I'm a hearing girl...I would love dating deaf boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you lived my life, you'd understand. As it is, I'm also trying to figure out how to go mute. I hate talking. I like quiet. I've used q-tips (I have a friend who accidentally made her cousin deaf with them, which gave me the idea.) I've used Bobby pins but I can never get them into the right shape/angle. I've tried just about every stupid thing I could try. I have gone days without speaking, only using sign language, but none of my friends, well only Laurie, understand. Even my own parents don't understand. I want somebody that I connect with, somebody I could have a voiceless conversation with.

Hey Hearing girl. I live in California and I found this website while reasearching deaf and hearing relationships so I am pretty new here. I have a pretty decent amount of deaf friends and some of them are guys... now you have to understand these guys arent like that guy on switched at birth. I have a post from a little while back asking if hearing and deaf relationships work. I was asked if I watch switched at birth. I never have. But after that person said that i looked into watching a episode of switched at birth and maybe some but most deaf guys arent like that guy emmet. I found the actor and his name is sean berdy... he seems like a pretty normal guy. You can tell though he knows that most real deaf/hearing relationships don't work out the way emmet and whats her name... bay... worked out. I know sign and even I have problems communicating with my deaf friends. One deaf boy i know told me that hearing/deaf relationships are not the fantsy they are put out to be. After I talked about it with some of my friends I decided I should wait until im out of high school to make sure this is something i truly want. If I do then I will when I get out of high school and college too! So you should just wait. Maybe learn sign language and then when you graduate move to a city where it has a large deaf community so you can meet some new deaf people and boost your social skills. But you should never just go somewhere and expect your dream deaf man to be right there. So I say just wait. It may not even be my place to say anything but i was the same way. All goo goo gaga for a deaf guy. But I have my friends and a life ahead of me. And one other thing... dont make yourself go deaf. My best friend is deaf and sometimes she is made fun of people and she crys and crys telling me how she doesnt want to be deaf anymore. Its not a bad thing to be deaf. I appreciate and admire people that handle is sooooooo well. I am hearing, I dont know I would handle being deaf! But dont try it. Just be yourself and simply wait.

Last edited:
If you lived my life, you'd understand. As it is, I'm also trying to figure out how to go mute. I hate talking. I like quiet. I've used q-tips (I have a friend who accidentally made her cousin deaf with them, which gave me the idea.) I've used Bobby pins but I can never get them into the right shape/angle. I've tried just about every stupid thing I could try. I have gone days without speaking, only using sign language, but none of my friends, well only Laurie, understand. Even my own parents don't understand. I want somebody that I connect with, somebody I could have a voiceless conversation with.

Don't do it. The bolded. Really. It's sick.

or you could do this much more simply... go to deaf social events and enjoy.

2ep662d.png

I think she means it more as temporary measure. Plug her ears up and be "deaf". It comes across to me that she isn't wanting to be permanently deaf.

Looks like I was wrong. But I can't help but wonder if she is kidding around and pulling our leg. :hmm:

... I'm serious... Actually, right now, I have these plugs in my ears that I made out of wax, water, and paper towels. I watched a video on YouTube, with the volume turned up as pound as I could get it, and I didn't hear a thing. I'm so happy right now, I have tears in my eyes :')

You really need to just go to Deaf socials. Don't physically damage yourself. You are young and later in life you could regret.

... I'm serious... Actually, right now, I have these plugs in my ears that I made out of wax, water, and paper towels. I watched a video on YouTube, with the volume turned up as pound as I could get it, and I didn't hear a thing. I'm so happy right now, I have tears in my eyes :')

This bit scary...

Like everyone says. Don't damage yourself. Just get yourself involve with deaf events maybe it helps yoyou to see if you feel comfortable. Start with meeting a deaf people by contacting the deaf
Service like you want to voluneeter to work with small deaf kids because u will meet more deaf adults thre. Good luck

Are you absolutely sure you want to date a deaf guy?

Not that I'm saying that deaf guys would be bad to date. I'm just saying that you shouldn't think that you should be trying to date a deaf guy.

I knew a few ladies who started learning sign language and became obsessed with dating deaf guys. When they finally started dating deaf guys, they usually regret it because they never took into consideration of the changes they would have to accept in the process.

hearing girl- I have no problem with you trying to shutout the sounds. just don't stick qtips in your ears.. please. When the cotton comes off and gets stuck inside your ears, its makes an irritating motorboat sounds.

The wax thing-- hmm interesting, I think you need to see an hearing aid center and ask for swimmers earmolds. I have no idea how well it will work, but they can make an ear impression for you and have earmold made just for your ear and you can have it made in any color. Its normally made for keeping water out in water, but it will be custom made for your ears and its safest way of wearing one.

I agree with jiro- a starting point for you is you need to join some deaf clubs and meet the people there. (wear your swimmers earmold :D) It would be a good starting point for you. There is alot for you to learn as for deaf culture. It might not be what you think. It might be exactly what you wanted, I have no idea but you owe it to yourself to go and find out. One thing I wanted to say is that , in the deaf world- you might already be aware of this but many deafs makes sounds anyway when expressing themselves. Is this something you are prepared to live with ? there is always sounds anyways in deaf groups, but in a one on one, most likely there wouldnt be any.

This is sad to me. Don't you love yourself for who you are. God made you just the way you are.

I would not make myself deaf just for some guy

PLease listen to reason- it is just not good.

I just hope you are not a troll

Hearing girl...pls do not make yourself go deaf.

Take others' advice...go to Deaf socials and learn ASL.

Then, you will become Deaf.

Why would you go and damage what you have? You are who you are for a reason. Its one thing if your losing your hearing naturally, but to do it on purpose? Come on girl, Theres safer ways to tune out sounds if you must "feel" what its like to be us (like ear safety plugs). But really do you honestly hate it so much? Just find a local deaf community.

Um....good point LadyS...

damage what you have? Dont do it. :)

Thank God, I am over 18 years old. I don't need to worry.

I do have a hearing girlfriend who wants to pretend to be deaf. She tried ear plugs and they didn't make her fully deaf. SO how do you use ear plugs to make you fully deaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back