Death Penalty (Opinion/Feedback)

Liebling:-))) said:
What about that, Reba... ;)
What exactly do you mean "what about that?" Please be specific.

ButterflyGirl said:
I can read ;)
Do you realize that we will never know how many more innocent people may be sitting in prisons on a death row? What if there are more than these 122 people in prisons?

Exactly... :thumb:

Reba said:
"What if" there are not?
You want to believe that because it seems to me that you don't want to admit what if there are innocent people sitting in prisons. I admit that there may not be any innocent people in prisons but we need to face the fact that there may be and the only way to keep the law from making mistake by putting them to death is to ban the capital punishment. Let the guilty ones suffer in prison for LIFE. The innocent ones will be free when the truth about them are found.

Yes, they sentence prisoner to life for murder etc. I explained you yesterday..
http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=463472&postcount=38
I found link at google... It explains better... because it´s correct...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder
"TWA Hijacker Released From German Prison
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
BERLIN — Mohammed Ali Hamadi has been paroled from prison after serving 19 years of a life sentence for the 1985 hijacking of a TWA jetliner and for killing a U.S. Navy diver...."
http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=422216&postcount=1

That was a German "life sentence." :(

Well, I'm in favor of death penaty ONLY if the convict didn't do anything to appeal nor fight against. Reason if the convict truly guilty of thr crime would not care to put death, while innocent will surely fight, this would add to reasonable doubts. These should be in jail for long time instead.
I really wish there would be serious correctional reforms. Right now they r too lenient, and convicts should be dealing with hard labor rather loafing. Hard labor is best way to solve the crime problems, imho

Reba, I would suggest you to search website to find out about innocent people...

Liebling--this is why I am recommending a law to require mandatory DNA/forensic evidence testing in capital cases, to try to reduce the number of cases of this happening. ALL evidence must be tested, and if necessary the state should have to pay for this if they want to execute someone. Do be careful not to think that people in support of the death penalty don't care about the possibility of innocents dying; that couldn't be further from the truth. I think we must use due caution--hence the law I suggest.

Rose Immortal said:
I do support the death penalty under certain conditions.

FIRST: There must be a law that requires that the state pay for and test any DNA evidence available in the case. The same should go for any other forensic tests that can be run to make absolutely sure that the person being put to death is the correct one.

SECOND: That no joy is taken in the execution. It should be a solemn thing and it is always a tragedy when a life has gone so far astray that execution is necessary.

THIRD: That there is no excess suffering or torture. There is no sense in doing that.

I believe that murder, rape, and treason should be the three capital crimes. These are the crimes that can do the worst damage to lives and frankly, I don't think we can trust these kinds of people to go back out into society once they have done something like that. It isn't hatred that makes me say that--but rather the simple fact that we have no way to know whether or not they continue to pose a danger.

But, as I said in the other thread, if such a criminal truly has reformed, that will also come with an understanding that the earthly consequence of death is only temporary. I believe that a redeemed criminal will be taken to Heaven. Don't you remember the one man crucified alongside Jesus who asked for and received that promise? He committed the crime and served an earthly penalty for it--but you can be sure that man is still enjoying the blessings of Heaven. That is for God to know (not for me), and I trust that He will not withhold that from anyone who is truly deserving.

I like what you say here, and I do have a question to ask you if I may, how do you feel about electric chairs? is that's a bit cruel as a punishment....

Rose Immortal said:
Liebling--this is why I am recommending a law to require mandatory DNA/forensic evidence testing in capital cases, to try to reduce the number of cases of this happening. ALL evidence must be tested, and if necessary the state should have to pay for this if they want to execute someone. Do be careful not to think that people in support of the death penalty don't care about the possibility of innocents dying; that couldn't be further from the truth. I think we must use due caution--hence the law I suggest.

That I do agree.... ;)

ButterflyGirl said:
You want to believe that because it seems to me that you don't want to admit what if there are innocent people sitting in prisons. I admit that there may not be any innocent people in prisons but we need to face the fact that there may be and the only way to keep the law from making mistake by putting them to death is to ban the capital punishment. Let the guilty ones suffer in prison for LIFE. The innocent ones will be free when the truth about them are found.

Very good point there girl and I agree :ily:

Reba said:
"TWA Hijacker Released From German Prison
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
BERLIN — Mohammed Ali Hamadi has been paroled from prison after serving 19 years of a life sentence for the 1985 hijacking of a TWA jetliner and for killing a U.S. Navy diver...."
http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=422216&postcount=1

That was a German "life sentence." :(

German is wise which proprite punishment what more... Mohammed Ali Hamadi is using jijacking which it's very dangerous...

Why do you care ?
Do you wish that guy is death pently?

I do not think so!
send him jail longer til death.. instead of lethal or electro chair wha...ever

^Angel^ said:
I like what you say here, and I do have a question to ask you if I may, how do you feel about electric chairs? is that's a bit cruel as a punishment....

