Do you want to visit Russia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russians are friendly, but they usually keep to themselves. They aren't used to American's friendiness.

I has to honest with you that I think Russians are open and friendly than Germans. Germans keep to themselves. IMO :dunno2:

If I remember correctly -- Russians don't like for windows to be raised/opened even if it is so hot.

Really? interesting... I know a lot of Russians but I didn't know about this. I will find out about this.

Jiro, you should go to Dubai to surprise your buddy. There is no doubt, you'll like Dubai. I loved it. I would move there if it is that friendly for deaf people like myself.

Yes, my hubby & I definitely go to Dubai when my boys are over 18 years old... and old enough to look after themselves.

Yes. Hubby said that people looked at him and the other Americans in his group in a puzzled suspicious way when they (the Americans) smiled at them on the street. Also, our missionary friends have mentioned several times how people in other countries are not as open or friendly to strangers.

We (many Europeans) are not type to be too friendly to strangers to the public. I'm one of them... because we don't know them... Yes, we Europeans are friendly and helpful when you ask them for direction where you want to visit and see...

Here's an example. We have missionary friends who live in Poland. The husband is native Polish, the wife is native American (they now have dual citizenship). Their children were born and raised in Poland. Our friends told us that in Poland, you don't smile at a stranger unless you are flirting and trying to pick up someone for a date.

In the bar or disco, yes but not to the public...

When our friends came to America recently for a visit, their oldest son (about 8 years old) asked his parents, "Why are all these people flirting with us?" He just couldn't understand American friendliness.

:eek3: I never heard that 8 years old say like that... where he get those word from because none of 8 years old say like that.....? I exposed my boys to different cultures, we travelled to since they were toddlers... All what they said is "beautiful people" or "nice people" "friendly people" or "beautiful color"... and respect culture and people...

How much cost is jeans in Russia?

Around $150 to $200 during U.S.S.R. time but at present time? :dunno2: I will ask my Russian friends about this or better ask Authentic...

As far as I know that stockings and tights were very expensive in communist countries... I assume that USSR could be same as well...

Stockings and tights cost $50 or more per stocking or tight. In Europe countries cost only $1 to $3.

Many male from west Europe countries brought some stockings and tights to go East Germany, Poland, etc (any communist countries) to give women for sex. Many women desired to have stockings and tights because they cannot afford to buy one in their communisum countries. Some East Germans want to collect Deutsche Mark money instead of East German money so they sell their bodies to West Germans for Deutsche Mark money or stockings/tights...

I believe some Russians travel to other countries like Ukraine, Germany, etc to buy clothes and things more cheaply.

Travel to communist countries yes, not west countries. They can't afford to buy anything because they all are expensive... The relatives from West Europe brought something for their relatives in East Germany or any communist countries... They have to fill out the form to custom what kind of things they bring to East Germany... Most fill out as a gift... like Christmas gift, etc... It's not very easy to bring things as gift to East Germany or communist countries from West Europe countries.

No, it's the opposite. Americans seem too friendly to foreigners. The people in Ukraine were suspicious of American friendliness, until they got to know each other.

Yes, that's right. It's not just Ukraine but European countries as well.

Actually, Russia country had been isolated for so many years. The government controls all media news in the country. Russians had no way to find out what's the news and technologies out there.

I don't know about now because Putin controls his country that made him very wealthy. Probably, many Russian people don't like him anymore because of his two different submarine accidents, and he refused to let the internationals to rescue the Russian sailors.

All I know that anyone in Russia still cannot be allowed to discuss in political issues and Patin's personal life. Otherwise, they will be in jailed for a long time.

During USSR time, yes... After USSR collapsed... no more... Russians are free to say what they wants.

Yes, it's very sad history about USSR time... like what Reba shared her few posts over Ukraine in her previous posts.

he does. that's what Medveder is for. To use his presidential power for his gain. That's why people are calling him The Next Czar.

Not really...

As I know that many people like to see Medvedev as their president of Russia, not Putin... :dunno2:

I have seen their debate on TV few days ago... I have good impression about him and would say that Medvedev is better president of Russia... IMO... :dunno2:

technically - he doesn't but he can if he wants to. That's why people especially American government is wary of him since he's running the country like Russian mafia.

lol, yup, I could notice it.

