Death Penalty (Opinion/Feedback)

Beowulf said:
I am surprised that no one has pointed out that the death penalty is, um, racist in its application in the USA. Blacks make up the majority of those in Death Row even though they are among the minorities in the whole USA population.
And anyway, from an economic standpoint, life imprisonment is CHEAPER than execution, believe it or not.

That would again favor the need for the kind of mandatory forensic evidence-testing law I'm suggesting, if any of the fault lies with the courts. That would certainly be one way to reduce potential discriminiation, if every defendant has the same advantage through scientific processes.

BTW, where does that economic stat come from? Still...I'm not sure that's the only way we can decide what's the proper response. I think you'd have to factor in the probability of further damage done by other criminal acts, from a person who gets a "life sentence", given the possibility of parole in most cases. I don't think money could be the only issue.

Beowulf said:
I am surprised that no one has pointed out that the death penalty is, um, racist in its application in the USA. Blacks make up the majority of those in Death Row even though they are among the minorities in the whole USA population....
OK. I am all for executing more white murderers and child rapists. That is fine with me.

Reba said:
No more pain or terror than the victim suffered, eh?

Sorry, I just visualize the agonies of the murder victims. I hear the little children screaming and begging for their lives. I see the fear in their innocent eyes. I see the killers raping wives in front of husbands. I see bodies cut into little pieces and thrown into garbage dumps like trash.

Excuse me if I am not sensitive enough.

It is difficult for my shaking hands to type this thru the tears.

If you prefer not to answer this question, it's OK, but has something made this personal for you?

I guess my thought is that if the criminal is guilty and unrepentant, what they get in Hell will be far worse than anything possible on Earth. A few minutes of pain on Earth is nothing compared to eternal torment, if God deems it appropriate. That undoubtedly WILL be way more than the victim and their families suffered.

Y said:
Geez, I wish I can reply to all of these postings
on this thread...

Don't just wish. It is your duty.
Get going.

:whip:

Reba said:

Awww, Reba, there is more to what you are saying than we are aware of. I KNOW this is a sensitive subject.
:hug:

Rose Immortal said:
If you prefer not to answer this question, it's OK, but has something made this personal for you?

I guess my thought is that if the criminal is guilty and unrepentant, what they get in Hell will be far worse than anything possible on Earth. A few minutes of pain on Earth is nothing compared to eternal torment, if God deems it appropriate. That undoubtedly WILL be way more than the victim and their families suffered.
I'm sorry, I wasn't really ranting against you or your post. Sometimes the scenes are just too much for me to handle. I should exercise more self control. I apologize.

Reba said:
I'm sorry, I wasn't really ranting against you or your post. Sometimes the scenes are just too much for me to handle. I should exercise more self control. I apologize.

It's OK, no harm done. I'm just a bit worried about you, that's all.

Rose Immortal said:
It's OK, no harm done. I'm just a bit worried about you, that's all.
I am fine, thank you. :)

Rose Immortal said:

Yeah I agree, being in hell is far worse than being put to death....

I'm glad you're alright Reba... :hug:

Reba said:
"TWA Hijacker Released From German Prison
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
BERLIN — Mohammed Ali Hamadi has been paroled from prison after serving 19 years of a life sentence for the 1985 hijacking of a TWA jetliner and for killing a U.S. Navy diver...."
http://alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=422216&postcount=1

That was a German "life sentence." :(

*Sigh* I can see that you ignored link in my previous post where I tried to explain that we beleive it's German Susanne Osthoff is the reason, why the government let him go...

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,1829531,00.html

He was supposed to sentenced to life without parole but German government let him go after 19 years sentence. Nobody knows the reason why Government do that... It's something do with "polities"... we don't know what/why... if they claimed that Susannse is not reason... :dunno:

Rose Immortal said:
Liebling--this is why I am recommending a law to require mandatory DNA/forensic evidence testing in capital cases, to try to reduce the number of cases of this happening. ALL evidence must be tested, and if necessary the state should have to pay for this if they want to execute someone. Do be careful not to think that people in support of the death penalty don't care about the possibility of innocents dying; that couldn't be further from the truth. I think we must use due caution--hence the law I suggest.

Yes I aware it. Make sure they are really innoncents or guilty...

