Because Bible said so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never?

Did you know the story about Abraham and his son Isaac?

God tested Abraham's faith is got him to sacrifice his son Isaac. Abraham do what God want. Abraham was about killed his son Isaac for God but suddenly he was being stopped by Angels and said that God only test his faith... :ugh3:

To my view, it's very cruel test God tried to make Abraham and then Abraham relieved after pain and hurt because he love Isaac too much. To me... I would say NO NO NO NO NO if God asked me to sacrifice my son if I were Abraham because my love for my son is powerful than God!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed:

I agree that it is cruel test, However God decided it was right for his own reasons. However, I would like to point out something that I think everybody will be interested in.

After God told Abraham to sacrifice Issac, While they were making the journey on way to the mountain that God told them to go. Before they arrived to their desination, Abraham told his servents to stay behind and that He and Issac will return after a while. Genesis 22:5

I find that very interesting becaues he knew that he was gonna kill Issac. Why did he say that they both will return?

The following is my opinion:

I believe it is because Abraham believed that God will raise Issac back to life after the deed was done. Abraham knew of promise that his people will live on through Issac so he has to be alive for that to happen. Abraham knew that God could bring anybody back to life again.

About God testing Abraham and we also under test from God. Each of us have our so called first place in our life. Abraham loved his only child, but as compare, who does Abraham loves the most? God or Isaac? God test Abraham to see how much he loves God or his son. Not mean, that Abrahama loves less on Isaac. Proof of him love Isaac so much by what he had done. Abraham passed the test, bec showing how much Abraham loves God first and his faith in God that He will provides. Same with us, its not just person itself, but other things, the thing we should give up on. Have we? Alot of us don't. There is good pointer of both sides how each look at. Test our faith is a challenge. Jesus came down from Heaven to become human like us to bore our sins upon himself. The actual is Jesus didnt die to protect us from human destructions, He died to save us from the wrath of God. Bec without Christ, we are heading toward destructions which God doesnt want to. God tried everyway for us to be with Him, but, we, humans, are very stubborn and making wrong choices. Proof God is love, what He gave us, His Son, Jesus.

...And the God of the Bible required a human sacrifice the same as the god's of other religions....
Incorrect. God required a sinless perfect sacrifice. There were no humans able to meet that criteria; therefor, God never required the sacrifice of any human to pay for the atonement of all sin. There was only One who could fulfill that requirement, and God knew that and established that. That One was Jesus Christ, the sinless perfect sacrifice.

The "gods" of other religions demanded the sacrifices of multiple humans of all kinds and ages. Not at all "the same". Not even close.

Satan is the great impostor and imitator. The religions that Satan influenced took the holy principles and teachings of God Jehovah and perverted them for Satan and man's use. It will happen again in the most dramatic way during the end times when Satan's false Christ and false prophet will deceive the people on earth.

i know its off topics, yeah, i met cheri, angel, puyo and lieblin. Tho lieblin and i have different pov, but yet, we ve been great friends and had a great time. And Puyo, gawd, what can i say. He is awesome guy and had a great time with him. I love him a bunchie. It was a great knowing by meeting alot of yall here in AD at Angels and Brads wedding. Its been a blast

And ur a great guy! :)

Incorrect. God required a sinless perfect sacrifice. There were no humans able to meet that criteria; therefor, God never required the sacrifice of any human to pay for the atonement of all sin. There was only One who could fulfill that requirement, and God knew that and established that. That One was Jesus Christ, the sinless perfect sacrifice.

The "gods" of other religions demanded the sacrifices of multiple humans of all kinds and ages. Not at all "the same". Not even close.

Satan is the great impostor and imitator. The religions that Satan influenced took the holy principles and teachings of God Jehovah and perverted them for Satan and man's use. It will happen again in the most dramatic way during the end times when Satan's false Christ and false prophet will deceive the people on earth.

Still can't get around the fact that Jesus was in human form, and was sacrificed for the sins of mankind. I'm just curious. How is it that the Christians are all so certain that their particular religion is the absolute correct one? All other religions have the same sort of religious writings to back up their beliefs. People of other religions are just as certain that their beliefs are correct. Every religion can offer support historically for their doctrine. Can we really be so certain that Christianity is the one true way?

Still can't get around the fact that Jesus was in human form, and was sacrificed for the sins of mankind. I'm just curious. How is it that the Christians are all so certain that their particular religion is the absolute correct one? All other religions have the same sort of religious writings to back up their beliefs. People of other religions are just as certain that their beliefs are correct. Every religion can offer support historically for their doctrine. Can we really be so certain that Christianity is the one true way?[/QUOTE]

I dont think nobody can be really certain which is why there are religion wars.

Still can't get around the fact that Jesus was in human form, and was sacrificed for the sins of mankind. I'm just curious. How is it that the Christians are all so certain that their particular religion is the absolute correct one? All other religions have the same sort of religious writings to back up their beliefs. People of other religions are just as certain that their beliefs are correct. Every religion can offer support historically for their doctrine. Can we really be so certain that Christianity is the one true way?[/QUOTE]

I dont think nobody can be really certain which is why there are religion wars.