Around $150 to $200 during U.S.S.R. time but at present time? :dunno2: I will ask my Russian friends about this or better ask Authentic...

As far as I know that stockings and tights were very expensive in communist countries... I assume that USSR could be same as well...

Stockings and tights cost $50 or more per stocking or tight. In Europe countries cost only $1 to $3.

Many male from west Europe countries brought some stockings and tights to go East Germany, Poland, etc (any communist countries) to give women for sex. Many women desired to have stockings and tights because they cannot afford to buy one in their communisum countries. Some East Germans want to collect Deutsche Mark money instead of East German money so they sell their bodies to West Germans for Deutsche Mark money or stockings/tights...

lol, that's alot of cost for jeans.

What's tights or stockings?

I'd love to visit Russia again for the culture and art.

I have Russian doll here... (I am tradition doll collectors). I bought Russian doll from my Russian friend at years ago.

Cool! :)

Yes, fish eggs called "caviar". Caviar sell in Russia very cheaply than in Europe countries. I love to decorate caviar on the top of Deviled Eggs... mmmhhhh...

With the devil eggs? I gotta try that.

Depend on American's character, manner and sterotype... also mentailty as well... that's how Europeans judge...

Many Europeans are careful and judge the people first before get know them better then... Europeans are friendly when they warm up with strangers, they meet at Hotel, bar, etc.

I am not type person to jump to be friendly to strangers to the public because I don't know them and don't want to lead them wrong head and think I seduce them...

I remember when I first met US soliders at work... I was friendly to them... Guess what? My friendly got them wrong head... flirt with me... and ask me for date... :eek3: I told them that I'm sorry that I'm married woman. It's not first time... that's why I am polite friendly toward them when I see them... and to make sure that I won't lead them wrong head.

Yeah I can understand, I usually doesn't trust any strangers in the city buses neither :)

I have Russian doll here... (I am tradition doll collectors). I bought Russian doll from my Russian friend at years ago.

Yes, fish eggs called "caviar". Caviar sell in Russia very cheaply than in Europe countries. I love to decorate caviar on the top of Deviled Eggs... mmmhhhh...
How much it cost worth for caviar? I heard it's $100 to $200 with tin. How much cost for eat a meal with plate? I heard it's very expensive. I never try to eat it. I really want to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to visit Russia again for the culture and art.

Yeah, I read your post in other thread. You visited to Russia before. Did you get any pictures of your travel to Russia? I would love to see it. I love the culture and art either.

Interesting.... Wow! It's expensive! In America's jean cost about 30 to 70 dollars. It depend on brand and shapes. Thank you for sharing with us. I am waiting for Authentic to answer the questions. :)

We (many Europeans) are not type to be too friendly to strangers to the public. I'm one of them... because we don't know them... Yes, we Europeans are friendly and helpful when you ask them for direction where you want to visit and see...
Americans tend to smile and speak to strangers. :)

In the bar or disco, yes but not to the public...
They don't go to bars or discos.

:eek3: I never heard that 8 years old say like that... where he get those word from because none of 8 years old say like that.....?
Huh? That's just normal English (although he is fluent in Polish, too). He has a well-developed vocabulary.

I exposed my boys to different cultures, we travelled to since they were toddlers...
My friends also travel extensively in Europe and the United States all their lives. They minister to, and invite into their home all levels of people, of various nationalities.

All what they said is "beautiful people" or "nice people" "friendly people" or "beautiful color"... and respect culture and people...
They too respect people and cultures. I guess maybe their kids just have a more extensive vocabulary. :dunno:

How much it cost worth for caviar? I heard it's $100 to $200 with tin. How much cost for eat a meal with plate? I heard it's very expensive. I never try to eat it. I really want to try.

$100 to $200 for that caviar? :eek3::shock::crazy:

Here in Germany, we bought caviar once a year to celebrate Xmas Day and Xmas eve cost us $ 10 per 1 oz caviar. We use caviar for deviled eggs... mmmhhhh...

In Russia, cost around $1 to $2 per 2 oz or 4 oz caviar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back