Innocents end in life sentence or death penatly... I know that DNA is helpful to prevent them from life sentence or death penatly... like what I said in my previous posts that DNA error is rare (not alway 100% accurate)... Important is MAKE SURE until there're 100% accurate then....

I stand my opinion about death penatly in my previous posts.

Reba said:
Which verses?

I think I already said in Reglious threads...

ONE thief accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior; the OTHER thief mocked Jesus, and did NOT accept Him as Savior.

I already said in my previous post...

Liebling's post
I´m surprised to know that we have different Bible... All what I know from Bible that Jesus forgive thieves... One thief are good and other theif is no good... One thief said to Jesus that he know that he´s sin but not Jesus but other thief against Jesus.

ONE thief went to heaven, the OTHER thief did NOT

Do you mean that Jesus send one thief to hell because he do not accept Jesus as his Lord?

Jesus was referring to those who were crucifying Him; He was not referring to the two thieves.

*sigh* I do not say that it's just for 2 thieves but everyone including 2 thieves...

God said that He is the Author of the Bible. If you deny that God is the Author, then you are calling God a liar.

You said this yourself, not me...

Men's hands wrote down the words that God gave them. The original words come from the Author God. Translators are NOT the Author.

It's scriptures, Jesus gave 12 "witnesses" to write in the bible... It's hard for people (including me) to understand what the word in scriptures is... It's author who translate the word from scriptures to help us to understand what those word is.

I can see from different bibles that ALL scriptures are SAME but Authors have different view after translate from scriptures to help beliefs to understand what those words are.

I thought the words from scriputures are the same until I learn from forum here that we have different authors who wrote in bibles... Some Christians claimed that the bibles what we have is not correct because authors is "non-christians"... Don't you know that we have catholic author, baptist autor, more belief authors, muslim author, islam, Indian, etc. etc. who have different view on scriputures? Do you want to claim that Christian authors are correct to understand scriputures more than every reglious authors?

For example, Victor Hugo wrote his books in French. He was the original author, and the original manuscripts were in French. If he dictated his stories to clerks who wrote the words down, Hugo was still the author. Translators took the author's original printed French words and put them into English for me to read, and into German for you to read. Translators are not authors.

See above

I see no problem that everyone tranlate into different languages but I see the problem is author's VIEW on scriputes. I know authors help us to understand what the word in scriputures is.

If you want to know the original meaning you will have to do some research into the original language, or go to someone you trust who can translate the original words for you.

I see no problem that translators translate every different languages but the problem is reglious authors who have different views on scriputures. (islam, catholic, baptist, christian, etc..etc...)

Yes I wish to study scriputures at YEARS AGO... but I learn from this forum here last year that we have different reglious authors who write different views on scriputures...

God IS the Author...sigh....

*sigh* God is not author but people who wrote after scriptures where Jesus and God's 12 "withnesses" wrote... (Apostel)

If you don't believe the Holy Bible is God's Word, then where do you find God's Word?

That's logical words, the people understand. I was taught to know that God and Jesus are good people. I can't image that God and Jesus are for any punishments including death penatly... Can you show me which/what Jesus and God are for punishments because I can't find in the bible...?

It's people who judge and punish other people for wrong things...

I find it interesting that I am frequently accused of judging other people's spirituality but it is perfectly OK for you to judge whether or not I am following God's Word.

:confused: It has nothing do with judge but debate with agree and disagree... I respect your beleif but I see nothing wrong to explain you in my view why I disagree with you then? I didn't know that you take this debate personal?

Feelings can be misleading and undependable. Look at how many women end up with the wrong guys based on their "feelings".

Man's laws and God's Laws are not based on feelings.

You can't compare the feeling between God and people...

I has the feeling since I was TAUGHT to know good positive about God and Jesus... I was raised to know that God and Jesus are good people that's why I has the feeling... Like what I said that I can't image that God and Jesus want people to hell, punishment to death, etc. etc. etc... It's too terrible and disgust image... I know they are forgiven person who forgive us no matter what.

I won't let author mislead me about God and Jesus...

CyberRed said:
Death don't feel anythin'. Their souls will leave their bodies when the physical bodies dies. Death don't kill a soul, but it does to the physical body. They will NOT experience death, but they will face their death, knowin' that their hearts will stop pumpin'. After that, they will NOT remember it, because they are leavin' their bodies to go elsewhere.

