Christmas Scavenger Hunt 2006 [FREE GIFTS]

OR show that people really want.. cuz watches just not something that they will want.

like the last 2 year I won LTR *Lords of the rings DVD sets* It's perfect for the first place.

Alex, you should try to get them as example

1st place.................Computer Equirment or Video Game Stuff.

2st place...................Various Gift Card on $50.00.

3rd place...................Dvd Movies with a sets.

That something it will intersted all the members... dont' you think so?

Can you afford expense Computer equipment?
:eek3:

CoolieFroggie, I stated in my first post that the winners get the following prizes:

1st Place: Watch or $100 Cash. The watch is worth around $100. If the winner chooses the $100 instead, they can buy whatever they want with that money.

2nd Place: Same idea. They either choose the Sonic Bomb clock or the $50 gift certificate. They can buy whatever they want with the gift certificate.

3rd Place: Again, they either choose the 2-Disc DVD or the $25 gift certificate.

I know not everyone will like the items I offered so that is why I also offered the gift certificate as an alternative.

CoolieFroggie, I stated in my first post that the winners get the following prizes:

1st Place: Watch or $100 Cash. The watch is worth around $100. If the winner chooses the $100 instead, they can buy whatever they want with that money.

2nd Place: Same idea. They either choose the Sonic Bomb clock or the $50 gift certificate. They can buy whatever they want with the gift certificate.

3rd Place: Again, they either choose the 2-Disc DVD or the $25 gift certificate.

I know not everyone will like the items I offered so that is why I also offered the gift certificate as an alternative.

Ohh 2 ? I thought only one DVD ? lol :lol:

Alex -- I was referring to any future games that u might want to have next year or 2 years from now -- I had not mentioned that in my last post -- sorry for the misunderstanding LOL

Ohhh nevermind I see at first page said superman 2-disc CD in one case lol :lol: .. yah I am using banana weed lol :Oops:

How about these prize for the future?

1st - $1,000

2nd - $500

3rd - $100

That will sure bring in everyone in. :D

*zoom*

:lol: Alex, if I am very very wealthy like multi millionaire I would love to but I am not wealthy. Dang! :lol:

You're not alone, I'm not wealthy either. :o

I've noticed people have been buying the gift cards because that's the best choice and let other buy what they really wanted or needed. So I guess I could suggest just gift cards in 100 dollars, 75, 50 or 25. Just a suggestion. :) (maybe if you add some choices such as Wal Mart, Target, Bed, Bath and Beyon, APple Bee's, Chili's, Red Robins, Hooters, Harris Commutations, etc, etc) so can choose one of them for the prize?

What ya think?

I see nothing wrong with how Alex did the prizes this year, he put either, gift certificate or the prize he choose. I believe it's Alex's money so I don't think we should tell him how he should spend his money. In my whole opinion, it's rude. ;)

well i'm not complain whatever alex offered, so i'm happy with it. Its only games, anyone could able play or win before. Matter of facts, its alike "freedom of speech" just like other everywhere prizes. Its very nice of forum like that, which don't usually do that, so be nice to that alex, we should give him a applaud for that great idea of scavenger hunt here.

well i'm not complain whatever alex offered, so i'm happy with it. Its only games, anyone could able play or win before. Matter of facts, its alike "freedom of speech" just like other everywhere prizes. Its very nice of forum like that, which don't usually do that, so be nice to that alex, we should give him a applaud for that great idea of scavenger hunt here.

I agree, I do think it was very nice of him to even offer a Christmas scavenger hunt, its holiday spirit, we had fun, we even laugh, that's what Christmas is all about, it's an AllDeaf gathering, it's not about winning prizes, it's about having fun, laugh together and share the holiday spirits. ;)

I see nothing wrong with how Alex did the prizes this year, he put either, gift certificate or the prize he choose. I believe it's Alex's money so I don't think we should tell him how he should spend his money. In my whole opinion, it's rude. ;)

yup!, I agreed :thumb:

yup!, I agreed :thumb:

I agree, I do think it was very nice of him to even offer a Christmas scavenger hunt, its holiday spirit, we had fun, we even laugh, that's what Christmas is all about, it's an AllDeaf gathering, it's not about winning prizes, it's about having fun, laugh together and share the holiday spirits. ;)

Oh yeah it was very nice of him to make us fun in scavenger hunt as hoilday. It was so FUN! :lol: it was enjoy to have fun :lol:

Right on! to bring us the joy, exact as Christmas all about, bring joy, smile, laughs, and spend time.. just like we did on this forum during we wait for Alex, it was a fun chat!

Alex did good job with this.. so dont need complain over this.. move on! have a fun on xmas! :D

Alex, first off, my hat's off to you for an outstanding job, the courage, the will and desire to bring many together during the holiday season for some time of fun, entertainment...creating an euphoria (feeling of happiness ;) ) for Alldeaf's members, the laughter and goofiness while awaiting you on the first night (you had good reasons--;), thanks to Jolie_77 for her help to keep those who were waiting, by assuring members to remain calm, relaxed...altogether, having the joyful Christmas spirit.)...no matter the prizes, the amount or what it was, members were simply excited and truly anxious to 'play' and have some 'fun'...(but oh poor DM, those 5 long hours of seeing post after post, searching tirelessly...I can imagine what sort of dream you must have had later on--dreaming of posts flashing about in your dream :lol: ).

I would like to commend on SherryCherish and Cheri's (hmm...something's cherish about those usernames-- :lol: ) posts ( #874 and #875 respectively)...it was eloquently posted. ;) Afterall, this is Alex's Forum, it's his sovereign rights to set up however he sees fit...yet, let's make it clear that he obviously does so with all fairness and takes pleasure to strive to keep members here in AD happy...to have a sense of belonging, a place to meet and gather as well as to have a good time. Which, in a sense, why I call him-- "da man" ....:D

I do like to point out it doesn't appease me when members suddenly have a 'say' about how things ought to be run or handled, set up, etc.,....Of course, Alex willingly considers and weighs out 'ideas'...although, it doesn't look like it's being done in that manner, it's more of...telling what needs to be done. Furthermore, the contest just ended, and after the majority of the members participating in the contest had a great and fun time--suddenly, it feels like...the contest is being overtaken, the ideas, the ways, etc.,....

Point is and simply put:

--End the complaints, end the manner of 'telling' how things ought to be for 'next time'....all I got to say. It's ridiculous and yet, embarrassing at that as well...here's a fellow, who runs this site with a generous heart, with the intent of having this 'small deaf world' a place to meet and gather. Please, I beg any of you to put an end to 'telling' how things should be...lastly, Christmas is almost upon us, a time for each of us to do what we do during this holiday season, meanwhile, let's continue and spread that peaceful joy here in AD. :)

Once again, wishing you all a very joyful and blessed holidays!!

~RR

I also would like to add that the main integral and vital part of the whole contest is for members to have fun...therefore, no matter what or how many times a member may win, they should be able to play along for however long a contest is ever played here in AD. That's my POV. ;)

Last edited:
Back