Death Penalty (Opinion/Feedback)

Yes I can understand, Crazymomma because I'm also mother, too... I can image it must be terrible... that's why I support life sentence because the killer should be suffer there instead of put "sleep" peaceful...

I bet Killers would be happy to put death penatly to save their suffer because they don't want to suffer in prison rest of their lives...

See, that's another example of why I do not like death penatly, because most people use it out of anger , revenge and satisfaction.... :-/

^Angel^ said:
See, that's another example of why I do not like death penatly, because most people use it out of anger , revenge and satisfaction.... :-/

Yes I second that... :-/

Anger, revenge, satisfaction etc do not solve anything.... :-/

Teresh said:
I was in God's office the other day and he was complaining about how publishers have never respected his copyright on the Bible. He said he's going to start suing religious organizations for copyright infringement

You crack me up. I love this.

Biblical scholars agree that the Bible has distinct authors. Much of what is in writing now was not committed to paper until centuries after the events took place. To imagine that we prefectly carried each word for this long in our oral tradition and then committed them to paper without error is incredible egoism on our part, and it seeks to deny what I think is the essential message of the gospels - that each of us can forge our own authentic experience with God. God is not distant from us, lost in the dusty ancient days beyond our current grasp. God is present in the here and now directing us and providing us with possibilities each day. To revere the words of old does not mean we can't put them in proper perspective.

Have an experience with God and write your own account - it is authentic - as authentic as anything ever was.

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes I aware it. Make sure they are really innoncents or guilty...

Innocents end in life sentence or death penatly... I know that DNA is helpful to prevent them from life sentence or death penatly... like what I said in my previous posts that DNA error is rare (not alway 100% accurate)... Important is MAKE SURE until there're 100% accurate then....

I stand my opinion about death penatly in my previous posts.

I'm not sure anything we do can ever be 100% accurate, but I think that scientists would be able to tell (for instance) if the evidence is compromised in any way that is known to interfere with the testing in case further scientific advancements come along that can distinguish clearly one way or the other what that person's case is. That may be a case where perhaps a person should spend life in prison. But if the evidence is not compromised, I think then we should still allow the death penalty.

I thought true Christians forgive everyone no matter what they did... Give everyone chance to be forgiven. Like what Pope did to Iraner who shoot him... It nearly kill Pope but he visited Iraner in prison and forgive him.

wow your post sound that you beleive revenge...

How do you know that he will kill more people? It look like that you beleive that ALL criminals repeat to kill people, don't you?

At least in my view I do not see the death penalty as revenge. I see it as preventing a potentially dangerous person from doing any more harm--and while not all repeat their acts, the first time makes it a lot easier to do it again. If one has already killed once, and been convicted, what is there really to lose in killing someone else?

It doesn't mean I take joy in the execution. Rather, it should be mourned and I think one SHOULD do one's best to come to peace and forgiveness. That does not always mean sparing a person the consequences of their actions, but not delivering those consequences hatefully.

I know you and I won't see eye-to-eye on this. But I don't want you to think death penalty supporters are all cold, heartless people. That's not true at all.

Re-read...Rose Immortal more than satisfactorily answered the "why" question.

Tousi said:
Re-read...Rose Immortal more than satisfactorily answered the "why" question.

Yes I have... I only ask why death penalty, not life sentence...

Rose Immortal said:
At least in my view I do not see the death penalty as revenge.

Okay, it´s your opinion but to me, yes.

I see it as preventing a potentially dangerous person from doing any more harm--and while not all repeat their acts, the first time makes it a lot easier to do it again. If one has already killed once, and been convicted, what is there really to lose in killing someone else?

What´s wrong with life sentence? The criminals suffer there than death penalty...

It doesn't mean I take joy in the execution. Rather, it should be mourned and I think one SHOULD do one's best to come to peace and forgiveness. That does not always mean sparing a person the consequences of their actions, but not delivering those consequences hatefully.

I know you and I won't see eye-to-eye on this. But I don't want you to think death penalty supporters are all cold, heartless people. That's not true at all.

I see no problem that you and I have different opinion over death penalty...

All what I consider death penalty is also MURDER, too... Like what Angel said in her last post is true... God is not for revenge, anger, satisfaction, etc. but forgiven...

I thought true Christians forgive everyone no matter what they did... Give everyone chance to be forgiven. Like what Pope did to Iraner who shoot him... It nearly kill Pope but he visited Iraner in prison and forgive him.
Forgiving someone that hurt you is NOT the same as letting that person loose to hurt (kill) other people.

wow your post sound that you beleive revenge... :cold:
How is that "revenge"? It is only revenge if the person or persons who were agrieved or hurt take the punishment into their own hands instead of allowing the law to convict and punish.