Exactly. And Chritianity, especially, has so many different denominations, all claiming to be the one true way.

All other religions have the same sort of religious writings to back up their beliefs. People of other religions are just as certain that their beliefs are correct. Every religion can offer support historically for their doctrine. Can we really be so certain that Christianity is the one true way?

Some religions don't follow the bible, they use their own opinions and thoughts.

Buddhism does not believe in God and Buddhism does not teach any thing that is related in the bible.

As for Catholics some of them pray in front of statues, I've seen some people put their hands on the feet of the statue of Jesus, saying a prayer. We Christians do not do that. We just follow the bible, every word of God, we pray on our quiet time alone without any statues.

Having a religion has nothing to do with God, What's more important to God is a having a relationship with Him and believe God's words according to what the bible says. ;)

Having a religion has nothing to do with God, What's more important to God is a having a relationship with Him and believe God's words according to what the bible says. ;)

Amen.

Some religions don't follow the bible, they use their own opinions and thoughts.

Buddhism does not believe in God and Buddhism does not teach any thing that is related in the bible.

As for Catholics some of them pray in front of statues, I've seen some people put their hands on the feet of the statue of Jesus, saying a prayer. We Christians do not do that. We just follow the bible, every word of God, we pray on our quiet time alone without any statues.

Like I said before, Everybody have different belief in each cultures. You can't expect everybody to follow christian belief. Each people have their on belief. So, to me I only belief in one GOD. I am catholic but I don't pray to statues but I do respect their business and their belief. I can't change them. I have met so many people all over the world traveling with my family and I have enjoy learning from so many different people about their belief and their culture. I can't judge them, but just listen to them and respect them. Every cultures have their own type of bible how they belief or what they want to belief. Who are we to tell them what to do and judge them? Making any sense? Because lot of cultures in religions believe things what they were taught in different ways.

Like I said before, Everybody have different belief in each cultures. You can't expect everybody to follow christian belief. Each people have their on belief. So, to me I only belief in one GOD. I am catholic but I don't pray to statues but I do respect their business and their belief. I can't change them. I have met so many people all over the world traveling with my family and I have enjoy learning from so many different people about their belief and their culture. I can't judge them, but just listen to them and respect them. Every cultures have their own type of bible how they belief or what they want to belief. Who are we to tell them what to do and judge them? Making any sense? Because lot of cultures in religions believe things what they were taught in different ways.

:gpost:

I couldnt agree with that more. :)

All Cheri is doing is explaining the differences and when someone create a thread especially when it comes to sharing others about their beliefs or what the Bible says doesn't always mean they expect others to follow them. I have no problem with people believing in something else but you also have to remember that not all Christians have the same attitudes. In all fairness I think everyone should respect each others beliefs, that inculde you too as well. And remember that this topic is about "Because the Bible said so", while some of us may share others the scriptures in the Bible doesn't mean we're judging anyone. We are trying to share the very word of God and to know Him personally..

As God gave us free will to decide to follow Him or to walk away and the choice is up to all of us.

Totally agree with you! :) Everyone have own beliefs and everyone have to respect that.

Still can't get around the fact that Jesus was in human form, and was sacrificed for the sins of mankind. I'm just curious. How is it that the Christians are all so certain that their particular religion is the absolute correct one? All other religions have the same sort of religious writings to back up their beliefs. People of other religions are just as certain that their beliefs are correct. Every religion can offer support historically for their doctrine. Can we really be so certain that Christianity is the one true way?
For each born-again Christian, it's not faith in a religion but faith in the Savior. It's not church membership but a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our Savior was dead but rose again, alive forever. We Christians follow a living leader. He's not entombed somewhere. We aren't required to perform rituals or works to obtain that salvation. It's by the grace of God.

Religions depend on the actions of their members (mortal people) in order to continue.

Christianity depends on the actions of the Savior (God) in order to continue.

The question is not "is Christianity the one true way." The question is, "is Christ the one true way", and the answer is "yes".

Well we read the Dharma while you read the Arambic. Also most of the times, I, personally, not surprised, the dharma tendly to say the similar to the bible except for those that seems unproveable truth (ex. heaven, afterlife, God, Angels, etc) while we, Buddhists, only focus on the reality of suffering.

Like I said before, Everybody have different belief in each cultures. You can't expect everybody to follow christian belief. .

:wtf:

Where did I say everyone must follow the Christians?

For each born-again Christian, it's not faith in a religion but faith in the Savior. It's not church membership but a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our Savior was dead but rose again, alive forever. We Christians follow a living leader. He's not entombed somewhere. We aren't required to perform rituals or works to obtain that salvation. It's by the grace of God.

Religions depend on the actions of their members (mortal people) in order to continue.

Christianity depends on the actions of the Savior (God) in order to continue.

The question is not "is Christianity the one true way." The question is, "is Christ the one true way", and the answer is "yes".

:nodding in agreements:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back