttt...it's almost Halloween!)

Oh SNAP! That's skeery!!!

scared-smile-hiding-behind-couch.gif

:giggle:

Yiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back