Disagree... Why I'm for life sentence without parole because I want to see killers suffer in prision REST of their life...

See the example about British Yorkshire Ripper... He was attacked by prisioners... Check picture of his big scar face...

http://www.execulink.com/~kbrannen/attackps.htm

It give him lesson for hurt/kill victims... He suffer REST of his life... it's his lesson, he learn... Death penatly do not solve anything to learn lesson but dead peaceful without suffer like the vet put animals sleep...

It's better for them to receive punishment if, they break the laws for killin' or abusin' or what eva that hurt people and their lives.

Yes, that's right .. that's why I support life sentence, not death penatly.. see above.

Oh, yeah in the near future - there will be microchip implants under the people's skin to keep track on them. This microchip implant thing have the power to control their behaviors, knowin' that they are bein' watched through the satellite. Do you know why we have that microchip implant thing ? Because, of toooo many criminals are in prisons and that made the prisons overcrowd. It will cost people to pay ( tax ) for it. It's why we have the microchip thing and it saves people's money from payin' their taxes for prisons. Umm... it's better to have death penalty rather than microchip implants, because they could have a chance to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior if, they should change their mind before facin' their death in prison.. without worryin' about goin' to hell for havin' that microchip implant thing under their skin. --- that is my opinion.

Costs of the Death Penalty
http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?did=108&scid=7

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/cost.html

I don't want to see the criminals bein' release from prisons, because they will do it again. Death penalty will take care of that to prevent them from doin' that again.

Not ALL criminals but some who learn their mistakes and fresh their new life...

ButterflyGirl said:
You want to believe that because it seems to me that you don't want to admit what if there are innocent people sitting in prisons. I admit that there may not be any innocent people in prisons but we need to face the fact that there may be and the only way to keep the law from making mistake by putting them to death is to ban the capital punishment. Let the guilty ones suffer in prison for LIFE. The innocent ones will be free when the truth about them are found.

Yes I second that.

Reba said:
Do you think 19 years was enough punishment? I don't.

Do I wish he got the death penalty? Yes! Now this terrorist is free, and he will kill more people. That is just wonderful! :mad:

I thought true Christians forgive everyone no matter what they did... Give everyone chance to be forgiven. Like what Pope did to Iraner who shoot him... It nearly kill Pope but he visited Iraner in prison and forgive him.

wow your post sound that you beleive revenge... :cold:

How do you know that he will kill more people? It look like that you beleive that ALL criminals repeat to kill people, don't you?

Y said:
Geez, I wish I can reply to all of these postings
on this thread...

Thanks for comments/opinions and these linkages
I tried to click on these linkages
I am SHOCKED to read and learn that
MOST people are against Death Penalty and
MOST Police/Chiefs are also against Death Penalty !!!!
I still do NOT understand them.
Scratching my head...

I'm not surprised because Europeans are against death penalty... That's why European Union law refuse to deliver criminals to America because they know that criminals will put death penatly in America.

Reba said:
No more pain or terror than the victim suffered, eh?

Sorry, I just visualize the agonies of the murder victims. I hear the little children screaming and begging for their lives. I see the fear in their innocent eyes. I see the killers raping wives in front of husbands. I see bodies cut into little pieces and thrown into garbage dumps like trash.

Excuse me if I am not sensitive enough.

awww Reba :hug:, I know how you feel about murder victims... You are not only one but everyone including me are upset, too... It's more than terrible... I know this subject is very senstive issue. It's not easy for me, beleive me please but I am still not for death penatly but life sentence without parole, no matter what.

Reba said:
God is the Author of the Bible. God does NOT lie. God is wiser than you and me. God makes the rules.

I was in God's office the other day and he was complaining about how publishers have never respected his copyright on the Bible. He said he's going to start suing religious organizations for copyright infringement.

Yeah right. The Bible was written by man. Under influence from God, possibly, and that's contingent on beliefs, but by man nonetheless. There is *nothing* in the Bible that indicates that God came down and handed a holy book to someone. Contrast that to Islam, where it is believed that the Qur'an was dictated to Mohammed by an angel, when he himself was illiterate. Humans are fallible, it is their nature. When you write something you were inspired to right, possibly inspired by God, you add your own perspective to it.