How do you know that he will kill more people? It look like that you beleive that ALL criminals repeat to kill people, don't you?
He never repented his terrorism or killing. He is a terrorist. That is his whole life's goal.

I never said that I believe ALL criminals repeat their killing.

I am showing that a so-called "life sentence" in Germany is meaningless. You state that you are satisfied with life sentences instead of capital punishment. My post proved that there is no such thing as a "life" sentence in Germany. "Life" does NOT mean 19 years.

*Sigh* I can see that you ignored link in my previous post where I tried to explain that we beleive it's German Susanne Osthoff is the reason, why the government let him go...
"A spokesman for the [German] Foreign Ministry, Martin Jaeger, said there was no connection between his release and that of Susanne Osthoff, a German woman released at the weekend after spending more than three weeks as a hostage in Iraq."

Who do you believe?

He was supposed to sentenced to life without parole but German government let him go after 19 years sentence. Nobody knows the reason why Government do that... It's something do with "polities"... we don't know what/why... if they claimed that Susannse is not reason... :dunno:
See? A "life sentence" does NOT keep killers off the streets.

...the killer should be suffer there instead of put "sleep" peaceful...
OK. Instead of "putting them to sleep peacefully" how about executing them in the same manner that they killed their victims?

I bet Killers would be happy to put death penatly to save their suffer because they don't want to suffer in prison rest of their lives...
Yeah, right; is that why they use every appeal and legal trick to keep themselves off death row?

Moses killed a man, and he did not get his death penatly. maybe God is really against death penalty and God used him to free His people from Egypt. so how do u know God is really for it?

jazzy said:
Moses killed a man, and he did not get his death penatly. maybe God is really against death penalty and God used him to free His people from Egypt. so how do u know God is really for it?

Very Good Question here...

Last edited:
jazzy said:

And at the time when God was giving
His law to Moses and His people, He said these things:

"He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death."
- Exodus 21:12

"And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." - Exodus 21:15

"Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer
is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death." - Numbers 35:31

However, I still do NOT understand about Moses
who did murder someone else, but he did NOT get
the death penalty (I believe it is the Lord's decision
to give him "Grace" instead of Death Penalty because
Moses probably asked the Lord to "Forgive him
for murder" )

jazzy said:

Yeah, God is really for Death Penalty !!

Reason: Why did God let/allow Jesus die on the cross ?

Did you know that Jesus died on the cross is
same thing as the DEATH PENALTY !?!?!!?

Reba said:
Forgiving someone that hurt you is NOT the same as letting that person loose to hurt (kill) other people.

Forgive is Forgive...

How is that "revenge"? It is only revenge if the person or persons who were agrieved or hurt take the punishment into their own hands instead of allowing the law to convict and punish.

REVENGE is REVENGE, no matter what. If A person hurt B person, then C person killed A person out of revenge after what A person did to B person.

I would like to give you one example:

A father killed his son-in-law out of revenge after what his son-in-law did to his daughter. A father would put death penalty or life sentence for revenge because he did unlawful... Correct?

It's okay for the law to "punish" a father to death or life sentence because of law? Would you consider it as law, not revenge?

You must see the logical example...

I am showing that a so-called "life sentence" in Germany is meaningless. You state that you are satisfied with life sentences instead of capital punishment. My post proved that there is no such thing as a "life" sentence in Germany. "Life" does NOT mean 19 years.

Did you read the links, I provided in my previous post?

Reba said:
"A spokesman for the [German] Foreign Ministry, Martin Jaeger, said there was no connection between his release and that of Susanne Osthoff, a German woman released at the weekend after spending more than three weeks as a hostage in Iraq."

Who do you believe?

I already said in my previous post...

"He was supposed to sentenced to life without parole but German government let him go after 19 years sentence. Nobody knows the reason why Government do that... It's something do with "polities"... we don't know what/why... if they claimed that Susannse is not reason... "

See? A "life sentence" does NOT keep killers off the streets

Germans have different justice law system how to punish crimes... I disagree with their justice law sometimes... We don't know why they let him go... They served him long life sentence in first place but they let him go after 19 years sentence... It must be something reason why they have to let him go... I don't know what... I provided you with link about German justice system in my previous posts.

jazzy said:

Yes, that's what I thought so...

Y said:
And at the time when God was giving
His law to Moses and His people, He said these things:

"He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death."
- Exodus 21:12

"And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death." - Exodus 21:15

"Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer
is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death." - Numbers 35:31

It's human who wrote in the bible, not God... I know that God would never do that... See what Moses did...

However, I still do NOT understand about Moses
who did murder someone else, but he did NOT get
the death penalty (I believe it is the Lord's decision
to give him "Grace" instead of Death Penalty because
Moses probably asked the Lord to "Forgive him
for murder" )

See? God is not person to send Moses to death but forgive him.

Back