I don't like the idea of that one, nor of hanging (also too many chances for not ending it immediately). My understanding, without research, is that it doesn't always work right. Whatever is done, it ought to be either instant or if not instant, it should not give the person a chance to feel too much pain.

Death don't feel anythin'. Their souls will leave their bodies when the physical bodies dies. Death don't kill a soul, but it does to the physical body. They will NOT experience death, but they will face their death, knowin' that their hearts will stop pumpin'. After that, they will NOT remember it, because they are leavin' their bodies to go elsewhere.

It's better for them to receive punishment if, they break the laws for killin' or abusin' or what eva that hurt people and their lives.

Oh, yeah in the near future - there will be microchip implants under the people's skin to keep track on them. This microchip implant thing have the power to control their behaviors, knowin' that they are bein' watched through the satellite. Do you know why we have that microchip implant thing ? Because, of toooo many criminals are in prisons and that made the prisons overcrowd. It will cost people to pay ( tax ) for it. It's why we have the microchip thing and it saves people's money from payin' their taxes for prisons. Umm... it's better to have death penalty rather than microchip implants, because they could have a chance to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior if, they should change their mind before facin' their death in prison.. without worryin' about goin' to hell for havin' that microchip implant thing under their skin. --- that is my opinion.

I don't want to see the criminals bein' release from prisons, because they will do it again. Death penalty will take care of that to prevent them from doin' that again.

GalaxyAngel said:
German is wise which proprite punishment what more... Mohammed Ali Hamadi is using jijacking which it's very dangerous...

Why do you care ?
Do you wish that guy is death pently?

I do not think so!
send him jail longer til death.. instead of lethal or electro chair wha...ever
Do you think 19 years was enough punishment? I don't.

Do I wish he got the death penalty? Yes! Now this terrorist is free, and he will kill more people. That is just wonderful! :mad:

Rose Immortal said:
I don't like the idea of that one, nor of hanging (also too many chances for not ending it immediately). My understanding, without research, is that it doesn't always work right. Whatever is done, it ought to be either instant or if not instant, it should not give the person a chance to feel too much pain.

Me either, If they want to put someone to death, then it must be faster than being able to feel the horrible pains....

I am surprised that no one has pointed out that the death penalty is, um, racist in its application in the USA. Blacks make up the majority of those in Death Row even though they are among the minorities in the whole USA population.
And anyway, from an economic standpoint, life imprisonment is CHEAPER than execution, believe it or not.

Geez, I wish I can reply to all of these postings
on this thread...

Thanks for comments/opinions and these linkages
I tried to click on these linkages
I am SHOCKED to read and learn that
MOST people are against Death Penalty and
MOST Police/Chiefs are also against Death Penalty !!!!
I still do NOT understand them.
Scratching my head...

Question about Electric Chair:

Sure, I do NOT like the idea of electric chair,
BUT which is worse concept about having
the guilty murderer/rapist died on an electric chair

-- OR --

Is is Less Worse OR More Worse to think of
this same guilty Murderer/Rapist were
fooling around with your own daughter/son
on your own backyard... forcing/raping and
murdering an innocent little girl/boy.. only
because this murderer was taking a little
vacation time off from his prison and/or
he just got released or "escaped from the
prison"....

Which is WORSE: Electric Chair or
Your own beautiful daughter/son got forced,
raped and murdered ?

For anyone who is against Death Penalty,
will you invite any prisoners (for murders)
to live under your basement ?

Beowulf said:
I am surprised that no one has pointed out that the death penalty is, um, racist in its application in the USA. Blacks make up the majority of those in Death Row even though they are among the minorities in the whole USA population.
And anyway, from an economic standpoint, life imprisonment is CHEAPER than execution, believe it or not.

Yep, you're right!

Rose Immortal said:
You got a very good point there. It would be great if they ban capital punishments until the law to require DNA testing comes into effect. That would prevent the innocent ones from being put to death.

Rose Immortal said:
... it should not give the person a chance to feel too much pain.
No more pain or terror than the victim suffered, eh?

Sorry, I just visualize the agonies of the murder victims. I hear the little children screaming and begging for their lives. I see the fear in their innocent eyes. I see the killers raping wives in front of husbands. I see bodies cut into little pieces and thrown into garbage dumps like trash.

Excuse me if I am not sensitive enough.

It is difficult for my shaking hands to type this thru the tears.

Reba said:
Do you think 19 years was enough punishment? I don't.

Do I wish he got the death penalty? Yes! Now this terrorist is free, and he will kill more people. That is just wonderful! :mad:

But not wonderful...

They want kept questionaire drill him, until tell me his spill beans!!

Expecting that wanted be find terrioist wherebouts!

Back