Reba said:
Yes, I follow God's Word.

Or, rather, you follow what you believe God's Word to be. You're not the only person who believes this, but that said there are many different interpretations and beliefs as to what God's Word is. Therefore, you need to acknowledge that your beliefs are not the only ones in existence, and acknowledge that other beliefs and religions have some philosophical Truth to them, even if the beliefs themselves are incompatible with your own. If you can't do that, you're just a fool.

Reba said:
Like I said, you can have your opinion but that doesn't change the facts of law.

The Bible only ever suggests the death penalty for crimes of murder. And it's ambiguous enough that it's open to multiple interpretations.

Reba said:
Rare means exactly that--rare! That means DNA errors do NOT happen often

Correct... DNA fingerprinting is about a thousand times more accurate than checking fingerprints or handprints/footprints, etc. And the latter are accepted as incriminating evidence in most US courts.

Reba said:
ONE thief accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior; the OTHER thief mocked Jesus, and did NOT accept Him as Savior. ONE thief went to heaven, the OTHER thief did NOT.

This story is only in one Gospel... Two of the other three make no mention of any thieves on Golgatha, and the other one says they both mocked him. It is known that the Gospels were not written down on paper until 50-100 years after the death of Jesus, so the question becomes, why the ambiguity? Which is right, which is wrong? We'll never know the answer.

Reba said:
God said that He is the Author of the Bible. If you deny that God is the Author, then you are calling God a liar.

God said this? Where? When? Did I not get the memo?

Reba said:
If you want to know the original meaning you will have to do some research into the original language, or go to someone you trust who can translate the original words for you.

Do you know Biblical Hebrew?

Reba said:
For example, Victor Hugo wrote his books in French. He was the original author, and the original manuscripts were in French. If he dictated his stories to clerks who wrote the words down, Hugo was still the author. Translators took the author's original printed French words and put them into English for me to read, and into German for you to read. Translators are not authors.

If you know Biblical Hebrew, or indeed any ancient language, you would know that it's very difficult to translate into modern languages because of a significant number of homonyms. The Talmud chronicles rabbinical discussions on the subject of how to interpret the Tanakh since the beginning, when people actually spoke the language used therein. But Christians regard such as heresy. Irrationally, indeed, considering Christianity's Jewish roots. There's a lot of things you could learn from it.

Reba said:
If you don't believe the Holy Bible is God's Word, then where do you find God's Word?

I find it interesting that I am frequently accused of judging other people's spirituality but it is perfectly OK for you to judge whether or not I am following God's Word.

Other holy books? Surely you're not so foolish as to think Christianity is the only religion with a holy book.

Y said:
Is is Less Worse OR More Worse to think of
this same guilty Murderer/Rapist were
fooling around with your own daughter/son
on your own backyard... forcing/raping and
murdering an innocent little girl/boy.. only
because this murderer was taking a little
vacation time off from his prison and/or
he just got released or "escaped from the
prison"....

The judicial system was established to punish wrongdoers, not to prevent future transgressions. Leave criminology to the experts.

Last edited:
I support both sides, it depends on killer's background and what the killer did.

WHAT IF.... WHAT IF IT HAPPEN TO YOUR OWN FAMILY?

I had to think about of my own kids or my own husband's safely.

If this guy had sex with my little 4 years old son, torture my son and killed my son at the same day. How do you feel what I am feeling? Losing my own only child? You guys probably would feel the same as I do if this guys did to YOUR OWN CHILDREN... My frustration and angry to this guy and I wanted him to lock up and put in death sentence for what he did to my own only child. My only child will never come back from death. How can I live for next 50 years with no children around me... That is my own opinion...

If this man killed my husband for no reason, just because he just killed my husband for fun. He stole guns, hurt other people and killed other people, and then shot and killed my husband when he put the button for alarm. He never say goodbye to me, or my son. How do I feel? Yes, frustration and angry, and my son would felt the same thing too. Can I look at this killer in the eye? I wanted him to lock up and put in death sentence for what he did to my own husband. How can I live for next 50 years without my FAVORITE husband around me...That is my own opinion...

I support both side, Life sentence and death penatly, it depends on what they did.

*closing the door and lock it*

Back