Dear Joshua

Dear Josh,
I did go to my hs reunion and it was not the worst time nor the best time. I did get to see old friends that I knew since elementry school who came to my hs. It was surreal , my goodness most of my classmates were drunk no kidding.. it was funny to see the class "slut" who had major plastic surgery done her nose is soo tiny LOL She wasn't a bad looking girl in hs she was drunk as well LOL.. I did sit with some people that I didn't even hang out with in hs but we were the loudest table. I was not very sociable due to this cold I have bummer.. I didn't meet any single guys :( Oh, well maybe I will get lucky else where. Just to keep you update on this even it was okay overall. Any suggestions how to get a guy? :giggle:

Sounds like you had interesting time at your high school reunion. Glad you went there and now you know it. :)

My suggestion to meet guys at some places I would recommand:

-Bookstores
-Gyms
-Go to the restaurant alone (I know its don't sounds good but it worked for me once)
-Home improvement stores
-Get involved in any organizations
-If you tried all, try dating service online if you believe in that.

Good luck! :)

Sounds like you had interesting time at your high school reunion. Glad you went there and now you know it. :)

My suggestion to meet guys at some places I would recommand:

-Bookstores
-Gyms
-Go to the restaurant alone (I know its don't sounds good but it worked for me once)
-Home improvement stores
-Get involved in any organizations
-If you tried all, try dating service online if you believe in that.

Good luck! :)
Yes, I have tried ALL the above no luck so far. I am a health club member smile I can always do the dating service online again hehe Thanks for your input

Dear Joshua,

Should I move to Seattle?

How's the job market there?

Keep up a good work. I think you should have your own web site.

I just learned that you have Usher Syndrome.

Is there any cure for Usher Syndrome?
I believe that the Usher Syndrome may leads to blind, are you getting yourself prepared for it?

Dear Joshua,

Should I move to Seattle?

Depend on what kind of city you look for.

How's the job market there?

Seattle job market is strong. Seattle is adding thouands of new jobs lately. It is depend on what your career field is. Seattle is very deaf friendly city which made it easier for many deaf people to find decent jobs without discrimination.

Keep up a good work. I think you should have your own web site.

Thanks! :) My own website for this? I don't know... It would be a lot of works for me to do it. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I just learned that you have Usher Syndrome.

Is there any cure for Usher Syndrome?
I believe that the Usher Syndrome may leads to blind, are you getting yourself prepared for it?

There is no cure for it yet. The scientists are working on it right now. I received a newsletter from The Natural Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders that they have some treatments for it. More information on Usher Syndrome: New Insights Lead to Earlier Treatment [NIDCD Health Information]

I'm working on it to prepared myself for it.

Seattle job market is strong. Seattle is adding thouands of new jobs lately. It is depend on what your career field is. Seattle is very deaf friendly city which made it easier for many deaf people to find decent jobs without discrimination.

Joshua,

So, there's no unemployment among the deaf in Seattle?

I would love to do animation for the Internet. I like working with programming language too.

Also, is there a Deaf professional Happy Hour in Seattle?

thank you!~

There is no cure for it yet. The scientists are working on it right now. I received a newsletter from The Natural Institute of Deafness and Other Communication Disorders that they have some treatments for it. More information on Usher Syndrome: New Insights Lead to Earlier Treatment [NIDCD Health Information]

I'm working on it to prepared myself for it.

Hi Joshua,

You should speak to Danny DeC..., a deaf-blind chef. I think he used to own a "Rajin' Cajun" restaurant in Seattle.

I believe there are many Deafies with Usher living in Seattle. Over 100, perhaps?

Joshua,

So, there's no unemployment among the deaf in Seattle?

Deaf people are same as hearing people on unemployment for various reasons. About every deaf individual I met/know in Seattle have decent jobs.

I would love to do animation for the Internet. I like working with programming language too.

Do you have degree for that field? If so, you should have no problem to find job at that field in Seattle.

Also, is there a Deaf professional Happy Hour in Seattle?

Yes Seattle has it. It started over two years ago. I attended their first meeting and met so many amazing people! It collapsed for around one year during low attendance (DPHH ususally on wrong time and location when many deaf professionals couldn't make it). I learned that DPHH just started again this month. I hope this time will do well.

thank you!~

My pleasure. :)

Hi Joshua,

You should speak to Danny DeC..., a deaf-blind chef. I think he used to own a "Rajin' Cajun" restaurant in Seattle.

I have been hearing about him for years and never had chance to meet him in person. :( That restaurant he used to own is closed for two reasons... Lease expired and he wanted to travel around the world. Someone told me a while ago that he might re-open his restaurant when he is done with traveling. I am not sure if that is true.

I believe there are many Deafies with Usher living in Seattle. Over 100, perhaps?

Yes Seattle is known as largest Deaf-Blind community because of climate, excellent services and supports. Last time I heard that Seattle metro area have over 300 Deaf-Blind people. It is not just Usher Syndrome, there are different types of blindness that Deaf-Blind people have. In the general, Usher Syndrome is very common for Seattle's Deaf-Blind community.

Dear Joshua,
My washed my mp3 player in the laundry last night, should I beat him over the head with the new iPod or the old washed up one? :giggle:

Dear Joshua,
My washed my mp3 player in the laundry last night, should I beat him over the head with the new iPod or the old washed up one? :giggle:

First of all, you have to be honest with him what happened. If it is broken, you buy new one for him.

I think you misunderstood - he washed my mp3 player.... OH well, Ive already bought me a new iPod, my daughter now has her own mp3 player to call hers - the washed up one that barely plays any music. It comes out so garbled I can barely make out what it is. But my DD gets a kick out of 'listening to music' lol.

I think you misunderstood - he washed my mp3 player.... OH well, Ive already bought me a new iPod, my daughter now has her own mp3 player to call hers - the washed up one that barely plays any music. It comes out so garbled I can barely make out what it is. But my DD gets a kick out of 'listening to music' lol.

Oh okay. Your last post said, "My washed my mp3 player in the laundry last night" You didn't say "son" :giggle: Next time, pay attention to your grammar. :)

Back